Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066543 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15990 on: January 12, 2014, 12:05:26 am »

FLCL was pretty good. And I liked End of Evangelion. Everything else was sorta meh to me.
If you liked FLCL you might like Cowboy Beebop. Different genres and styles, but they share one thing: excellent music.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: January 12, 2014, 12:18:24 am »

FLCL was pretty good. And I liked End of Evangelion. Everything else was sorta meh to me.
If you liked FLCL you might like Cowboy Beebop. Different genres and styles, but they share one thing: excellent music.
The opening, for example.
TADA-TADA-TADA- TA-DA!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: January 12, 2014, 12:48:29 am »

Eh, probably not. I'll see if I can find the movies and call the series done.

In semi-related news, watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. Sheesh, and here I thought Yoko had the most fanservice-y outfit ever :P

At least check out Parallel Works 8, it's actually an important part of the plot. You can find it pretty easily on Youtube.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15993 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:25 am »

@The thread title: I actually don't like anime, but I have seen/know surprisingly more about it that I intended to admit to. o.O
There's probably something out there you'd like.

Go see the movie Redline

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15994 on: January 12, 2014, 01:00:02 pm »

Go see the movie Redline
YES. YES. ALL THE YES.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: January 12, 2014, 01:42:32 pm »

Well, what was everything else? And what do you tend to like in non-anime media?

Go see the movie Redline
YES. YES. ALL THE YES.
I'll third this too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: January 12, 2014, 02:34:27 pm »

I finally managed to catch up with Jojo's Bizarred Adventure. Wow Jojolion is weird. Now all I have to do is get a copy of Rohan at the Louvre and I'll have read all the translated Jojo materials ever.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: January 12, 2014, 03:27:22 pm »

So there's this visual novel called, amazingly enough, don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story. It's generally pretty nice, and seeing as it's originally written in English, it's much easier to get engaged in the story.

Those were my coherent thoughts. What I really have to say is:
Arianna
why are you doing this
arianna stahp
don't jump my bones
*Avis slams his head repeatedly into the screen*
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: January 12, 2014, 03:34:14 pm »

So there's this visual novel called, amazingly enough, don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story. It's generally pretty nice, and seeing as it's originally written in English, it's much easier to get engaged in the story.

Arianna
why are you doing this
arianna stahp
don't jump my bones
I heard about that one. I know virtually nothing about it, but I did enjoy Analog and Hate+ by the same person.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: January 12, 2014, 03:47:21 pm »

Judging by the tvtropes page, I don't think I would like Analogue. But I'm really enjoying dtipbijays (Good God, I shouldn't have done that) as of now, and I can definitely recommend it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16000 on: January 12, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: January 12, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »

Arianna
why are you doing this
arianna stahp
don't jump my bones

I rather liked that VN actually.
The characters had interesting developments, and the MC is enough of a scumbag that he actually has a personality.

It holds true to the name; You can influence his actions, but you can't tell him what to do. Because, well, don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story. It's his story.

Go see the movie Redline
Redline is the best racing movie ever made. And I normally dislike racing movies.

Also to the person who mentioned God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand: What is this even man. It's sorta fantastic but also remarkably twisted and all sorts of fucked up. Enjoying it so far.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: January 12, 2014, 10:48:19 pm »

According to the preview, next week's episode of Space Dandy is going to be the fanservice episode. Given what I've seen of the show already, I can't even imagine what that means.

(Today's episode was enjoyable as well.)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: January 12, 2014, 11:08:14 pm »

If no-one's mentioned it I'd like to suggest Outbreak Company. The premise is a little ridiculous, but its good for a laugh if nothing else.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: January 12, 2014, 11:40:31 pm »

In news, Japanese subscribers vote on best anime of 2013. Can you guess what was #1?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:24:03 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 2193