Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072806 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15465 on: October 24, 2013, 12:50:09 pm »

Must watches:
Code Geass
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Fate/Zero
Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin (unless its not... didn't get past like the 10th episode because I'm lazy)
Steins;Gate

The problem with recommending Fate/Zero is that is spoils the hell out of Fate/stay Night, so if you want to continue the story, or experience the series as it was meant to be experienced, then you need to start by playing (not watching!) Fate/stay Night and then watching Fate/Zero

Also, I feel like I'm missing something from my Must Watch list... something big, but idk... didn't see Guilty Crown, and I'd say that SAO is not a must-watch because of how not-good it was... (>.>)
Actually at the last second I just remembered Steins;Gate. That might have been it, but not sure.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: October 24, 2013, 01:02:50 pm »

I actually just powered through AoT so I could finally cancel my Hulu account before the free one-week trial expired. Gotta say I loved the Titans, but I hated Hulu.

So, in my one week of irritation that Hulu put me through, I actually finished four anime series' on it's service.

Watamote
Danganroppa
The Devil is a Part-Timer
and Attack on Titan.

That third one is a real fucking trip, but don't even bother looking into it, it's probably the least ambitious show I've seen in recent memory. That said, I went from the least ambitious to the MOST ambitious show back-to-back.

This is by far the most anime I've ingested in a long time, and most of it was pretty damn good.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15467 on: October 24, 2013, 01:09:02 pm »

You could have Rolled with the Crunchy instead of Hulu.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: October 24, 2013, 01:17:00 pm »

You could have Rolled with the Crunchy instead of Hulu.

I submitted myself to the abuse of Hulu specifically because it's available to be watched on the 3DS now. You see, I actually do the majority of my anime watching nowadays when I'm away from home, on the 3DS.

Netflix is also available, but they have something of a sparse (yet growing!) selection. That said, the Crunch is just not good enough for my needs.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: October 24, 2013, 01:28:51 pm »

Started watching Shingeki no Kyojin.

Holy Christ. O_O

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: October 24, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »

Before getting started on Ace Attorney, I got around to watching the short 40 minute ova Black Magic M-66. Holy shit do I just love badass little things like this, it's a real palate cleanser after AoT.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: October 24, 2013, 02:45:50 pm »

Just plain Hulu on a computer is great for watching stuff so long as you don't mind ads, since they probably have the best and most stable video player on the web and it plays at good quality. I've never tried out Hulu Plus, but it doesn't seem to be necessary to watch any anime over a regular computer, but seems to be the only option available for mobile devices and game consoles.

So Hulu seems to be a good option for desktops and laptops, may not be great for anything else that can only get Plus (especially if, as Joshua has said, there are still ads). Also, on the few occasions where Hulu was missing a few episodes of Dragonball (as in there were weird jumps between episode numbers available) I've been able to find them on Funimation's website, which seems to use Hulu's video player and has, I think, the same sort selection of Funimation shows available (which leads me to assume there was some sort of two-way leasing agreement involved). I think the website itself might have been a bit slower (but not the videos themselves), but I think there were less ads shown, and it doesn't automatically play the next video in the series at the end of each video unless you uncheck a box that you can seemingly only access by having an account like Hulu does. Probably the only reason I like Hulu better is that I watch a bunch of non-anime shows too, and I already have an account so that I can subscribe to them and it sort of keeps track of what episode I was on while I'm logged in, which is good for long anime series.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: October 24, 2013, 03:31:26 pm »

The problem with recommending Fate/Zero is that is spoils the hell out of Fate/stay Night, so if you want to continue the story, or experience the series as it was meant to be experienced, then you need to start by playing (not watching!) Fate/stay Night and then watching Fate/Zero
Counterpoint: FSN is longer than War and Peace and not really good enough to justify that.  Starting with FZ makes sense if you don't have like 200 hours going spare.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: October 24, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:05 pm »

Newest episode of Kill la Kill just broke me and i'll you a hint

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This show is soooo gold, if anyone wants a peek to madness heres a guest pass on crunchyroll: WXYDVEWKHSW

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: October 25, 2013, 03:01:56 am »

This was also my favourite part. I normally despise high-school settings, but I'll make an exception when

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: October 25, 2013, 03:09:25 am »

This show is soooo gold, if anyone wants a peek to madness heres a guest pass on crunchyroll: WXYDVEWKHSW
HOW DOWS THAT SCHOOL EVEN HAVE ANY STUDENTS LEFT ALIVE
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 2193