Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075834 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15120 on: September 12, 2013, 12:59:04 am »

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:07:36 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15121 on: September 12, 2013, 01:05:08 am »

There was another one in the same style, but it was all Smouldering Bedroom Eyes. It was either that, or bouquet crotch... a tough call, but the call had to be made.

And yeah, surprisingly, I could not find a single piece of Fanart for Mikasa at all. It's all Levi and Eren, with the occasional Erwin or Armin.

I may be incorrect, but it is my theory that you can gauge the amount of female fans for a series by the ratio of yaoi fanart.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: September 12, 2013, 01:09:05 am »

That third one is kind of, ah, interesting.
Considering they're actively screwing in the upper right... yeah, that's a word for it :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: September 12, 2013, 01:13:33 am »

So to break the AoT chain im wondering if anyone has seen the Makoto Shinkai short films. Some of his movies i seen are "Children Who Chase Lost Voices" and "5 Centimeters Per Second". I just wanna know how people feel about the reoccuring themes in all of his shows and how his newest films option some really damn good realistic art.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15124 on: September 12, 2013, 01:13:49 am »

So much Attack on Titan, nothing else.. (=___= ; )

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: September 12, 2013, 01:19:22 am »

Spoiler: Super Duper Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ultra Hyper Spoilers (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15126 on: September 12, 2013, 01:20:53 am »

So much Attack on Titan, nothing else.. (=___= ; )
I hear you but theres nothing else good out, Kill La Kill won't be airing till next month, still waiting for GiTS: ARISE to come out here in america.

Seriously though guys if you are going to start digging deeper into Titan lore it might be better to start a thread.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: September 12, 2013, 01:24:46 am »

So to break the AoT chain im wondering if anyone has seen the Makoto Shinkai short films. Some of his movies i seen are "Children Who Chase Lost Voices" and "5 Centimeters Per Second". I just wanna know how people feel about the reoccuring themes in all of his shows and how his newest films option some really damn good realistic art.

I saw Voices from a Distant Star and thought it was. . . okay, I guess.  The animation was really blocky, I felt that thematically it just didn't really fit together for me.  The pacing was really bad.  Good idea with rotten execution.

I kind of wanted to see 5 cm/sec, though.  I heard a lot of good things.

GiTS: ARISE

I did not know that this was a thing.  Huh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15128 on: September 12, 2013, 01:26:30 am »

I hope you didn't take that out of context its Ghost in the Shell :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: September 12, 2013, 01:30:06 am »

I know it's GitS, you silly man, I just want a third season so I can stop pretending to watch the second season and start pretending to be caught up on three whole seasons.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: September 12, 2013, 01:31:32 am »

New Ghost in the Shell? Neat!

That third one is kind of, ah, interesting.
Considering they're actively screwing in the upper right... yeah, that's a word for it :P

At the risk of being naive, I totally interpreted that as part of Levi violently beating Eren, but arranged suggestively for maximum shipping capacity. But... hrmmmm. You may have a point.

I think I may have left my brain's Yaoi Blocker on again. :I

Seriously though guys if you are going to start digging deeper into Titan lore it might be better to start a thread.

I believe I am done digging into AoT Lore for the present. *Nods*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15131 on: September 12, 2013, 01:40:11 am »

I know it's GitS, you silly man, I just want a third season so I can stop pretending to watch the second season and start pretending to be caught up on three whole seasons.
Its a prequel of everybody though this time more focusing on Kusanagi

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15132 on: September 12, 2013, 02:06:43 am »

New GitS has me excited what with Masamune Shirow's stuff being my introduction to anime. Glad to hear the whole gang are involved. I missed them all in the second manga.

Well did an anime swap with a friend of mine (They watch something I watched, I watch something they watched)
Did similar recently. I ended up being about as disappointed as expected by Bleach and he seemed to enjoy the first two GitS films. Didn't have the heart to tell him what I thought as he's pretty invested in it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: September 12, 2013, 06:32:55 am »

At the risk of being naive, I totally interpreted that as part of Levi violently beating Eren, but arranged suggestively for maximum shipping capacity. But... hrmmmm. You may have a point.
Ehn... I could see that interpretation...

...if it weren't for one of them not wearing pants. That bare leg was kinda' blatant :P

Also those were totes the anime "two dudes buggering" faces. I don't think I've ever seen it in any other context, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15134 on: September 12, 2013, 07:12:09 am »

I haven't actually watched GitS before, but I remember going to a museum exhibit about it (and not getting it at all).

Mikasa is about to die painfully in both of these
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 2193