Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060791 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16590 on: March 17, 2014, 09:12:56 am »

To save on image loading? Or did you mean the 0080 spoilers? I'll edit that line out.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16591 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:33 am »

Image loading happens even if images are in spoilers, FYI. It does make the page layout more convenient with large images, however, so there's that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16592 on: March 17, 2014, 11:23:22 am »

Spoiler: Build Fighters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:05:01 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16593 on: March 17, 2014, 11:49:11 am »

On the subject of Gundam Build fighters

Can YOU spot the easter egg on episode 23?

Holy cow nevermind... this is the most densely packed easter egg ridden episode yet.

Ohh the spoiler already delt with it.

I swear if the twist of the series is that this is actually some sort of Gundam hub world.... I won't be surprised.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:03:15 pm by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16594 on: March 17, 2014, 02:54:54 pm »

A fanciful HUB world where noone died?  It is pretty likely...  Just laying on the nostalgia in a thick paste.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #16595 on: March 17, 2014, 04:56:53 pm »

... I find it kind of interesting that I've watched subbed anime so much that now when I read manga, my brain unconsciously translates the words back into japanese in my head.
Not constantly- I barely speak japanese. But stuff like 'Get it together' or 'Listen Carefully', oh yeah.

I confess, I occasionally find myself unintentionally thinking "nani?" or "bakka" as the situation warrants. Only in my head, at least, the otaku has yet to spread to my verbal day-to-day speak.

After watching various subbed anime and listening to vocaloids, I wouldn't mind making the effort to learn Japanese sometime. If I had the free time. Eventually.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16596 on: March 17, 2014, 08:53:39 pm »

... I find it kind of interesting that I've watched subbed anime so much that now when I read manga, my brain unconsciously translates the words back into japanese in my head.
Not constantly- I barely speak japanese. But stuff like 'Get it together' or 'Listen Carefully', oh yeah.

I confess, I occasionally find myself unintentionally thinking "nani?" or "bakka" as the situation warrants. Only in my head, at least, the otaku has yet to spread to my verbal day-to-day speak.

After watching various subbed anime and listening to vocaloids, I wouldn't mind making the effort to learn Japanese sometime. If I had the free time. Eventually.

Save yourself the time and don't other. Learning Japanese with english as your first language will, as my girlfriend put it, make you cry tears of blood.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16597 on: March 17, 2014, 09:40:30 pm »

I disagree. Japanese is probably one of the easiest languages of all time to learn - at least in a basic capacity.

Their sentence structure is difficult to learn, but once you know it, the entire thing just becomes about cobbling words together.
They don't say: 'Man, I could seriously go for a iced coffee right now, y'wanna come along'?
They say (informal): 'ColdCoffee want. Us Go there.'

That being said there is a billion more romantic languages to learn.

On another note

After being messed up by Berserk, I seriously can't read Vinland saga without feeling this impending sense of dread.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:03:49 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16598 on: March 18, 2014, 12:09:44 am »

They're different sorts of low fantasy, Tack.  :P

That's not to say that parts of Vinland Saga aren't grim or dark, just that as far as I remember it never got to anything near the peak of the Eclipse. (Griffith is in a special league of assholery.) Actually, it's sort of funny. For people who only watched the anime, Berserk is just a straight plummet into the abyss, because they miss out on all of the friendship awesome that comes after the Eclipse. That merry band is quite the collection of individuals. xD

Say, I think I need to go reread it again...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16599 on: March 18, 2014, 12:37:59 am »

I thought Guts traveled alone with a pixie or something after the Eclipse and was never again happy.

Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #16600 on: March 18, 2014, 01:10:11 am »

Dang Tack, I'm only on Chapter 35.

Really like the historical accuracy. The ongoing fight between the different peoples with different beliefs, language, and customs is good drama. There were times I metaphorically shed a manly tear.
Spoiler: Actual spoilers. (click to show/hide)

Also the fighting is fairly believable, except for whenever there's a giant dude dual wielding dane axes. Srsly, giant vikings op.

It's one in the morning and I need sleep, and I'm still reading. Halp.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16601 on: March 18, 2014, 04:01:01 am »

Actually I just finished it. It's only got 102 chapters so far?
Then again I guess the story is nearly done...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16602 on: March 18, 2014, 09:41:32 am »

Actually I just finished it. It's only got 102 chapters so far?
Then again I guess the story is nearly done...
That depends on the author's current hiatus for the series and how many more idolmaster games come out this year >___>

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16603 on: March 18, 2014, 10:07:26 am »

Wait Gundam Build Fighters is only going to have 25 episodes?

That feels just odd to me... since the entire tournament arc feels more like a set up to me then as the "series".

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16604 on: March 18, 2014, 05:45:03 pm »

IDK, I can't see any dangling plot threads really. The entire show is about the tournament, that's all there is.

It seems pretty straight forward to me, 2 kids meet, get into Gunpla, enter the World Championship tournament, then it ends with the finals. And the Big Bad is close to becoming undone.

Since they look set to win the World Title and beat the Big Bad, what would a continuation be about? Maybe your issue was really that there wasn't much to the show. Perhaps you're expecting too much. After all, it's a blatant 25 minute weekly advertisement for the latest Gunpla model kits.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:50:23 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 2193