Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074863 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15330 on: October 07, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »

HEY GUYS. Sorry for the wait on posting the AMVs, I had to decide how I was going to do it.

So, how this is going to work is that I will periodically post AMVs from the stuff I've already got, and then I'll go out and hunt down more amvs when I start running out (which may take a while, actually). For now, I'm going to post something like one video from the Awesome category, two videos from the Great category, and one video from the Good category. This also reflects how many AMVs I have from each category (way more Greats than either Awesome or just Good).

The Awesome category has AMVs that are extremely impressive. They usually have a ridiculous amount of editing, the images sync to the music (as in to the beat), the images have something to do with the lyrics and/or the whole package is ridiculously thematically-appropriate.

The Great category has AMVs that are also very impressive, but they just don't have the amount of time and effort invested into them as the Awesome AMVs, or there are a couple other issues with them that keep them out of the Awesome category, or they would have only been Good but they do something that few other AMVs do at all and they do it well. There's not likely going to be much difference in your enjoyment between the Great and Awesome category, Greats just aren't the pinnacle of AMVs.

The Good category are AMVs that are simply enjoyable but aren't that impressive. They tend to focus on humor or romance, or they have a more general focus but they don't make the cut into the higher tiers.

Now, while I try to judge these on observable qualities, these are all still pretty biased selections. I have to enjoy them, after all. Also, feel free to share your own AMVs! I love finding good new ones.

ON TO THE AMVS! Now, for this first segment, I'm going to be giving you two Awesome AMVs. That's because I feel the first one is a bit of a cop-out because it's been linked in this thread before, but it definitely needs mentioning. I'm talking about the ridiculously thematically-appropriate AMV,
This is Halloween
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

This second Awesome AMV took a lot of time on what to decide on. I want to give a good first impression, ya'know? I eventually decided on the under-appreciated AMV,
Luwna

Now that Awesome is out of the way, time to show AMVs from the Great category. I decided on what pair to show by selecting a theme. The theme is "Telling a completely different story than the source material". First up,
Change

Next up is one that I was really surprised with. I'll just go ahead and say that it's of Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: B. The story? Mostly the same, except there's no Alphonse. Yeah. Check it out, it's called
Traumerei

Now, for the Good category. This AMV pretty much sums up the category: just good old fun. I give you,
Darker than Duck

There you have it! Hope you guys enjoyed the AMVs.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: October 07, 2013, 03:01:27 pm »

Well Gundam Build Fighters started today. I have to say, I was suprisingly impressed.

I mean I figured it would be at least decent considering its nature as an anniversary celebration, but I didn't predict the references would pile up this high. Basically it was pretty much what I expected up until Build Fighters Verse Ramba Ral showed up to judge the match and Reiji started Batman-porting everywhere and his stuff about wishing on his stone turned out to be serious. And then Ral called him a newtype in a way that I'm still not sure if he was serious or not, considering how weird Reiji is.

So yeah, I hope things go up from here. It's looking pretty nice so far.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:13:08 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: October 07, 2013, 03:10:11 pm »

I am 3 minutes into the first episode of Kill La Kill.

My face is already in a state of  O.O

EDIT: Finished the episode. This is so insane that I can't even describe it. Like. I- I genuinely can't. Amazing.
This is the first thing that came to my mind after seeing Ryuuko for the first time :V.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: October 07, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

... Mars of Destruction ...

Hahahaha, why would you watch the worst anime ever?

There is your answer.
Now I've seen the absolute worst anime can ever go, everything is uphill from here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »

My favorite part in Psychic Wars was when the MC punches cancer.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: October 07, 2013, 08:19:45 pm »

My favorite part in Psychic Wars was when the MC punches cancer.

I also liked when he Dragonball Z teleport-fought Phoenix from X-Men while his army of magic nuns battled Space Satan.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: October 07, 2013, 10:29:06 pm »

If we're posting AMVs I wanna share this; I dunno if it's been posted before, but watching it again doesn't hurt, you know?

Life is Beautiful AMV

This is probably one of the best AMVs I've ever watched, along with that This is Halloween Soul Eater one. Those two are the most prominent I think of when someone says "AMV".

So, the editing on this is minimal, mostly just sequences of brief, couple second long clips of different animes synced to the music. The timing is phenomenal though, and the wide range and selection of imagery not only fit the music well, but it's artistically pleasing and retains my attention throughout the video, which is an achievement in itself. It's pretty well done, all in all. Plenty of different animes that I couldn't name off the top of my head. No obvious spoilers to anything unless you recognize the anime the clip is from and can piece it together.

My only complaint is that at the start it can seem to be going too fast. The clips can be pretty brief and it takes a bit to really pick up from the beginning and get into the rhythm.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: October 07, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »

Here's a good one.

It's EVA, and contains a few spoilers if you haven't already seen it. But I find it's super good. Won Anime Sakura's best technical and audience/judge's favorite.

The pacing is awesome.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: October 07, 2013, 11:43:26 pm »

Question:

Does anyone have an opinion on Rune Factory 4? I know it just came out on the first, but I was wondering if anyone played any of it, and if so, if it's any good.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: October 07, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »

I haven't played it. But I did play 1 and 3. Utterly loved them. 1 had a lot of gameplay issues, but I found they had mostly been ironed out in 3. I've heard that the cast of 4 is more subdued than 3, so it loses a bit of the charm, but I plan on getting it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: October 07, 2013, 11:57:59 pm »

I played some Rune Factories. In general the problem is that it is a farming RPG where the RPG aspects are weak.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: October 08, 2013, 12:23:10 am »

I played some Rune Factories. In general the problem is that it is a farming RPG where the RPG aspects are weak.
3 was the greatest out of the whole series and tbh the only thing i complained was the damn weather system of doom :P

4 is suppose to be interesting though as any of the towns people can be companions on your trips plus of course the female character.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: October 08, 2013, 12:30:45 am »

Though I did hear from someone on tumblr complaining that there was stuff they weren't understanding in 4 because they didn't play the rest of the series. Not sure how serious they were being about it though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: October 08, 2013, 02:11:57 am »

Are we talking about AMVs?
Cause here's one I think is pretty good.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:39 am »

Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio: Ars Nova is now showing. Arpeggio of Blue Steel in english.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 2193