Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072778 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16635 on: March 20, 2014, 11:27:03 pm »

Did Ragyou hear Senketsu's voice at the end there?
Possible, or she just heard Ryuko vocally responding to Senketsu with "There's nothing to be afraid of, Senketsu." Easy to interpret that response to mean Senketsu said something about Ragyou's threat level. How to spin that into a vague yet threatening one-liner that can play mind games? Pretend that you heard what it said and agree with it by saying "Kamui are so honest." aka "Oh yeah, I'm so powerful that I heard that, and your talking clothes are totally telling the truth right now. You're boned."

Though really, Ragyou also seems so OP that it wouldn't surprise me if Trigger pulled that power out of nowhere next episode. "Oh yeah guys, I could hear your talking lingerie this whole time. THE WHOLE TIME. Also I can breathe fire and fart rainbows and you just activated my trap card." *plot twists continue to twist*

Spoiler: More KLK spoilers (click to show/hide)

Oh. Didn't occur to me they could have had just one thread still connected. To be fair, they looked really bisected during the bisection scene.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16636 on: March 20, 2014, 11:28:47 pm »

Nobody skip the ending them today! It's a bad idea.
It's FEF, not FEOF

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: March 20, 2014, 11:43:26 pm »

Once again, an amazing episode. Don't really have much to say beyond that. Two weeks ago was awesome, last week was awesomer still, and this week somehow still managed to top it. And it looks like next week will continue the trend.
It's finally hit critical mass. There is no point in within the show's duration at which I'm capable of not smiling. Good lord. At this rate, by the final episode, the smile will wrap clear around my head, decapitating me. No regrets.
This 100%. As soon as the show starts up I just start smiling like mad. This is honestly by far the most I have ever enjoyed any anime ever. Not even TTGL or Code Geass or One Piece even come close.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16638 on: March 20, 2014, 11:49:33 pm »

Does Build Fighters get better? I like the cameos and the concept and the battles but the characters are..

Newtypes? Really? gor damnt *fp*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: March 20, 2014, 11:50:55 pm »

....depends on what you're looking for. Where are you in the show right now exactly? I personally find the entire show amazing so I guess I have to say yep. But from your comments in the past your tastes clearly have some differences from mine (the UC is my favorite timeline for one thing) sooooo...

From that comment about the Newtypes I assume you're only in the first episode, don't worry if you feel put off by it for some reason, it was just a joke.

Also the cast is amazing and adorable wut is wrong with you >:|
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:02:19 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16640 on: March 21, 2014, 12:16:02 am »

Only on Episode 3. I dunno it just gave me a promotional feel. Like for IRL Gunplas. But I got over that quick.

Like I love it totally and completely, except for how Reiji seems to be some kind of magical person. I fucking loved the first episode up until that dude showed up and started magically being great at everything.

And I love Universal Century! IGLOO and Original Mobile Suit and 08th MS (BEST EVAR) because they were all just straight up traditional warfare (mostly) without psionics and gundams that could one-shot a million dudes at once! I honestly have no idea what you mean, it seems like you've totally misread me! :o And I didn't think anyone really paid attention to what I posted on here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:18:58 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: March 21, 2014, 12:18:31 am »

Huh, I figured you were a Winger, from that one game you made. Silly me. Just make it to episode 6. That's the point where things become full on amazing. (Have to warn you now, some of the psychic weirdness does occur later on, but it's mostly downplayed, and in one case is actually a parody of the way gundam tends to use it with a certain character archetype)

By the taste comments, I was referring to your distaste for Newtypes and traumatized idiot pilots and from there wound up assuming you disliked the timeline since e majority of it tends to obsess over those types of stuff :P sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:21:39 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16642 on: March 21, 2014, 12:22:31 am »

Huh, I figured you were a Winger, from that one game you made.
Which one?

And I can only enjoy Wing and 00 and stuff up until it gets to be all whiny and "oh poor me I'm the greatest pilot ever." I also hate/desperately want to understand how they can hear one another inside their cockpits from sometimes miles away.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: March 21, 2014, 12:23:51 am »

The mega crossover one that never got off the ground.

I do get what you mean by the military aspect, personally one of the main attractions of the UC for me was the development cycles and the way the Mobile Suits all evolve from one another. Love the way everything has so much historical weight behind it as a result. I don't really have anything against the psychic stuff though.

Also if you wind up not watching BF all the way through, make sure that you at least watch the fight with the GM Sniper K9. Trust me, you'll love it.

BTW since we're talkin Gundam what did you think of the big announcements last night?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:29:47 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16644 on: March 21, 2014, 12:31:45 am »

What were those? I don't follow anything I'm just a huge fan of the series.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16646 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:51 am »

More Unicorn is always good.
Origin of Char? Hm. Dunno how I feel about that. GUNTANK HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE GUNTANK. Redesign looks more practical and makes much more sense for an artillery piece, the profile is much lower and he looks a lot heavier, but I think he looked way cooler when his upper body was much taller.
Doesn't look like something I could enjoy, but holy crap POST-UC? That's heavy.
A Real Gundam? If its not going to be an actual functioning mobile suit I won't get excited. (that page wouldn't load so I'm just guessing but it sounds like a slow news day to me)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: March 21, 2014, 12:58:33 am »

The last one was part of the announcements, but it was very quick and weirdly worded so nobody's quite sure if they mean they want to build a working one, or another statue with extra working parts.

I gotta agree with you on the Guntanks redesign. It looks great but really bugs me how huge its arms look compared to the body now. I really hope the episodes after the Char flashback go into the parts of the manga that correspond to the show, would be nice to see the slimmed down and underped Gouf and Zaku redesigns, and Sayla's custom GM
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:02:15 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16648 on: March 21, 2014, 01:05:33 am »

I love Zakus so much. I wish they didn't feel so disposable sometimes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: March 21, 2014, 01:06:37 am »

This 100%. As soon as the show starts up I just start smiling like mad. This is honestly by far the most I have ever enjoyed any anime ever. Not even TTGL or Code Geass or One Piece even come close.
Yeah, this might be true. Attack on Titan is the only thing I can think of on the same level of feels, and they're drastically different in a lot of ways (most obviously the kind of feels). What they've got in common is the depth you can go to in analyzing what lies beneath what's already a superb surface, and keep finding lessons and messages and themes that are just... good. Damn good. KLK has an edge in pacing, humor, Mako, and sheer spectacle. AoT has a bit wider array of things you can sink your teeth into, and probably more compelling individual characters. I'd say that KLK is significantly more fun to watch, and AoT is slightly more fun to analyze, but damned if I know which I actually can rate higher, if they can be compared fairly at all. The gulf between the kinds of stories they tell is pretty wide.

I do need to say that KLK is like everything I loved about TTGL with better pacing, greater depth, and little to no sexism. I want to emphasize that I never expected to praise a show whose protagonist is dressed like this for averting sexism in an anime. The only exception to the one-upsmanship is TTGL's themes about moving on despite loss, which is not a problem since that was kind of a core theme of the show and KLK's base is a lot different. Hell, thanks to TTGL's Parallel Works 5, my only serious gripe with KLK is something TTGL isn't exempt from, either.

Okay, gushing complete, you can get back to your mechas >___________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 2193