Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065128 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17445 on: May 14, 2014, 08:50:08 pm »

That's what I'm saying! Oh well no point in clogging up the conversation let's rejoice!

Yeah! Clogging up the conversation is reserved for Attack on Titan!

Also yeah I am happy to hear this, hopefully they will answer several of the unanswered questions... as well I hope that they don't get rid of the Galaxy Gundam.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17446 on: May 14, 2014, 09:26:49 pm »

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17447 on: May 14, 2014, 09:30:51 pm »

Knights of Sidonia
Tell me more.
Little is known about the true nature of the Gauna or the huge ship they board to pursue Sidonia. Each Gauna has its core protected by a huge mass of seemingly impenetrable material known as the "placenta" (胞衣 ena?)1, and once the placenta is shed away and the core is wounded beyond repair, the Gauna's body disintegrates.

Sidonia is defended by [mecha] whose weaponry and mobility is powered by "Hyggs particles" (ヘイグス粒子 Heigusu Ryūshi?)2, armed with a high output cannon for long range assaults and a special blade known as "Kabizashi" for close combat, which is made of an elusive material3 that can cut through the Gauna's placenta with ease.

1. Wat.
2. Presumably pseudo-science Higgs bosons?
3. -_____________________-

So basically like Macross Frontier but with less music and more transhumanist culture, I'm assuming?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17448 on: May 14, 2014, 09:36:39 pm »

At least all these stupidly named things make the descriptions funny

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17449 on: May 14, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »

I'm not actually one for 'big mech' style anime, funnily enough.
Heroic Age is the most enjoyment I've ever gotten from one, and that's probably because it hardly fits.

Edit: Halp
EDIT EDIT It keeps happening
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:53:59 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #17450 on: May 14, 2014, 09:48:06 pm »

Spoiler: AoT (click to show/hide)
Oh, thanks!

I didn't like Haruhi very much--again, nothing against it really, just wasn't my teacup--just wanted to be sure that the whole thing wasn't going to be about the zaniness of the lead character's, uh, issues.
I guess it might seem like that for a few episodes, but yeah that isn't really the meat of the series.  Haruhi probably functions like that because it was mostly a series of short stories.
Yeah, as soon as the plot gets intense, any 'zaniness' goes out the window fast.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #17451 on: May 14, 2014, 10:54:28 pm »

Black Bullet : loli assassin "Tina Sprout" works for evil villain "ayn rand". +1 just for that.

Well. Tried watching 1st episode of Black Bullet. Interesting concept. No I'm not talking about the loli assassin working for ayn rand. Anyway, didn't really like how the first episode just throws you into things and explains it as it goes along, but that seems to be the popular formula for a first episode. Also, the OP reminds me of Death Note's second OP in terms of visuals, and the song sounds like some kind of blend between vocaloids and AoT style epic chanting. Lastly, why does it not surprise me that a couple of fighters who are "humanity's last hope" also happen to be in middle school and high school? Because anime.

Also, No Games No Life seems interesting. Found it from crunchyroll's recommendations from Black Bullet. Have yet to watch an episode due to time constraints but from what I can see the visuals look really distinctive. might be worth watching for the sake of eye candy.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17452 on: May 14, 2014, 11:17:23 pm »

Eye candy.
Which will be interesting of a sort.
It's been brought up before and generally shouted down- something something incest.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17453 on: May 14, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »

I gotta get around to finishing Code Geass. Now THAT was a good one.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17454 on: May 15, 2014, 12:14:00 am »

Eye candy.
It's been brought up before and generally shouted down- something something incest.

Huge amounts of fanservice as well. Like, why is there so much it is really creepy.

But on the other hand,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so it gets props for that.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #17455 on: May 15, 2014, 12:31:12 am »

Eye candy.
I only just now heard about it from crunchyroll's recommendations list. Still haven't watched any of it, gotta study for AP tests, mang.

Don't know how to respond to the incest bit. On the one hand, it could be bad. On the other hand, it could possibly be "not that bad". Depends on how emphasized it is, I guess. If it's one shot jokes for the sake of comedy then that's cool, I guess. If it's like that toothbrush scene Bay12 was talking about before, then...that'd be weird.

Still luv them graphics tho. It's like I can taste the colors with my ears.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17456 on: May 15, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »

I gotta get around to finishing Code Geass. Now THAT was a good one.

Way too angsty for me. Spewing angst everywhere, everywhen.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17457 on: May 15, 2014, 05:30:46 pm »

Man, *trying* to watch Mahouka. I'm looking past the wall of incest, looking past the ridiculous gary stu fawning fangirls, looking past the technobabble that takes up 5-10 minutes per episode, and the endless boring conversations in lieu of action.

Looking past all that, what actually pissed me off in the show is the writer's politics. Seriously, if Ayn Rand or Rush Limbaugh wrote an anime it might not be far off.
Spoiler:  for length / rant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:49:16 pm by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17458 on: May 15, 2014, 06:03:04 pm »

if Ayn Rand or Rush Limbaugh wrote an anime

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17459 on: May 15, 2014, 06:50:11 pm »

Possible explanation for the issues with Mahouka: apparently the writer retconned out a lot of plot points after the first Light Novel, and they're pretty much adapting the whole thing as-is.

In LN volume 1, the whole emphasis was on how racist the course 1 "blooms" were against the course 2 "weeds". This was heavy handed enough, and the entire emphasis was on how completely vocal and retarded the blooms were in their virulent hatred towards weeds. And the MC's point of view was planted square on the "weed" side, commenting on how it feels to be discriminated against.

But from LN volume 2 and onwards the author decided half the school being complete asshats to the other half didn't make for a good story, so he retconned out the "racism" as the 2nd-rate students being over-sensitive and imagining things, basically because they were racist against themselves to begin with. Unfortunately, this retconning comes across as heavy handed apologetics for racism, with the MC now opining on how the blooms aren't so bad and the weeds are foolish. The commonality with the writing in this series in every regard is "heavy handed".

After the end of this arc, I'm betting they drop the weed/bloom divide almost completely.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:57:29 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 2193