Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067555 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16950 on: April 08, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »

Spoiler: Attack on Titan 56 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16951 on: April 08, 2014, 06:51:21 pm »

Now I need to continue with JoJo's.
You may or may not already be acquainted with this. I take no responsibility for when you already are, and even less for when you aren't.
Nope, that looks like S2.
Still busy with S1.

Gonna pick up a couple of the school/romcom ones too, but nothing stands out.
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou looks pretty good in this regard, you may want to try it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:55:55 pm by Mindmaker »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16952 on: April 08, 2014, 07:02:42 pm »

Now I need to continue with JoJo's.
You may or may not already be acquainted with this. I take no responsibility for when you already are, and even less for when you aren't.
Nope, that looks like S2.
Still busy with S1.
Still got you covered.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16953 on: April 08, 2014, 08:30:28 pm »

Elfen never made me laugh
Hellsing.
1. Elfen, maybe. I can't really remember it, it was a while ago. But I remember comedic relief happening somewhere in there. I seem to remember amnesiac whoeversheis doing amusing things.
2. Hellsing- absoluetly comedic relief, all through that thing.

Black Bullet.
That's a hell of a recommendation coming from Reelya.
Suddenly downloading.

Edit: Aww, the one I got has no subs. I don't speak Chibi.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:45:54 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16954 on: April 09, 2014, 01:28:41 am »

Tried Black Bullet as well. I can see some promise there, but I hope that some of the people who've read the LNs are being honest when they say that some of the sketchy stuff isn't what it looks like on the surface. The pre-opening scene reminded me of the old Godzilla movies, but that might have just been the music playing in the background. In a sense it almost felt as if it was spread too thin, but that's probably a product of the nature of introductory episodes.

Basically hoping it goes down the horror and angst road, because most of the likely options seem worse than that. That doctor/coroner/researcher was pretty great, though, the archetype was spot-on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16955 on: April 09, 2014, 06:59:01 am »

Watched episode 1 of "Mahouka" which is being hyped to the max.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei

Possibly the shittiest first episode of anything I've seen in a while:

- starts with a siscon/brocon thing between two siblings. This gets repeated at intervals throughout the episode, like 5 times in total, with other characters being embarassed by it. Way too much skinship between the brother and sister, they look more like lovers at those moments. This is "just in your imagination" according to series apologists on the myanimelist forums.

- MC only has one facial expression, not matter what happens, a monotone voice, no character traits except that he likes fondling his sisters face. Amazing characterization there.

- at the start of the episode a series of girls just randomly introduced themselves to the MC and became instant BFF's with him. Each of them fall straight into common tropes (council president, shy busty glasses girl, etc). How a shy girl just up and befriends an angry-looking random dude is beyond me.

- MC is meant to be a hated 2nd-class-citizen class of student. The A-class are officially called "Blooms" and the B-class are called "Weeds". what school would EVER do this? Any surprise that the "Blooms" feel superior to the "Weeds"? Weeds supposedly make up half the school, yet the School Council President singled him out to make friends with about 3 seconds after he first set foot on the school grounds.

So we have the hero, who's flaw is that he's a lower class of student. Yet all these girls gravitate to him anyway without knowing anything about him. And he's awesome at everything he does. How then did he manage to become a 2nd class student?

"They call me Stu. Gary Stu"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:12:37 am by Reelya »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #16956 on: April 09, 2014, 07:30:17 am »

Stuff

While that could be the sign of a really shitty show, keep in mind it might alternatively be the setup for a deconstruction or genre shift. "Here, have all of this tropey, stupid nonsense! NOW WATCH IT ALL BURN! HAHAHAHAHA!"

No idea if that's the case or not, though. Just throwing it out there.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16957 on: April 09, 2014, 07:34:43 am »

Stuff

While that could be the sign of a really shitty show, keep in mind it might alternatively be the setup for a deconstruction or genre shift. "Here, have all of this tropey, stupid nonsense! NOW WATCH IT ALL BURN! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Errr to the side of fail, let someone else who would suffer through thishave nothing better to do to watch it and report.  We will know later when someone starts talking about how awesome it is in this thread.  (I bet a crusty copper, no.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16958 on: April 09, 2014, 08:30:27 am »

Finished reading Sentinel Gundam. Was kinda interesting. Can't really say its amazing since it was a little bland, but I assume the translation had a hand in that. Had some nice insights to the life of people in the UC, and how their military works. Guninanrunin would probably like it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:06:47 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16959 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:21 pm »

Stuff

No its shit, it was the same in the manga, some chump with "little or no magical powers" yet is OP to everyone because he has a "Dark mysterious power that only him and his fake sister can understand".

no trope burning or parody just one bad story, think Infinite Stratos but the MC isn't a spaced ditz.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16960 on: April 09, 2014, 12:25:27 pm »

No its shit, it was the same in the manga, some chump with "little or no magical powers" yet is OP to everyone because he has a "Dark mysterious power that only him and his fake sister can understand".

Ahhh! What you have there is what I like to call the "Fake Flaw", not to be confused with the "Non-flaw" or "Informed Flaw" or "Easily Removed Flaw", where a character has a flaw but it is actually a strength.

Though I don't know why you are surprised... Finding a character in a anime with a flaw that is a flaw that isn't easily dispensed with is hard.

If you want a good example of a "Non-Flaw" that would be like Kenaichii's "No martial arts talent" in Mightiest Disciple.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:27:13 pm by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16961 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »

Interesting, but I don't really see how it's relevant.
The guy isn't shown to even have any flaws yet, by the telling of it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16962 on: April 09, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »

Are those supposed to be living jackets or something?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16963 on: April 09, 2014, 05:55:14 pm »

Watched episode 1 of "Mahouka" which is being hyped to the max.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei

The LN is pretty good and explains a lot of what goes through the characters heads. If that's what your getting from the anime then a lot of the important bits are cut out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16964 on: April 09, 2014, 05:56:06 pm »

Are those supposed to be living jackets or something?
Well, I know someone who hasn't seen Kill la Kill :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 2193