Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3076959 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15030 on: September 05, 2013, 10:33:29 pm »

Well at least he had a good excuse with Negima's ending.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: September 05, 2013, 10:36:19 pm »

Of course. But we must bask in the sweet, refreshing dissatisfaction for a little longer, don't you think?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: September 06, 2013, 12:36:28 am »

Long rant about my history of watching stuff ahead.

Spoiler: Spoiler'd for space (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15033 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:07 am »

Ugh, he does it as a habit, though.  Love Hina didn't have any real resolution, either.

Yes it did?

I mean...the two did marry in the end, didn't they?
Or are you referring to something else?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: September 06, 2013, 01:24:03 am »

I seem to remember that there was some kind of "marriage" but none of the character relationships changed at all, so it felt like it was basically . . . a harem show where two characters were married.  At the end the wedding is crashed by the MC's kid sister and she starts hitting on him.

Also, he denoted the passage of time by having female characters looking in the mirror and noting that their breasts had grown.  Seriously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:17 am »

Spoiler: Spoiler'd for space (click to show/hide)
I don't think the SnK OPs are actually too typical of modern anime OPs, which I think still mostly involve slow pans, crying girls and birds.  They remind me of the post-drop NGE (and to some degree MLA) opening more than anything.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: September 06, 2013, 07:57:46 am »

Ugh, he does it as a habit, though.  Love Hina didn't have any real resolution, either.
Yes it did?

I mean...the two did marry in the end, didn't they?
Yup, they married with all the cast & side characters attending and all. Negima's rather lacking ending wasn't that bad even if some of the climatic events for the end that should have happened only did so offscreen because of issues (With UQ Holder, there's a possibility that some of those may come to light now as well).

If your looking for messy harem endings w/ hardly any closure, Rumiko Takashi's works tend to go there like Urusei Yatsura & Ranma 1/2.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: September 06, 2013, 02:54:05 pm »

ah Love Hina, my only guilty pleasure Harem anime, probably cause it was one of the first animes i watched younger days.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: September 06, 2013, 03:55:47 pm »

It has come to my attention that a lot of authors seem to have trouble writing endings for harem series.  I therefore propose that we should start posting possible conclusions in this thread.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: September 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »

A freak accident in a cloning facility results in four copies of the main character being created.  Unable to to live together, the clones decide they will all settle down in different parts of the country with one of the heroines each.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15040 on: September 06, 2013, 04:11:15 pm »

x-some.
That's how I want all harems to end.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: September 06, 2013, 04:15:02 pm »

It has come to my attention that a lot of authors seem to have trouble writing endings for harem series.  I therefore propose that we should start posting possible conclusions in this thread.

Well there are Four types of Harems

1) One true Love Harems: There are many members of the Harem but only one has a real chance.
2) No Chance Harems: None of the members of the Harem has a chance with the main character
3) Equal Chance Harems: Everyone has a chance to be with the main character
4) Rival Chance Harem: While there are many people in the Harem, it really just boils down to two characters within the harem.

The problem with these is that... no matter what Harem an Anime or Manga uses... They ALL ABSOLUTELY believe they are a "Equal Chance Harem". It is rather annoying. "Look anime, we KNOW none of them stand a chance except her one true love... stop pretending"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: September 06, 2013, 04:21:11 pm »

I vote that the ending of every harem manga be a blank white page saying "You've read an entire harem manga. Why would you do that?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: September 06, 2013, 04:23:39 pm »

I vote that the ending of every harem manga be a blank white page saying "You've read an entire harem manga. Why would you do that?"

I don't know... quite a few Harems only use the Harem aspect as a set piece.

Ouran Host Club for example. It was a Harem but that aspect was completely unimportant (and frankly, I question whether or not it is REALLY a harem given that it is a One True Love Harem)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: September 06, 2013, 04:24:31 pm »

What about another season to troll viewers on their choices?
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 2193