Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060845 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16560 on: March 16, 2014, 02:40:24 pm »

I believe that one has not been released yet.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16561 on: March 16, 2014, 03:40:22 pm »

Started watching a show as well last night, but I got suggested it by an imgur post and it is deadman wonderland instead. Doesn't seem too bad :P
I liked it up until it became about..

Spoiler: ACTUAL SPOILERS (click to show/hide)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16562 on: March 16, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »

Well considering that the first 10 seconds of Deadman Wonderland consists of a guy floating in front of a classroom and then exploding said classroom with super powers I would say that super powers are somewhat of a big thing in Deadman Wonderland.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:16:06 pm by Sindain »
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16563 on: March 16, 2014, 04:26:31 pm »

Well considering that the first 10 seconds of Deadman Wonderland consists of a guy floating in front of a classroom and then exploding said classroom with super powers I would say that super powers are somewhat of a big thing in Deadman Wonderland.
What? Is this not normal? It happens to me all the time i swear to god. Not just in class either, at a restaurant? Suddenly everybody explodes and there's blood all over my damn meal. At home with some friends? They explode and i have to clean my fucking TV screen. Don't even get me started on trying to take a bus.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16564 on: March 16, 2014, 05:29:08 pm »

What? Is this not normal? It happens to me all the time i swear to god. Not just in class either, at a restaurant? Suddenly everybody explodes and there's blood all over my damn meal. At home with some friends? They explode and i have to clean my fucking TV screen. Don't even get me started on trying to take a bus.
Ah, Tuesdays.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16565 on: March 16, 2014, 05:54:18 pm »

TV one is just scanners.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #16566 on: March 16, 2014, 05:59:08 pm »

Started watching a show as well last night, but I got suggested it by an imgur post and it is deadman wonderland instead. Doesn't seem too bad :P

It desperately needs a second season for things to actually matter. It's neat, but it gets kinda stupid and ends at a really shitty spot. Perhaps the shittiest. The manga's got a bunch more material it seems, but who knows if there will be another season.

If anyone's curious about it, the story revolves around this schoolkid whose class is suddenly visited by this floating guy dressed in red and wrapped in cloth and shit, and man, geez, that's really weird, and then all of a sudden the floating guy just kills everyone. Everyone except the kid, who is freaked the fuck out. Also, he's the prime suspect for mass-murdering his entire class, being so depraved as to scatter all the body parts and smear blood everywhere, even on the ceiling! He pleads that there was this red floating guy that killed everyone but him, but that's a really outlandish tale. Still, he might just be insane from the shock, so the final nail in the coffin comes from his attorney, a guy that just kinda showed up, guiltily revealing the video of the kid's testimony, saying he just couldn't, in good conscious, hide the truth. The video is of the kid being a sarcastic and self-righteous punk, admitting to killing all the kids and how they deserved it. A testimony that didn't happen at all like that, the kid cries, he never said any of that, the video was edited, but damn, that video editing would have to be a damned good fake and there's no reason for the attorney or anyone to edit it, so that doesn't make sense. The kid is sentenced to life in the privately-owned prison known as Deadman Wonderland: an amusement park for everyone to enjoy and watch inmates compete in life-threatening challenges! They even look like they actually get torn apart! Man, those are awesome special effects, they look so real! After all, it's crazy to think an establishment would actually be killing people for entertainment purposes!
Oh yeah, and when the kid arrives, guess who his attorney was? Just the happening dude who owns the joint.
Oh, and there's also a fucking insane albino chick that wears a bodysuit and overly-large gloves.

Think a Japanese Anime version of Super Jail, and you wouldn't be too far off of the mark.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16567 on: March 16, 2014, 06:06:14 pm »

You don't even find out what exactly happened in that classroom or why until about 10+ episodes in. I remember thinking it was a supernatural thing, like a ghost or something, rather than about people locked in a superjail beneath a superjail that have superpowers.

Ninja'd: I like that we both mentioned Superjail. :p
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:07:55 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16568 on: March 16, 2014, 07:32:32 pm »

Does anyone know the name of that background music with the strings and drums in KLK? The really, really awesome one that plays when the Naked Sun is revealed. I looked on youtube but I couldn't find it.
Give me a second ill dig into my OST disc.

edit: Nope not in there along with the new OP and ED, i do know there's a separate OST disc out there that was released with one of the japanese blu-ray volumes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:39:57 pm by Tellemurius »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #16569 on: March 16, 2014, 07:43:06 pm »

Finished Gurren Lagann today. Row row, fight tha powah. Break the unbreakable, scale the unscaleable. Dat scale yo. The Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann's size is quite possibly one of the most insanely big beyond-realistic-scale things I've seen in any work of fiction. Aside from Demonbane, I guess, which I only know of from Google. Demonbane sounds even more OP than Spiral Power, so I'll ignore that. At least TTGL runs on Spiral Power, from what I've seen Demonbane just runs on plot points and hand waves because it's meant to kill eldritch horrors.

Anyway, found a neat AMV of TTGL. Got bonus points from me for using Rise Against. Possible spoiler warning in the AMV.

I'm disappointed no one made an AMV of TTGL set to Lateralus by Tool. The song even incorporates spirals, and has a lot of themes involving transcendence and is pretty much one long "row row fight the powah ride the spiral powah make the impossible possible." Total fit as far as themes are concerned.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:46:45 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16570 on: March 16, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »

Now go watch the Parallel Works.

Esxcept perhaps PW5, which you'll have trouble finding anyway.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16571 on: March 16, 2014, 07:55:44 pm »

AND WATCH THE MOVIES. SERIOUSLY. AT LEAST TURN THEM ON AND SKIP TO THE THE HALFWAY POINT OR THE ENDINGS. TRUST ME.

EDIT: FIXED. DO NOT SKIP THE ENDINGS. THEY ARE THE IMPORTANT PART
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:16:21 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16572 on: March 16, 2014, 08:15:26 pm »

AND WATCH THE MOVIES. SERIOUSLY. AT LEAST TURN THEM ON AND SKIP THE THE HALFWAY POINT OR THE ENDINGS. TRUST ME.
That too.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16573 on: March 16, 2014, 09:31:26 pm »

Not really spoilers but a comment about how this show ended:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16574 on: March 16, 2014, 09:33:33 pm »

IMMA GO WATCH KAZE TACHINU THIS TUESDAY
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 2193