Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067728 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17040 on: April 11, 2014, 07:37:18 pm »

I have to say, I didn't like the new Jojo opening at first, but it grew on me as I watched it multiple times. The song's not as fabulous as Bloody Stream and Sono Chi No Sandame, but it captures the spirit of part 3 quite well. And the visuals are just fantastic. BUT THEY'RE STILL TEASING US ABOUT THE ENDING THEME DARNIT. LET US HEEEAAAR THE SONG

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:39:07 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »

"The World God Only Knows" is ending.  :'(

One more chapter to go and for once, God cannot see the ending.

Actually correctly guessed a ship for once, though I have the sneaking suspicion she'll go NO.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:07:24 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17043 on: April 11, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »

Has anyone watched Kaiji? I just finished season 2 and I'm addicted. Moved on to Akagi and Ten is next on the list. There's actually a LOT of anime with gambling as the premise. Love it.
I've read every Fukumoto series in english, including those.
Kaiji is great. It's my favorite gambling series yet. It will take forever before part 5 is scanlated.
That's amazing! I can't wait to continue watching Akagi. You know.. We should make a Mahjong game, with the ability to cheat and whatnot. Or the dice game from Kaiji Part 2.
Any Fukumoto fan should become familiar with FKMTKrazy's blog. They scanlate almost all of the Fukumoto stuff (except Zero and Kurosawa because Hox got them first) and they're pretty great in general.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17044 on: April 11, 2014, 11:34:00 pm »

God I love that art style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: April 11, 2014, 11:42:05 pm »

Is the Japanese Primeminister evil or something?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17046 on: April 12, 2014, 12:24:07 am »

Is the Japanese Primeminister evil or something?
He's a different version. With more hair. And probably more evil.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17047 on: April 12, 2014, 01:51:19 am »

Is that another mahjong-themed manga?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17048 on: April 12, 2014, 01:59:20 am »

So I was in a very pissed off mood and to pass the time I saw a Marvel game anime (I am unsure EXACTLY what it is).

So some characters look waaay off like The Hulk who looks like Ryu from Street Fighter somehow became the Hulk. (Captain America looks off too, but honestly I don't mind his appearance.)

Then there are characters who look different but it somehow fits... Like Thor who in some ways is an improvement (I like the curl in his hair)

Then there are ones who look almost completely unaffected by their transition to anime like Wasp and especially Loki.

That is really it, it is just going to be some schlock anime. The only other thing of note was that Peter Parker was a scientist (gosh that is rare)

---

Also I watched the new season of Fairytale

And goodness is it a hilarious mix of "Lets explain everything for those who are watching" and "QUICK! lets advance the plot 1000 paces at once!"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:02:26 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17049 on: April 12, 2014, 02:02:13 am »

The only anime I know of that's actually themed around mahjong is Akagi. And Ten, but I think that's only a manga. But they're less about the game and more about psychology. And lots of cheating.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17050 on: April 12, 2014, 02:19:12 am »

Ok new show just aired. Knights of Sidonia, a manga adaptation. The first hard-sci-fi looking anime I've seen in a while. Possible anime of the year for me, very dark in tone. Looks like it uses a lot of CGI, but I kinda like the look of it, bleak, a lot like the short film "Pale Cocoon".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17051 on: April 12, 2014, 02:20:05 am »

The only anime I know of that's actually themed around mahjong is Akagi. And Ten, but I think that's only a manga. But they're less about the game and more about psychology. And lots of cheating.
You've never heard of the Legend of Koizumi? You're missing out on something...something. It's the only manga I know of that features tiles made from depleted uranium and an entire cosmology based around mahjong.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17052 on: April 12, 2014, 02:22:10 am »

Ok new show just aired. Knights of Sidonia, a manga adaptation. The first hard-sci-fi looking anime I've seen in a while. Possible anime of the year for me, very dark in tone. Looks like it uses a lot of CGI, but I kinda like the look of it, bleak, a lot like the short film "Pale Cocoon".

Have you seen Planetes?  Just wanted to let you know if you hadn't--it's the last hard sci-fi I saw.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17053 on: April 12, 2014, 02:27:51 am »

You've never heard of the Legend of Koizumi? You're missing out on something...something. It's the only manga I know of that features tiles made from depleted uranium and an entire cosmology based around mahjong.

What was that short comic series involving the president of Japan vs George Bush in an epic Mah'jong game?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17054 on: April 12, 2014, 02:30:09 am »

What was that short comic series involving the president of Japan vs George Bush in an epic Mah'jong game?
Pretty sure that was it. It was hardly short, the battle against George Bush was only one in a very long series. Culminating in a showdown on the moon.

Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 2193