Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077153 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14955 on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:22 am »

Spoiler: snk ep21/question (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: September 02, 2013, 02:01:20 am »

On a completely unrelated note, Shadowjack's write-up of his viewing of Sailor Moon finally convinced me to give it a shot. The foremost thought in my mind is that those commercial bumpers are really spiffy, even by modern standards. There's just so much about them that is done right. Oh, and this gem of a line:

Quote from: Jadeite
Nothing costs more than something that's free.

Okay, so serious question time.

Who is your favorite Sailor Scout?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: September 02, 2013, 02:38:23 am »

On a completely unrelated note, Shadowjack's write-up of his viewing of Sailor Moon finally convinced me to give it a shot. The foremost thought in my mind is that those commercial bumpers are really spiffy, even by modern standards. There's just so much about them that is done right. Oh, and this gem of a line:

Josuke Higashikata

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: September 02, 2013, 04:26:52 am »

Goodness it is hard to say who my favorite Sailor Scout is...

It is between Amy and Lina.

Yet they are both so perfect... You have Amy who is the intelligent, right minded, sensitive scout... and Lina the energetic, romantic, and warm hearted one (oddly more so then Venus)

Then again those are just my personal favorites... I actually... Like all of them, a lot. (Except the Outer Senshi... I really don't like Uranus and Neptune. Pluto is alright and same with Saturn)... Err I forgot Minimoon and Chibimoon, I am not crazy about them but they are alright.

Heck I even like Sailor Earth which is implied to be... *Spoilers*
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:34:03 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: September 02, 2013, 08:27:12 am »

Ami. No question in my mind there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: September 02, 2013, 10:30:29 am »

Ami here too
It's FEF, not FEOF

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14961 on: September 02, 2013, 10:32:34 am »

must...resist...
must...resist...
Do...not...mention...
...be...a...male...refute...thesis...of...having watched...the shows...
Refute...refute...
You are not a Brony...you are not someone who watched sailor moon...
Refute...

Argh. I personally preferred Sailor Mars.
Fire and all.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:02 am »

must...resist...
must...resist...
Do...not...mention...
...be...a...male...refute...thesis...of...having watched...the shows...
Refute...refute...
You are not a Brony...you are not someone who watched sailor moon...
Refute...

Argh. I personally preferred Sailor Mars.
Fire and all.

Wait, what association is there between BSSM and MLP? Anyhow, I can dig Rei. She straight up murders Jadeite with fire in the manga.

In all seriousness, though, I suppose BSSM is important viewing for the same reason that other genre-defining shows are; it (along with a scant handful of other prototypical series) defined the genre as something other than mindless, plotless shoujo wish fulfillment by playing it more as a sentai show. Without things like Sailor Moon (and Cutey Honey before it) we almost certainly wouldn't have had Madoka or Nanoha, because the idea of magical girls using their powers to beat the shit out of monsters and terrorists pretty much didn't exist before them. Sort of the same reason why it's important (within the scope of the medium, anyhow) to be familiar with Gundam, which bore a large chunk of the responsibility for the same Growing The Beard spot for mecha shows, even if you don't particularly like either.

3. Run Resize Enable

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:32 am »

Been watching Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (The Flower That We Saw That Day, aka Ano Hana), and it's probably one of the most pretty anime that I have watched. I picked it up because I really liked the opening that would play on one of the anime internet radio stations (dead now) a few years ago, and it's really quite good. It follows the ghost of a young girl as she appears to attempt and bring a fractured group of childhood friends back together. Not quite as heart touching as Usagi Drop, but pretty darn close.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: September 02, 2013, 11:23:37 am »

I liked Sailor Jupiter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: September 02, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »

I liked Sailor Jupiter.

Hmm... I find it interesting that of my two favorites I cannot chose between... Everyone so far has chosen Mercury and Jupiter.

I find it surprising I didn't chose the niche characters as my favorite.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: September 02, 2013, 03:43:17 pm »

Wait, what association is there between BSSM and MLP? Anyhow, I can dig Rei. She straight up murders Jadeite with fire in the manga.
I think BSMM was the show that made executives realize they could capture the dual young girls/20-something year old men markets.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: September 02, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »

Watching Monogatari Series: Season 2. Mayoi Jiangshi part 3.

The world was destroyed. More specifically, humanity is dead. Shinobu confessed that she planned to end the world during the time Hawaiian shirt guy left and Shinobu ran away during the Black Hanekawa incident of Bakemonogatari.

In this timeline where Mayoi didn't become a ghost and never met Araragi, Araragi died due to Black Hanekawa. With Araragi dead, the ties that bound him and Shinobu are gone and Shinobu becomes Kiss Shot Acerola-Orion Heart Under Blade. Then she destroyed the world.

Now I'm left wondering how and why Mayoi affected Araragi so much. I have to go back to Bakemonogatari and watch all the episode with Mayoi in it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: September 02, 2013, 05:12:37 pm »

I think BSMM was the show that made executives realize they could capture the dual young girls/20-something year old men markets.
Mm, yeah, I can see that.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: September 02, 2013, 08:22:48 pm »

The fiancee tried to make me watch Sailor Moon (the original english dub she insisted, for added absurdity). I could see it having some merits, it just didn't appeal to me at all >.>
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 2193