Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072675 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15480 on: October 25, 2013, 10:38:06 am »

Sayonara Zetsubou sensei ending.
Oh god the shivers.
God. God. God.
(Read the Nightmare Fuel Entry on tvtropes for a clearer explanation)
Oh shudder. Shudder. Shudder.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: October 25, 2013, 10:47:08 am »

Ahhh yes the anime where the teacher and his one female student are diametric opposites.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is some aspect of inauthenticity in it. In that the teacher somehow doesn't feel serious.

What I like about what little I seen is that no matter what happens he makes things worse or shifts the problem but gets praised for "fixing it"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:50:28 am by Neonivek »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15482 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

If you don't like it, just...go and read the ending on tvtropes in the nightmare fuel entry.
The author...he's practically one of the most awesome foreshadowing bastards the world could possibly create.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: October 26, 2013, 06:41:54 am »

So yeah, public WiFi is a load of bull. What else is new.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: October 26, 2013, 10:14:44 am »

If you don't like it, just...go and read the ending on tvtropes in the nightmare fuel entry.
The author...he's practically one of the most awesome foreshadowing bastards the world could possibly create.

Me? Did I say I don't like it?

Wait... didn't I say I DID like it?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15485 on: October 26, 2013, 10:18:59 am »

Sorry, the first line sounded more of a 'Ah...yeah, 'THAT' thing'. Problem with the internet is you don't get to actually 'feel' the tone of voice.
Since you didn't comment on the ending though (of the manga that is) you haven't read it up to there or you dropped it before?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:54 am »

I watched the anime and it was enjoyable but I was on a big episodic gag anime binge at the time... so I dropped it.

I guess episodic isn't the right term. The show had continuity but that continuity wasn't important.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: October 27, 2013, 01:57:11 am »

I'm simply in love with the new Ace Attorney game, it's positively overflowing with charm and refreshing design changes.

I was musing to myself earlier how it seems the AA games are in eternal pursuit for the perfect female sidekick. First it was Maya, then Pearl, then Trucy, then jump over to the Edgeworth games where we have Kay, and now finally we have Athena. While I've only just started, only a little ways into the second chapter, I just love her to death already.

Plus there's free DLC where you can dress her up in a school girl uniform, and make Apollo wear a bombin' awesome jacket. What's not to love?

I can't wait to finally meet the new prosecutor, Simon Blackquill.

Let me divulge one super corny joke though, ripped verbatim from a piece of evidence about a wrestling match:

"Tune in to see 'Howling Wolf' vs 'Pretty Boy Vampire' tonight, narrated by Timothy Twilight."

The subtlety is palpable...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: October 27, 2013, 05:23:11 am »

I'm simply in love with the new Ace Attorney game, it's positively overflowing with charm and refreshing design changes.

D:

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:02 am »

I was musing to myself earlier how it seems the AA games are in eternal pursuit for the perfect female sidekick. First it was Maya, then Pearl, then Trucy, then jump over to the Edgeworth games where we have Kay, and now finally we have Athena. While I've only just started, only a little ways into the second chapter, I just love her to death already.
I'm kindof surprised how long it took them to work out "maybe the sidekick should also be a lawyer".

Blackquill seems like the logical end result of the "increasingly anime prosecutors" trend.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: October 27, 2013, 01:14:09 pm »

I'm kindof surprised how long it took them to work out "maybe the sidekick should also be a lawyer".

Blackquill seems like the logical end result of the "increasingly anime prosecutors" trend.
Almost.  His hair isn't quite big enough, yet, though it's getting there with that ronin ponytail.  I managed to plow through the entire game in little under 16 hours of more or less continuous play, and absolutely loved it.  A little easier than the previous ones, but that's mostly because there were fewer screwy-logic puzzles to get caught on.  Case 5, though, was probably the first time I've ever been as completely blindsided as Phoenix by the identity of the villain.  My face literally looked like a shock reaction from in the series when it finally clicked a moment before we had to identify them to the court. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:15:43 pm by Culise »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: October 28, 2013, 03:00:35 pm »

Not much to say on today's Gundam Buildfighters episode, other than a mild wondering if the Seed ms being curbstomped is gonna be a running gag or something. This has been like the third time.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: October 28, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »

Dum DUM DUM!!!!
Back with some Manga...

1: Iris Zero - http://mangafox.me/manga/iris_zero/

Site Blurb.
In a world where every boy and girl has a special power called Iris, Toru who, as a result of not having any kind of special power, was bullied from a young age, lives by his motto: “low exposure” – to live without standing out. But his peaceful school life changes when he receives a certain "Confession" from the schools most popular girl, Koyuki. His motto begins to shake!!
The school fantasy story that shakes the heart begins with their meeting.

Personal Blurb.
There is more to this then first glance. Imagine a world where every child under the age of 20 or so was born with a gift, being rare as heck for someone older to have it, it became something inclusive to children. The Gift being attached to your sight, and how you see the world became very different to others. These gifts can be all manner of things. From finding out the truth at a glance or knowing exactly who is the right person for the job via signals your eyes see... In a world where everyone has a gift, naturally sometimes, there are those that are born without them...
Iris Zeros...
Bullied and tormented by their peers, they generally try and keep to themselves, naturally. But then again, when you see nothing special, all things become more clear when there is no filter...

This is a great read, the art is great and the story flows well. Apparently the authors were going to just do oneshot chapters but it go popular. It disappeared for a while, but it looks like its back...

2: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (or The Legend of the Legendary Heroes) - http://mangafox.me/manga/densetsu_no_yuusha_no_densetsu/

Site Blurb.
A mythical story with swords and magic centering around one lethargic Roland Empire student named Ryner Lute. After getting dragged into a war and losing many of his friends, Ryner is asked by the soon-to-be enthroned king, Zion Astal, to help rebuild Roland postwar by searching for legendary relics. Accompanying him is a beautiful, capable, yet arrogant swordswoman named Ferris Eris, who is always quick to insult and abuse Ryner. Meanwhile, a new turmoil begins to approach Roland.

Personal Blurb.
In this world, magic is special, unique to each of the counties that form this world they all have a special kind, naturally, its elemental attached. Roland is Lighting, another fire and so forth. This makes an interesting idea where magic is the difference of skin colour to this world. Due to how the Magic System works, its forbidden to share any methods of using it around with other countries, if not down right impossible. Except for one. Ryner. A curse you would call it, the ability to read and copy another countries magic. Dangerous. Forbidden more so then anything else. So. Yeah. Not good...
Now what happens if your friend becomes king? Well, he pulls you out of that Cell you were sent to after you were forced to reveal and become op in a war to save your friends and such. Yeah, so over the time you spent researching on how to make a happy kingdom, where all can smile, and have naps... CAUSE NAPS ARE FUCKING IMPORTANT...

Sent out by your king/friend. Along with a woman who is a swordmaster and seems to hate your gut cause you so called friend told nasty rumors that no one will believe is a lie and such. Out searching the world for those Legendary Artifacts that will help your friend build that happy Kingdom...

YEP NOTHING CAN GO WRONG... Shit...

Anyway, Another great read. Art once again top shelf. Lot of comedy and stuff and the ideas behind the separation of all these kingdoms and countries is quite interesting...

3:  Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka (Mouthful? Check the English translation -  Is it wrong that I want to meet you in a dungeon / Can't I Expect A Chance Encounter In The Dungeon? ) - http://mangafox.me/manga/dungeon_ni_deai_o_motomeru_no_wa_machigatte_iru_darou_ka/

Site Blurb.
The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honor, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little "god".

"Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It's time for the "Familiar" initiation rite to happen!"
"Yes! I'm going to get stronger!"

The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn't even have a single follower.

This boy's journey as written by the goddess, "Family's Legend" (Familiar's Myth)

Personal Blurb.
Great Read, its generally one of those Manga where its a Game brought to life in form of novel. If there is a Game that its about, I need to find it...
Right so...

In this story your faced with the general RPG Mechanics, well sorta. This world is real, and the gods from all walks of cultures are present and walk among the mortals for fun, when they do they form "Churches" of sort. Drawing followers whom which they bestow a great power up in a form of a tattoo/script written in their text, when translated it comes out as RPG stats, no joke. Anyway, this story follows a young man who's goal is to prove himself in this Labyrinth. How? By going it alone. Little does he know, his goddess, bestow him with a very unique skill, something that just makes him totally OP...

Its still young but worth a read. Art is great and the story flows well...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: October 30, 2013, 11:51:45 am »

Bambino has the best faces.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: October 30, 2013, 11:52:33 am »

Goodness, without context it is like he is having a face making contest with himself.
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 2193