Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064840 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16200 on: February 10, 2014, 02:21:20 pm »

Ok I have to ask

Is Super Fly beer real or did they make it up for Gunpla?

Because that is one awesome name for a beer.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: February 10, 2014, 06:09:10 pm »

Speaking of SRW...
I didn't even watch half of it and I already ot anime poisoning from it. Wow.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: February 10, 2014, 07:27:14 pm »

So, downloaded the first three episodes each of:

Kill la kill
The devil is a part timer
Gatchaman crowds
Beyond the Boundary

Due to my bandwidth I probably won't be able to watch all of these, so now I'm going to have to actually sort them into order of liking-ness and recommendation, even though they're all completely different styles.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:49 pm »

Speaking of SRW...
I didn't even watch half of it and I already ot anime poisoning from it. Wow.
Concentrate of moe mixed with gratuitous panty shots and other assorted random fanservice. *sigh* It is rather depressing, and it probably got it from the respective sources given that it's more consistent within individual series rather than across the whole.  Ah, well, on the bright side, it killed what little interest I had in watching most of the shows in there.  I'm just not a fan of those particular genres. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:21:17 pm by Culise »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: February 10, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »

It's definitely a mixed bag in that game. I love the idea, but not necessarily the specific things they put in there. Nice to see Kyousogiga, Higurashi and Symphogear in there, not so sure about the rest of them. Definitely raising an eyebrow at the inclusion of Super Sonico. Couldn't they have put Miss Monochrome in there instead? She has way more charm.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16205 on: February 10, 2014, 10:43:24 pm »

This looks cool. PSv

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: February 11, 2014, 01:19:38 pm »

Beh. Where do you guys watch / download all your animu? I wanted to watch the new Chuu2 that LordSlowpoke mentioned, but find it I cannot. And since it doesn't air in 'Murrica I can't watch it on the Telly Vision.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: February 11, 2014, 01:33:51 pm »

I torrent all of mine (I use uTorrent for the client). For current releases I look up the fansubbing group(s) subbing it and download the episodes from their sites using torrents. For older anime I just search for a batch torrent on the Pirate Bay, if they don't have any (which is quite rare), then I do google searches of all the other torrent sites to try to find one. If none of those work, then there probably aren't any free copies out there.

There are also like a million sites to stream anime online (that you don't have to wait for a download to finish for), but I've never really liked those.

Crunchyroll is pretty easy as far as I know, but unless you want to pay some money you are pretty restricted in what you get. It is also completely legal, so in that regard it is better then the other options.

EDIT: If you are on windows you also need to install CCCP, which is a codex pack which allows you to play all teh animuz, as well as giving you some non-crappy media players. (Personally I use media player classic, but the other options work too).
No clue for macs.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:37:17 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: February 11, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »

Beh. Where do you guys watch / download all your animu? I wanted to watch the new Chuu2 that LordSlowpoke mentioned, but find it I cannot. And since it doesn't air in 'Murrica I can't watch it on the Telly Vision.

EDIT: for old shows, use bakbt, nyaa torrents or kickass torrents (kat).

For airing shows I torrent mine, but I have an RSS feed which automatically downloads the episodes when they are released. Screw manually checking for episodes, waste of time.

I set up an RSS feed here shanaproject.com which is basically an aggregator site for all the subtitle groups. You register at shanaproject, set up an RSS feed there, then register your RSS feed in your Torrent client. After that, you can "follow" shows at shanaproject, picking desired sub group, quality etc, and the episodes automatically download when they are released.

To check what sub group to choose, type part of name of the show into the search bar on the front page of shanaproject, then you can see which people are releasing each show, you might have a few to pick from.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:03:31 pm by Reelya »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: February 11, 2014, 07:00:25 pm »

Hulu is my usual source, but there are tons of ads unless you pay. They've got a surprising lot available, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: February 11, 2014, 08:21:57 pm »

Any of you guise following Speeco Dandeey?
Nobunagun?
Nisekoi?

Samumenco...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: February 11, 2014, 08:51:35 pm »

I dropped Nobunagun after the second episode. The artwork wasn't good enough for the kind of silly action series it could have been, and the story + supporting characters were lame. I'm watching the other ones though. Samumenco is a lot more silly and has great artwork.

Here's my view so far for the lacklustre Winter 2014 season:

Good:

Noragami
Silver Spoon season 2
Tonari no Seki-kun
Space Dandy (though some episodes suck and some episodes rock)
Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 (with it's weird brand of scatalogical humor)

Potential:

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (this seasons slice of life show)
Saki 2 (getting a bit repetitive after season 1)
Buddy Complex (mecha series, will appeal to Valvrave fans)
Wizard Barristers (like Law and Order but in a version of the modern world with magic)
Nisekoi (school rom/com love triangle, but done in SHAFT style, visually a lot like monogatari)
Nobunaga the Fool (very preposterous plot, loves throwing all possible historical and fictional figures in)
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta (aka "Love Song of a Certain Pilot" . adventure/action/romance in a world with propeller planes and magic, artwork is pretty good)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:16:22 pm by Reelya »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: February 11, 2014, 09:29:04 pm »

Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 is out? Nisekoi done by SHAFT? I need to get back on the anime train.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: February 11, 2014, 09:42:40 pm »

Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 is out? Nisekoi done by SHAFT? I need to get back on the anime train.

Make sure to catch the Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA's there are about 8 or 9 OVA episodes and they sit between the two seasons.

===

In breaking news from Japan ... a remake of the Legend of the Galactic Heroes was announced at the end of a stage play of the franchise.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:53:49 am by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: February 12, 2014, 10:38:15 am »

In breaking news from Japan ... a remake of the Legend of the Galactic Heroes was announced at the end of a stage play of the franchise.

holy shit

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 2193