Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062507 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17565 on: May 23, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »

I just finished Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) and Bartender. Recommend both for some more thoughtful slice of life.

This is something I'm watching at the moment, and has never been mentioned in this thread:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity has declined, 2012). So far, halfway through, it's cute, funny, clever and more than a little bit insane. Surreal slice of life comedy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17566 on: May 23, 2014, 11:16:31 pm »

Ghost in the Shell, the first movie, if you haven't seen it already.  From the late 90s, but still certainly a classic and extremely good.
Could never get into Ghost in the Shell, but Black Magic M-66 is a movie by the same guy, also features robots, and I thought was quite good. It's definitely got that retro feel to it, if nothing else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17567 on: May 23, 2014, 11:42:48 pm »

Black Magic M-66
Started watching it just now.
*10+ minutes in*
A humanoid robot often showing one glowing eye, programmed to track down and kill a young woman… Meh.

Ghost in the Shell is way different. Doesn't compare really. I just fucking love the idea of full-body prosthetics. There are some really cool moments where people have black market hackjobs done on themselves in Stand Alone Complex that I'll simply never forget. Cyberpunk to the max. Plus the spider mechs are badass in so many ways. I just wish they weren't so cute sometimes, kinda ruins the tension.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: May 24, 2014, 01:19:00 am »

I just finished Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) and Bartender. Recommend both for some more thoughtful slice of life.

This is something I'm watching at the moment, and has never been mentioned in this thread:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity has declined, 2012). So far, halfway through, it's cute, funny, clever and more than a little bit insane. Surreal slice of life comedy.

O.O
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17569 on: May 24, 2014, 02:19:41 am »

O.O

That was perhaps the funniest thing I've seen all day.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17570 on: May 24, 2014, 12:58:22 pm »

Spoiler: Tokyo Ravens (E20) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tokyo Ravens (E24) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:37:28 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: May 24, 2014, 06:45:30 pm »

Hmm... Fans might not like that. Let's kill them as well.
Am I the only person who took this as them hunting down and killing all the fans they can find? :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17572 on: May 24, 2014, 08:26:28 pm »

Hmm... Fans might not like that. Let's kill them as well.
Am I the only person who took this as them hunting down and killing all the fans they can find? :P
Nope! :)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17573 on: May 24, 2014, 08:44:43 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:16:21 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17574 on: May 24, 2014, 08:58:50 pm »

At the same time or one after the other?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17575 on: May 24, 2014, 11:30:28 pm »

Well, if it's an all-caps series from you, vector, i should really go watch. No wait ... seen it ;). Yah that's another under the radar show. Aoi Hana / Blue Flowers is the best shoujo-ai / yuri show by about a mile. It's really in another class by itself even compared to things like Maria-sama ga mitteru.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:35:53 pm by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17576 on: May 24, 2014, 11:31:06 pm »

Together, I assume- is all at once.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17577 on: May 24, 2014, 11:58:57 pm »

Anyone seen Jin-Roh?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17578 on: May 25, 2014, 12:13:11 am »

I'm working my way through Getter Robo Armageddon right now. The first 3 episodes were a slog to be honest as it was hard to tell what was going on and the music direction was rather meh. But then suddenly episode 4 happened and everything became freaking amazing. From that point on it was really easy to see how some call it a spiritual predecessor to Gurren Lagann. I'm so gonna read the original Getter Robo manga after I'm done with this.
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17579 on: May 25, 2014, 04:46:08 am »

I watched season 1 of The World God Only Knows. I regret it. What a lackluster collection of characters, setting, premise, just everything.
Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 2193