Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067412 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15870 on: December 28, 2013, 03:48:09 pm »

they're making a live action nge, god help us all
THEY'VE GOT BIRD LEGS.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE EVAS WAS HOW HUMANOID THEY WERE.

THIS IS UTTERLY HORRIBLE.

At least they got Rei's slumlord apartment right. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15871 on: December 28, 2013, 03:56:09 pm »

they're making a live action nge, god help us all
THEY'VE GOT BIRD LEGS.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE EVAS WAS HOW HUMANOID THEY WERE.

THIS IS UTTERLY HORRIBLE.

At least they got Rei's slumlord apartment right. :V

Mother Reigle?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: December 28, 2013, 04:12:05 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15873 on: December 28, 2013, 07:33:18 pm »

Tonight's Toonami Movie:
Trigun: Badlands Rumble

I look forward to tonight.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: December 28, 2013, 10:25:32 pm »

Finally catching up with Golden Time and been enjoying myself. I noted to never drink the tea XD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15875 on: December 28, 2013, 11:54:41 pm »

Finally catching up with Golden Time and been enjoying myself. I noted to never drink the tea XD

At least the high school setting is slightly more believable than a middle school setting with a cast that looks like they're all 20-something.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:03 am »

At least the high school setting is slightly more believable than a middle school setting with a cast that looks like they're all 20-something.  :P
Im pretty sure Mami-san was held back for a couple of years.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: December 29, 2013, 12:47:48 am »

I'm going to gush some more about Penguindrum. You've been warned. Since I'm already going to be using a spoiler for this, as it pertains mostly to feels, I'll be putting actual spoilers behind transparent text, so highlight at your own risk. I just feel like I need to put this somewhere, and nobody I know in meatspace has seen this thing. Mind you, I assume episode 2 is too early to be spoilers, otherwise the whole thing would have to be transparent. Kind of stream-of-consciousness. I don't want to edit it too much, because if I do linger I'll probably get too afraid to hit post.

Also, I think I conflated postmodernism with surrealism in an earlier post. My bad.

Also, Vector, let me know when you hit episode 14. There is a pun. It's a huge spoiler, but upon getting the joke, my shit became so thoroughly lost that I know exactly how fast it's going. I want to make sure I'm not making a big deal out of nothing, for instance if it's entirely a coincidence (I doubt it in this show, but maybe).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:58:45 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:54 am »

Also, Vector, let me know when you hit episode 14. There is a pun. It's a huge spoiler, but upon getting the joke, my shit became so thoroughly lost that I know exactly how fast it's going. I want to make sure I'm not making a big deal out of nothing, for instance if it's entirely a coincidence (I doubt it in this show, but maybe).

OK!  I only just finished Ep. 4 >_>  But when I know, I'll tell you for sure :I :I :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15879 on: December 29, 2013, 01:51:29 am »

Yeah, I've been binge-watching something fierce >___________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: December 30, 2013, 10:31:57 am »

I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Kill La Kill around here pretty often, but holy shit guys none of you said it was the next Gurren Lagann. I've only watched the first episode, but that's where it seems to be going.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15881 on: December 30, 2013, 11:41:06 am »

No Build Fighters this week.

Whyyy ;_;
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: December 30, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure people have been talking about Kill La Kill around here pretty often, but holy shit guys none of you said it was the next Gurren Lagann. I've only watched the first episode, but that's where it seems to be going.
I wouldn't say its the next Gurren Lagann as its more similar to say FLCL or Panty and Stocking. Batshit insane with imagery thrown all around!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: December 30, 2013, 01:25:21 pm »

I wouldn't say its the next Gurren Lagann as its more similar to say FLCL or Panty and Stocking. Batshit insane with imagery thrown all around!

I meant the general tone, but more so the artstyle. This art is 100% TTGL. You could legit convince me they happen in the same universe with how oddly similar this character art is.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: December 30, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »

I've gotten this impression as well. A lot of the themes are different, largely because they decided to make Kamina the main character this time around.
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 2193