Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066909 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15945 on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:50 pm »

Just finished watching Sword Art Online. Now I need to find english version of the light novels and read those, so I don't have to wait for any more of the anime to come out, if it ever does. SAO is rather interesting when you get to think about what is the difference between a person in VR and IRL, and if a darkened morality in VR leads to a change in the person IRL.

Be happy there is a confirmed third season!
Is the story of the 3rd season gonna be pants on head out of the ball park too?
Is the story of the 3rd season going to be actually good again unlike the 2nd one?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: January 09, 2014, 12:42:20 am »

Because the manga only has enough unused material to make 1/3 to 2/3s of a season?
When has this EVER stopped someone from making more seasons of a popular anime?
When has that ever been a good thing? Don't look this gift horse in the mouth, folks. :P

Just finished watching Sword Art Online. Now I need to find english version of the light novels and read those, so I don't have to wait for any more of the anime to come out, if it ever does. SAO is rather interesting when you get to think about what is the difference between a person in VR and IRL, and if a darkened morality in VR leads to a change in the person IRL.

Be happy there is a confirmed third season!
Is the story of the 3rd season gonna be pants on head out of the ball park too?
Is the story of the 3rd season going to be actually good again unlike the 2nd one?

Fixed something small there, hehe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:39 am »

From what I've heard the GGO arc is quite a bit better than ALO. Not that its that difficult to be, but what I've heard of the plot does seem pretty interesting.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: January 09, 2014, 12:48:27 am »

Hm. If I don't need anything beyond reading a plot summary of ALO to slip into GGO, I might give it a shot.

3. Run Resize Enable

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: January 09, 2014, 11:49:56 am »

Marathoned psycho pass with a friend a few days ago, was a very interesting show. It started out a bit disjointed but i liked how it developed and the conclusion.

I do like shows about dystopias, but theres only a few others i know of like ghost in the shell and texhnolyze. If anyone has other suggestions that'd be cool.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15950 on: January 09, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

Episode 13 what is this I don't evenIt's Kill la Kill
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15951 on: January 09, 2014, 06:48:20 pm »

HOLY CRAP...

...I just realized if it hadn't been for the hiatus they really would have took up the christmas ruining tradition.
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15952 on: January 09, 2014, 10:43:21 pm »

* LordSlowpoke bangs pans together

FIRST EPISODE OF CHUU2S2 IS OUT

for a bit of time now

why wasn't this discussed
Thanks for that!

IT scurries off to find it

EDIT: I can't find it.

None of the sites I visit has it yet. ;w;
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:53:38 pm by IronTomato »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #15953 on: January 10, 2014, 12:06:36 am »

A summary of Kill la Kill episode 13.

Also some unimportant side character that nobody cares about dies.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15954 on: January 10, 2014, 07:23:09 am »

This show is really good at making me speechless.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15955 on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:33 am »

I was under the impression that the ALO arc was still the first season, making the second season contain the GGO arc. And the whole sister love thing did annoy me, as welll as the helpless female that protagonist must save for the ALO arc. In fact all the females that just threw their love and adoration upon him in both arcs pretty much annoyed me.

Specifics on the females in spoilers  :P

In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15956 on: January 10, 2014, 10:52:41 am »

I was under the impression that the ALO arc was still the first season, making the second season contain the GGO arc. And the whole sister love thing did annoy me, as welll as the helpless female that protagonist must save for the ALO arc. In fact all the females that just threw their love and adoration upon him in both arcs pretty much annoyed me.

Yea... that is the problem with most of the anime that I've watched/tried out lately... too much haremesque love for the main male character.  My tolerance for this sort of bullshit has been getting lower.

... I'm lost with all these acronyms for sword art online.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15957 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:35 am »

Yea... that is the problem with most of the anime that I've watched/tried out lately... too much haremesque love for the main male character.  My tolerance for this sort of bullshit has been getting lower.

... I'm lost with all these acronyms for sword art online.

The worst part of it is that, if SAO had just stuck to the premise and dropped some of the harem-y bits (particularly the creepy ones with she's-not-really-my-sister-I-swear and Silica), it would have been pretty damned good. The situation it reached near the end with Asuna, Kirito, and Yui managed to be both emotionally touching and an interesting examination of a number of different things, including: Bonding in life-threatening situations, the effects of forcing teenagers into situations where they must act as adults, both martially and romantically, human-AI interactions, the question of whether artificial beings can have a "soul", etc. And that's leaving aside all of the juicy stuff you can dig from the rest of the setting. It could have been sort of like The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor with a conflict more interesting than "I need to make lots of money" and more interesting philosophical/ethical issues.

But noooo, there just had to be the really creepy romances and the stereotypical helpless-princess plot and the shift from no-magic-all-melee fantasy/near-future SF juxtaposition fight-for-your-life to no-risks-Fly-at-will-magic-bullshit masculine power fantasy. For once I'm in favor of death of the author, in a remarkably proactive sense. Biggest letdown I've had from anything in a long, long time. I absolutely hate seeing a good premise wasted because the author/animation team couldn't refrain from doing stupid things with it. ::)

3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15958 on: January 10, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »

Season 2 of Mushishi to air later this year (half in april quarter, the rest from october). BTW a special episode also came out around Christmas. Good news. And we only had to wait 8 years for it!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:12:35 pm by Reelya »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #15959 on: January 10, 2014, 04:10:22 pm »

:o

Interesting. And surprising?
Then again, I haven't been really following any sort of news from anime/manga world for a few years now.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 ... 2193