Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074841 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15315 on: October 04, 2013, 10:04:11 pm »

People are seen drinking ale in a few scenes.
Well that's gone and done it. Can't let my kids watch Berserk after all if there's drinking.
Hm. I wonder if you could fast forward or make them close their eyes past those parts?

Just listen for ripping sounds. I don't think anyone's drinking (alcohol) during the ripping sounds.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: October 05, 2013, 11:08:01 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15317 on: October 05, 2013, 03:44:21 pm »

Would you guys like me to do something like what Neyvn does, but with AMVs? I have a bunch of them saved and rated into categories (Awesome, Great and Good).

Also, Rosario + Vampire Capu II updated. Moar cool stuffs. Avoids some plotholes that other series would probably not have thought about as much as they should have.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: October 05, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »

Would you guys like me to do something like what Neyvn does, but with AMVs? I have a bunch of them saved and rated into categories (Awesome, Great and Good).

I would, actually.  I've been known to watch those.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: October 05, 2013, 04:01:39 pm »

Yeah I really like AMVs so it would be cool if you did something like that
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:01 pm »

NO!!! I HAVE TRADEMARKS ON THIS GIG!!! :P Kidding, AMVs are interesting, tbh one for Soul Eater got me into the anime again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: October 05, 2013, 10:14:21 pm »

Watched episode 25 of Attack on Titan. Slowpoke, that's me.

So, pretty much that whole fight scene was one long "hoooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--" moment. It was insane, awesome, brutal, awesome, intense, and did  mention it was pretty crazy awesome. Because it was awesome.

Annie's a bit of a bitch though, with that cheap ending. A shame too, Annie was pretty cool, before the whole titan thing started. Now there's a convenient plot twist so that we can't get answers from anyone until next season (or by reading the manga, if you so prefer) but that's cool, everyone loves cliff hangers! Probably it'll take even longer than next season too, they got to get to the basement first and find the dad's super secret stash of macguffins that explain everything.

-------

I love this anime's soundtrack. That mix of epic choir chanting and the rock power chords and the speed metal shredding and the ambient techno noise and it's pretty much a blend of everything and it works quite well. There's even calm moments of piano too. It's got everything I like to listen to all rolled into one.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: October 05, 2013, 11:00:35 pm »

You should spoiler a bit more of that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: October 06, 2013, 06:10:14 pm »

I am 3 minutes into the first episode of Kill La Kill.

My face is already in a state of  O.O

EDIT: Finished the episode. This is so insane that I can't even describe it. Like. I- I genuinely can't. Amazing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:36:14 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: October 06, 2013, 07:11:44 pm »

Started watching Bubblegum Crisis on Netflix. I don't know if they intended the viewer to be clueless as to what the hell is going on, but they certainly succeeded.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: October 06, 2013, 08:49:17 pm »

Aren't there like eleventy-seven Bubblegum Crisis animes? Sequels, prequels, re-imaginings, ???

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: October 06, 2013, 09:03:17 pm »

The one on Netflix (the only one I'd ever heard of) is called "Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040"
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: October 06, 2013, 09:34:24 pm »

From tvtropes:

Quote from: Bubblegum Crisis
It was "reimagined" in 1998 as the TV series Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, but the result bears almost no resemblance to the earlier show. It kept the Broad Strokes of the premise and the hardsuit designs, but broadly changed the character designs and personalities, and went off in a different direction from the original series.

Also, from Wikipedia:

Quote from: Bubblegum Crisis
    AD Police Files (1990): A prequel OVA set five years earlier and focusing on the A.D. Police and the start of the Crisis.
    Bubblegum Crash (1991): A three-episode OVA sequel. Reputedly an attempt to resolve the final five planned, but unproduced episodes.
    Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (1998-99): A 26 episode TV series remake of the original OVA series.
    A.D. Police: To Protect and Serve (1999): A 12 episode TV series prequel to Bubblegum Crisis and to A.D. Police Files, as the last episode reveals the setting is the year 2020.
    Parasite Dolls (2003): A three-episode OVA about Branch, a secret division of the A.D. Police.
    Scramble Wars released with Ten Little Gall Force. A massive crossover event between Bubblegum Crisis, Gall Force, Genesis Survivor Gaiarth, AD Police and Riding Bean
    Holiday in Bali special (live action)
    Hurricane Live 2032
    Hurricane Live 2033

Can't find much on the original vs. the 2040 version, though.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: October 07, 2013, 12:13:40 am »

Started watching Bubblegum Crisis on Netflix. I don't know if they intended the viewer to be clueless as to what the hell is going on, but they certainly succeeded.

I watched Mars of Destruction and Psychic Wars yesterday, you want to talk about being clueless?

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: October 07, 2013, 10:38:52 am »

... Mars of Destruction ...

Hahahaha, why would you watch the worst anime ever?
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 2193