Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065444 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17400 on: May 11, 2014, 07:55:43 pm »

So everyone whats the most hot blooded anime opening you've seen? In my opinion it's Kanjite Knight from Shin Mazinger

Probably this, but it doesn't top yours.

I'd go with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V71DR1ESCe0
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: May 11, 2014, 08:08:46 pm »

Is it an absurdly sharp blade in attack of titan or are knives just extra cutty in the attack of titan universe?
They're meant to be insanely thin and sharp, that's why they carry around backup blades.  It's like a giant craft knife or something.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: May 11, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »

They also tend to break and become dull pretty quickly, so people carry around boxes full of them when on missions.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: May 11, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »

I'm finding AoT rather unfulfilling. The characters are good, the action is good, the atmosphere is good, and the philosophical undertones are good. It's just wrapped in such a doomy air of depression that it doesn't really engage my interest. I'm mostly watching to see how long it takes for Potato Girl to get eaten.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: May 11, 2014, 08:21:47 pm »

. . . Is Steins;Gate basically Haruhi with a mad scientist club, in terms of atmosphere?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: May 11, 2014, 08:24:46 pm »

They also tend to break and become dull pretty quickly, so people carry around boxes full of them when on missions.

Which freakishly enough actually makes sense.

Hmmm, I am starting to wonder if Attack on Titan has any anime conventions.

It's just wrapped in such a doomy air of depression that it doesn't really engage my interest.

Kind of reminds me of when I watched Umineko. I loved that anime but honestly everytime I watched it I would become utterly depressed because it is probably one of the most soul sucking animes in existence.

Which to its credit, I think is intentional.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: May 11, 2014, 08:31:48 pm »

The third Madoka movie is out on the Interwebs. Anyone watch it yet? I've seen one scene from it and I really need to get to it soon. Apparently
Spoiler: Spoiler from trailer (click to show/hide)

Way too excited >_<

The first two movies were great though, I can show the series to friends without apologizing for the agonizingly slow pacing of the first three episodes (at least, for people not into shoujo anime).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: May 11, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »

I liked AoT.
I just feel it's going to be trouble trying to keep behind the Manga without boring away half of its audience.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: May 11, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

What they could do is do a side filler arc and have the original manga writer storyboard it.

Or... End Attack on Titans and start it up again a year later.

Both options that allow them to keep pace without making it bad.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: May 11, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »

They're already going with option two. The anime ended last year. Nobody knows when they're gonna start it back up now.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: May 11, 2014, 10:34:23 pm »

Spoiler: AoT (click to show/hide)
. . . Is Steins;Gate basically Haruhi with a mad scientist club, in terms of atmosphere?
Not really, it launches into a plot fairly quickly and I think it's slightly darker.

Kind of reminds me of when I watched Umineko. I loved that anime but honestly everytime I watched it I would become utterly depressed because it is probably one of the most soul sucking animes in existence.

Which to its credit, I think is intentional.
It kindof is, although the anime adaptation sucking a lot of the life out of the characters doesn't really help.  A major theme in the series is the pursuit of hope and happiness in miserable circumstances.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: May 12, 2014, 12:05:46 am »

@AoT: Agreeing with Leafsnail here.  The theme is not 'everything is hopeless'.   
It is a far cry different from many manga/anime out there where the protagonist utterly wins or when they do lose, it is turned around to a resounding win later. 
Victory is paved by the sacrifices made, even then, the protagonists do not get all of what they want out of it, but at the least, they can still fight another day.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: May 12, 2014, 12:24:40 am »

I get the vibe that that was their intention, it is simply that the atmosphere is so over-the-top opressive that it robs every victory of any impact (at least so far, I've only seen up to the first episode with the Female Titan, and I rarely read the manga unless the series is something really special or feels like a bad adaptation. Not enough hours in the day.).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: May 12, 2014, 12:26:28 am »

I get the vibe that that was their intention, it is simply that the atmosphere is so over-the-top opressive that it robs every victory of any impact (at least so far, I've only seen up to the first episode with the Female Titan, and I rarely read the manga unless the series is something really special or feels like a bad adaptation. Not enough hours in the day.).
Oh man, you're gonna hate the next few episodes .______.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: May 12, 2014, 01:10:47 am »

The third Madoka movie is out on the Interwebs. Anyone watch it yet? I've seen one scene from it and I really need to get to it soon. Apparently
Spoiler: Spoiler from trailer (click to show/hide)

Way too excited >_<

The first two movies were great though, I can show the series to friends without apologizing for the agonizingly slow pacing of the first three episodes (at least, for people not into shoujo anime).
Did I miss something?  I thought it was out for like forever.

But yeah, I've renewed my Meguca trip recently, and watched Rebellion a week or two ago, and have been pretty hype about it.  I haven't watched the first two movies, though - they're just rehashes cutting out loads of stuff, right.  Normally I'd be like 'whatever, why not,' but they cut out the very first scene, where Meguca sees Hameru in that dream.  Especially when that's reprised later, it's one of my favorite parts, and one of the most important bits of the series is all the development that goes on, so when I think about cutting down the series to theatrical lengths and how that kinda SHAFTed (hur) the Eva Rebuilds a bit, I'm super skeptical.

It did mean I missed out on the Luminous references in Rebellion, though, which kinda blows.
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 2193