Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067036 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17175 on: April 19, 2014, 08:52:28 pm »

I prefer everymen who get superpowers they never asked for and go completely off the deep end.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: April 19, 2014, 09:29:15 pm »

I prefer everymen who stay everymen. Not gaining superpowers or some shit.
I prefer everymen who get superpowers they never asked for and go completely off the deep end.
I'm for either one of these options.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: April 19, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

Agreed. Although for the former, 'History's strongest disciple Kenichi' is apparently great.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: April 19, 2014, 10:14:02 pm »

Agreed. Although for the former, 'History's strongest disciple Kenichi' is apparently great.

Kenichi isn't an everyman he is the other direction

Superman ------ Everyman ------- Loser

He is in the loser category... except... not really

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17179 on: April 20, 2014, 02:25:52 am »

Akagi, Kaiji and Legendary Gambler Tetsuya have a grand total of three girls in them. No pedo shit in those, because all the characters are men. >.>

On everymen becoming über powerful, I'm fine with it as long as they don't bitch about having amazing powers or act like they don't have them or try to shirk responsibility. One-punch man is a good example of regular guy earns great powers through sheer will and then destroys bad guys with them. Makes me happy to see a superhero who takes full freaking advantage of his abilities!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: April 20, 2014, 07:16:25 am »

Just started Kaiji.
Art style is taking some getting used to.
But goddamn do I love the storyline.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: April 20, 2014, 07:23:57 am »

Akagi, Kaiji and Legendary Gambler Tetsuya have a grand total of three girls in them. No pedo shit in those, because all the characters are men. >.>

On everymen becoming über powerful, I'm fine with it as long as they don't bitch about having amazing powers or act like they don't have them or try to shirk responsibility. One-punch man is a good example of regular guy earns great powers through sheer will and then destroys bad guys with them. Makes me happy to see a superhero who takes full freaking advantage of his abilities!

I am not sure I he is the best example as a big part of his character eventually becomes that he becomes incredibly bored with his powers and is hoping for some enemy that won't just die in one hit.

Unlike how a real person would act... where they would dread the very idea of their incredibly safe powers failing on them... and the idea of constantly killing people for the rest of their lives, miiight get to them.

He literally is an everyman who just becomes a superman as soon as he has powers.

It is kind of hard to have a character remain an everyman with powers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:32:23 am by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: April 20, 2014, 08:28:12 am »

Does flying count as a power? After all, it's simply the inability to hit the ground.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17183 on: April 20, 2014, 10:21:05 am »

I am not sure I he is the best example as a big part of his character eventually becomes that he becomes incredibly bored with his powers and is hoping for some enemy that won't just die in one hit.

Unlike how a real person would act... where they would dread the very idea of their incredibly safe powers failing on them... and the idea of constantly killing people for the rest of their lives, miiight get to them.

He literally is an everyman who just becomes a superman as soon as he has powers.

It is kind of hard to have a character remain an everyman with powers.
Okay.. But I said I LIKE everyman-supermen who take well to their powers rather than being a weenie about it. I hate everymen who are wusses even though they have awesome powers.

I don't want him to stay an Everyman!

And actually one punch man is extremely powerful but at the same time has a hard time feeding himself, and everyone treats him like crap because they think he's a fraud. He's also a boring person when you take away his idealist brand of willpower and hilarious backstory. A lot of his battles happen while he's buying green groceries or because the bad guys have trashed his favorite store. :p

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: April 20, 2014, 10:25:46 am »

I like the Lelouch model, where the character immediately decides to use their powers to fulfill all their personal and political goals.

Just started Kaiji.
I think the major strength of Kaiji is the tension.  It's genuinely unclear how each arc (and even the series as a whole) will end.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17185 on: April 20, 2014, 10:37:49 am »

Just started Kaiji.
I think the major strength of Kaiji is the tension.  It's genuinely unclear how each arc (and even the series as a whole) will end.
Yep. I love it.

Also I didn't mind the art style at all. New style is refreshing style.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: April 20, 2014, 12:02:52 pm »

I like the Lelouch model, where the character immediately decides to use their powers to fulfill all their personal and political goals.

Just started Kaiji.
Gotta say in the first arc:
Spoiler: The Boat of hope (click to show/hide)
What's the word for when a storyline is less twisted than you're assuming?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:33 pm »

Just started Kaiji.
Bad writing.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:07 pm »

Just started Kaiji.
Bad writing.

Okay, whoever told me that Kill la Kill's males get scimpy clothing as well is a liar. I am at episode 10 and all the 3 star uniforms have been fully covering so far.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: April 20, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

That's like reading "John Dies at the End" and complaining that John hasn't died yet.

Now I'm not saying it's not gonna happen until the end, but it's gonna take a while. Like, episode 14.
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 2193