Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3056290 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2009, 01:45:40 am »

I think that adultswim( www.adultswim.com ) has got some of the more popular anime on, every now and then. However you have to be located in the US to watch it. Which you might be or might be not.
Sure, there are some anime shows that can be considered "indie", when compared to the rest of the stuff out there, but I'm having a hard time remembering even one that wouldn't be also a comercial product, in a sense that it's not free.
And as far as the few articles on the subject that I've read presented the thing, making an animated feature is by no ways a cheap enterprise.
Still, you can buy those by as little as twenty-thirty bucks on the net, which is not that bad a price. UK2USA( www.uk2usa.co.uk ) has got a nice range and prices(e.g. 40$ for 14 bundled Studio Ghibli movies), with region 0,1 and 2 encoding to choose from.
I understand that you're reluctant to spend your hard earned money on something that might turn out to be a total crap, but let me tell you: if you liked the two S.Ghibli movies that you've mentioned, then you'll like all the rest of them. Seriously, ask anybody, S.G. never made a bad movie.
(just watch out when buying, sometimes there's no dubbing, just subs - might be a problem for kids)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2009, 02:10:43 am »

I'm not in the US, so I cant accsees that site.
The reason I don't want to pay is not only greed, but more ideological reasons, and laziness of accsees, preferably I want something I can watch in the browser while sometimes pausing and multitasking other things.
That 14 movie package sounds suspiciously like what mom bough for that xmas, thou I don't think it was that many, more like 6-7 or something.
The kid in question is me, but my taste in movies is that of a kid mostly.
I prefer subs over dubs, so that's no problem.

As for what I mean, something like this except less crappy, and I don't like the genre of that particular one.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2009, 03:33:10 am »

Hmm...
No, I can't think about free anime.

Non-commercial anime, on the other hand...
Try doujin anime.

(Like Maikaze's Touhou Project. I've been able to see it (HD!) in Youtube. Yeah... '_'

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2009, 03:47:42 am »

free anime?......veoh, youtube, mega video, get-anime......ive watched hundreds of anime streamed for free. they arent hard to find

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2009, 03:58:25 am »

Well, yeah, that.

And torrent.
I recommend that you search in Anime-torrent forums first (like Hongfire, warning: Some fora are NFSW)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2009, 09:44:18 pm »

Problem is I don't know enough law to tell if stuff is legal or not.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2009, 03:51:19 pm »

if they dont delete it its legal.

and again, ask me to find an anime you cant streamed and i will

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »

I'm also afraid that if I just google "anime" I'll just get hentai, which I dont want, cant you just link to some site, preferably whit some good search function whit options for genre/length/age suitability/etc.
I suck at figuring out good search words.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 12, 2009, 03:36:11 am »

if they dont delete it its legal.
Sorry, but it's just a wishful thinking. Some sites care about owners of whatever they've got and delete it accordingly when asked, some don't. And often the shows stay on e.g. youtube, 'cause there's just not enough people working for anime distribution companies to monitor all the stuff that is being hosted on the net.
If somebody made a show that is meant to be sold to the audience(99,9999% of them, probably), then it's illegal to get it for free, unless stated otherwise by said show's owner(e.g. on it's homepage), which doesn't really happen, even for anime that's 20 years old and hardly anybody remembers it.

Then, of course, there's the half-legal way of: "in my country, this show has not been licenced, i.e. there's no way for me to get it legally here(with my native language subs/dub), so it's o.k. if I get it from the net for free."
Which can be seen as a valid point or a complete bullshit, depending on a point of view.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2009, 02:26:37 pm »

if you watch a video on youtube and they havent deleted it it's their fault. even if they illegally traced every IP address back to who watched it they wouldnt send out 89524895624896592 warnings.

except veoh....people can somehow make links that cannot be found through the search engine even if you type in the exact name and can only be found through links....that is what i belive to be illegal because i dont think veoh themselves can find all of them and delete them even if they wanted to.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 12, 2009, 08:17:43 pm »

Is Rosario + Vampire worth watching?

I watched the first episode and found it kindof interesting (Huge heapings of panty-shots and cleaveage aside.)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 12, 2009, 11:07:50 pm »

yeh its good. its fan service should be its genre lol, but its got a good story and fun to watch...waiting for third season to come out.

(be prepared to be annoyed by bears wearing bows and bats....you will realize what i mean when you watch it)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2009, 08:50:31 am »

Heh, Rosario+Vampire.

I will see that after I finish the manga.

pokute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2009, 04:40:42 pm »

i riku animu
If history wasn't written by the victors, humanity's failures would be self-evident.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2009, 09:23:54 am »

i riku animu

You mean: Boku rikku animu

Unless you're a girl, who will say: Watashi rikku animu!

Scratch that, you want Engrish
Still, I rikku animu is better, with double k
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:27:52 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 2193