Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067098 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15915 on: January 05, 2014, 12:00:30 am »

Well, Space Dandy was... dandy.

Strangely enough, it reminds me too much of how some of my dreams tend to get. I'm curious how this show turns out in the long run.

EDIT:
Well, the general zaniness of it, where the dreams are concerned.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:27:35 am by Itnetlolor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15916 on: January 05, 2014, 12:10:34 am »

Well, Space Dandy was... dandy.

Strangely enough, it reminds me too much of how some of my dreams tend to get. I'm curious how this show turns out in the long run.
Yeah the premiere comes on in two hours and I can't wait. Looks dope.

I've been reading Ito horror manga all day. That stuff is off the wall. Every single one is unique and super original! It's so nontraditional I honestly can't get enough of it.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #15917 on: January 05, 2014, 01:04:12 pm »

First thing I read from Ito was "The Enigma of Amigara Fault".

This things takes cake on so many levels.

I read Gyo much later, good stuff again. Didn't read anything else from him, yet. One day.

But to all horror manga lovers I'd recommend Kazuo Umezu.
Well, honestly, I only read "Left Hand of God, Right Hand of the Devil", but if any other works of him are just half that awesome as this...

...because man, that manga is just insane.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15918 on: January 05, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »

Amigara Fault was a very rich nutrient source for my budding claustrophobia, let me tell you. As for his other manga, Hellstar Remina is terrifying on quite a few levels.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: January 05, 2014, 08:13:51 pm »

As inherently good as Junji Ito's work is, I may have to never read it again. I already have enough things routinely disturbing my sleeping ability, and I don't need to throw truly horrifying shit ontop of it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: January 05, 2014, 10:59:48 pm »

Well the first episode of Nobunaga the Fool has caught my attention, and I will be keeping an eye on it in the future. Love the setting.

EDIT: And now I have checked out Nobunagun and it looks like I'll be keeping an eye on it as well. It seemed kinda generic at first but the last minute or so made it look like it has the potential to be pretty crazy awesome.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:17:24 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15921 on: January 06, 2014, 06:21:35 am »

New anime season but so few actually catches my attention. Guess I'll go with the usual 3 episode rule. Still enjoying some shows from last season though (Such as the shameless Gunpla anime & Log Horizon).

Oh, and it's official now:
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/

Episodic huh? Well, at least the Visual Novels will show more each of the large cast's (probably tear soaked) history. But seriously...just what could have traumatized TK?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: January 06, 2014, 06:55:35 am »

When he went to the USA he realized it wasn't like he thought it was. :(

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15923 on: January 06, 2014, 04:03:48 pm »

So, Nozoki Ana is over. It's been over for a while, but I guess I was too affected to remember that there was a "Final Chapter" written at the beginning of the last chapter when I was done with it.

I'm pretty sure I found out about Nozoki Ana here, but maybe I didn't since a search in the thread turned up nothing. *shrug* For those of you who don't know, it's a manga that's ecchi. Really ecchi. In fact, its plot revolves around ecchi. In a way, though, the ecchi isn't even really that important. What's important is the characters' feelings and their actions and reactions and the consequences. It's an emotional rollercoaster, basically, and along the way it plunges straight into srsbsns feelz territory.

But that ending.

Also upset because R+V Capu II, the version of Maou Maoyuu Yuusha I care about and Vinland Saga haven't updated recently.
Nevermind, I may just be looking in the wrong places.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:07:21 pm by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: January 06, 2014, 04:36:31 pm »

Just finished watching Sword Art Online. Now I need to find english version of the light novels and read those, so I don't have to wait for any more of the anime to come out, if it ever does. SAO is rather interesting when you get to think about what is the difference between a person in VR and IRL, and if a darkened morality in VR leads to a change in the person IRL.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15925 on: January 06, 2014, 06:11:46 pm »

Just finished watching Sword Art Online. Now I need to find english version of the light novels and read those, so I don't have to wait for any more of the anime to come out, if it ever does. SAO is rather interesting when you get to think about what is the difference between a person in VR and IRL, and if a darkened morality in VR leads to a change in the person IRL.

Be happy there is a confirmed third season!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: January 06, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »

The secret of Gunpla that I can see is that every character is meant to represent a different time period of the Gundam Series (from what I can see at least)

We have our own Char who uses Gundams that is a bit more realistic. We have that Samurai Gundam who harkens to the days of G-Gundam (And his Pilot reminds me of Jaden Smith). and a near alien like mech similar to the Turn-A-Gundam robots.

I do think the anime is sort of clearly a boy's club (What a coincidence that women get their own separate "doesn't really count" tournament and are all basically incompetent as a way to get female viewership for the anime) but I don't let it bother me. They haven't even established a worthwhile female character yet.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: January 06, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »

Edit: nevermind. Not gonna bother. just gonna mention you have your references mixed up :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:03:57 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: January 06, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

I have come across an anime called Folktales From Japan.
Every episode has three different stories to tell, some with morals and others are simply folktales.
Yes it is implied that it's a kids show, but still.. Rather interesting to watch.
Altough you people who are looking for serious anime, will find this a bit too silly. Most of the time.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:23 am »

So Space Dandy is a thing that happened. The first episode's ending, I don't even. The only way this would be better is if they had Zap Brannigan doing his voice.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 2193