Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065008 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16185 on: February 07, 2014, 10:51:23 am »

Bravely Default has finally released for the 3DS. I didn't hesitate to throw down the 40 bucks to buy it, but apparently I was in for a surprise: the game needs 26,500 blocks of memory space.

That's TWENTY-SIX THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED blocks. That's easily more than 95% of the entire SD card on my 3DS.

By the time I found out, I had already put the money down in my eshop account, too late to back out at that point. So, reluctantly, I deleted what was basically everything else on my 3DS in order to make room for it... even the Bravely Default demo had to go, when it was promising I'd get to port over my villagers and some other perks to the full version, but it just wasn't possible. :(

I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but I'm hoping it knocks my socks off over here.
I just bought a new SD card.  32 GB should be more than enough for everything I would want to purchase via e-Shop, and it isn't that expensive at a little over $20 USD. 

That said, with how Nintendo handles digital purchases, I much prefer to have a cartridge when the option is available.  I don't much like the "lose the system, lose all the games" system that Nintendo seems to use. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:53:19 am by Culise »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: February 07, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »

Regardless, Bravery Default has one of the best Intros i have seen for a 3DS game ever. Actually feels like a Console Intro. Still...... Isn't this the Anime thread???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

If it's animesque enough, it works, as far as I've witnessed. At the very least, VN's are fine.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: February 07, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

If it's animesque enough, it works, as far as I've witnessed. At the very least, VN's are fine.
A large amount of gratuitous special effects can make any static sprites look great!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: February 07, 2014, 05:40:04 pm »

Lessee, afterimages, zooms, SFX depending on the medium, and of course this wouldn't be the anime thread without egregious amounts of bishie sparkles...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: February 07, 2014, 06:38:59 pm »

Ah just a quick warning: there's a chat thing on HorribleSubs page. I don't recommend chatting there, unless you want to be called a faggot by a bunch of Naruto fans for liking the wrong type of shows.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: February 07, 2014, 06:53:00 pm »

um

you do not use that sort of irc for chatting

the sub group of which you speak of even has a guide to properly utilizing the function it's meant to be used for primarily

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:53 pm »

I'm not talking about IRC here, but the blog-style chat which uses the disqus interface on horriblesubs.info, which is why I said "the chat thing on HorribleSubs page" - it's literally right there on their homepage.

And it's not used by HS to communicate with users in the least, just random banter between users. The people who run the site delete the whole thing when the thread gets too long, so they are tacitly recognizing what it is for. I have that wep page open quite often to check current releases and keep find myself drawn into conversations against my better judgement. Seriously, the chat thread on that webpage makes 4chan look civilized. It's like 4chan with more bile and 100% less creativity.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:04:04 pm by Reelya »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16193 on: February 07, 2014, 08:51:05 pm »

Bravely Default could probably easily hold its own thread in Other Games anyway, though.

This show is so amazing. In a regular story it keeps building slowly till the climax, then it ends. In this it hit a climax at about episode 12, and the pacing just keeps going up and up and up.
Of all the things that Kill la kill has done right, pacing has had by far the largest effect.
Not spending dozens of episodes on training/rescue arcs already puts it in the top tier of shounen anime

Steeled

• Bay Watcher
  • 1. To cover, plate, edge, or point with steel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: February 07, 2014, 10:24:45 pm »

HorribleSubs isn't a sub group, they just rip the streams from Crunchyroll like most other "sub" sites.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: February 07, 2014, 10:50:12 pm »

I'm aware of that, never claimed otherwise, and it's explicitly state in their "About Us" section to boot.

But their name is "HorribleSubs" so can't discuss the site without mentioning that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:42 am »

*facepalm*

Mao you idiot

Spoiler: more seriously (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: February 10, 2014, 10:41:58 am »

So does DBZ Abridged count in this?
Because episode 39 is out and it was, as always, hilarious.

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: February 10, 2014, 10:52:31 am »

yes gundam build fighters

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Bandai plastic's actually held up pretty well in my experience. Its the Kotobukiya plamos like the SRW line that tend to suck.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: February 10, 2014, 12:28:10 pm »

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 2193