Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066839 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17220 on: April 22, 2014, 02:12:35 am »

Obviously it's a meta-plot and his real problem is that he's trapped as a shallow cardboard-cutout power fantasy in a shitty series. The real story starts when he realizes that he's in a work of fiction, abuses his Sue-powers to bullshit his way into the real world, and promptly beats his creator upside the head.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: April 22, 2014, 02:13:29 am »

Could you imagine that as a real plot?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: April 22, 2014, 02:49:37 am »

Could you imagine that as a real plot?

Its happened before oddly enough.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: April 22, 2014, 05:22:54 am »

Episode 1 of Excel Saga comes to mind.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #17224 on: April 22, 2014, 05:43:50 am »

My dream Anime/Manga plotline:

Shy Otaku/borderline Hikikomori signs a contract to have an English tutor come over.

Didn't realize that the contract was to have to tutor live with him for a year; tutor is stereotypical American ''otaku''/'weeaboo'/Asperger, 6 foot tall, doesn't know how to use the three seashells, only knows anime catchphrase Japanese, etc. who signed up for a 'paid vacation'

Japanese character is nearly fatally embarrassed by American's clueless behavior every episode. RE personal space, honorifics, business card handling, finger pointing, etc.

Real goal is to teach about the cultural differences, and faux pas in a humorous way.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: April 22, 2014, 07:20:14 am »

Shy Otaku/borderline Hikikomori signs a contract to have an English tutor come over.

Didn't realize that the contract was to have to tutor live with him for a year; tutor is stereotypical American ''otaku''/'weeaboo'/Asperger, 6 foot tall, doesn't know how to use the three seashells, only knows anime catchphrase Japanese, etc. who signed up for a 'paid vacation'

Japanese character is nearly fatally embarrassed by American's clueless behavior every episode. RE personal space, honorifics, business card handling, finger pointing, etc.

Real goal is to teach about the cultural differences, and faux pas in a humorous way.

as long its not a school...........

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: April 22, 2014, 07:34:50 am »

But it has to be a school... and the American has magical powers, a dark secret, and a crush on the protagonist's adopted sister (who has a crush on the protagonist).~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:03 am »

If you made the Japanese kid more normal, and threw in the American 'big kid' trying to be in an anime, it would actually make a pretty interesting slice-of-life comedy, and I usually hate those.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: April 22, 2014, 08:21:55 am »

But it has to be a school... and the American has magical powers, a dark secret, and a crush on the protagonist's adopted sister (who has a crush on the protagonist).~
Oh course, we can't live without the staple of the no-reciprocating love triangle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: April 22, 2014, 08:38:35 am »

Ok, I'm really liking Drifters.

The look on Oda Nobunaga's face when he discovers breech-loading firearms.
Priceless.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: April 22, 2014, 10:36:25 am »

I actually find this funny given anime's typical depiction of America. To make the character from America the special one with magical powers is practically a twist.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:43:19 am by Neonivek »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #17231 on: April 22, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »

'The American' (which would be the title) would have the same type of power as Batman.

He'll have a credit card, and he's not ashamed to use it. (borrowing money is frowned on iirc in Japanese culture)

They real question is, would he be handsome, ala Hetalia America, or something more like Daru from Stein's Gate.

I could imagine the protagonists sister getting into a confused relationship, etc.

Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:24 pm »

I see a problem with this hypothetical anime. The Japanese are really quick to latch on to a stereotype and roll with it. If the creator of this hypothetical anime had spent time in American and learned the difference between the stereotype and the actual thing, it would be much more enjoyable.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: April 22, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »

This might have already come up, but this thread has 379 pages at 50 posts per page so whatever.
I've been re watching serial experiments lain, and that show is so very, very wierd. So wierd that that is the name of the first episode. It's also the best portrayal of isolation in anything I've seen so far.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: April 22, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

The Japanese are really quick to latch on to a stereotype and roll with it.
haha
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 2193