Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077550 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14850 on: August 28, 2013, 05:40:50 pm »

Death Note.  I think Code Geass also counts, right?

But seriously, you keep asking for anime about super-American issues, which there aren't many of because it's anime.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: August 28, 2013, 05:43:18 pm »

okay new question from anime noob what about an anime about terroist and the heroes who try to stop them. {dear god i hope the NSA dosen't go after me for asking that}.
Ghost in The Shell (THE WHOLE SERIES), Cybernetics Anti-Terrorist Unit in the future complete with hacking, assassinations, bombs, and AI.

(its more of a cop drama but there is alot of action in it and insight to the future of mechanization)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:55:11 pm by Tellemurius »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: August 28, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

What implied sex? That was like the one thing he didn't put in.

Sort of.

Lets just say it sort of enters the same arena as the Dorothy battle in Marchen Awakens romance. It isn't Tentacle rape, but you are meant to treat it like such.

He speaks of one of the OVAs, which is just more "lololololol look how many different ways I can screw with this universe I made and people will still enjoy it" by Akamatsu. Also, wasn't implied. I saw that OVA scene, and even though it was outrageous, it was also no rape. Obviously it was meant to make the audience think of it like tentacle rape, but there was no rape in actuality or ever implied by the scene. That scene was "Hey, here's a shoutout to all you perverts into this thing, and I can get away with it because I can."

I will say he failed though. Mind you Marchen Awakens Romance went from "creative and possible going somewhere" to "Derivative and a slog" less then halfway through the series.

I can even say the EXACT moment this happened. It would be immediately after the Snow battle in the tournament. That was when the anime became irredeemable because it had no self-awareness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: August 28, 2013, 06:04:12 pm »

Yeah, GitS is pretty much the go-to series for terrorists and the fighting thereof. Code Geass counts, sort of, but the "terrorism" thing is mostly dropped a few episodes in to the first season, instead alternating between gambit-driven guerrilla warfare, delightful hammery, and school drama.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: August 28, 2013, 06:42:43 pm »

Canaan is pretty much all about terrorists, but on the other hand it's total nonsense.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: August 28, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »

LOVE AND PEACE

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: August 28, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »

LOVE AND PEACE

Good point.  Trigun is an excellent example.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: August 28, 2013, 06:49:53 pm »

We all know bullies are a greater threat than terraists terrorists here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »

We all know bullies are a greater threat than terraists terrorists here.

Yeah, because terrorists don't have faces or names.

Didn't you learn anything from Kurabara?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: August 28, 2013, 08:00:14 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14860 on: August 28, 2013, 11:12:55 pm »

okay new question from anime noob what about an anime about terroist and the heroes who try to stop them. {dear god i hope the NSA dosen't go after me for asking that}.

Yeah, you're pretty much looking for GitS right there. Spiral (or Uzumaki) may work as well. Actually, ACTUALLY WAIT. GUNSLINGER GIRL. You want Gunslinger Girl. Terrorism, Western politics, nitty-gritty, the whole shebang. Not sure about anime vs. manga, though. I know the manga version is great.

You may also be interested in Black Lagoon. It doesn't really deal with terrorism at all, but it deals with a lot of other topics you might be interested in that deal with a similar thing.

I will say he failed though. Mind you Marchen Awakens Romance went from "creative and possible going somewhere" to "Derivative and a slog" less then halfway through the series.

I can even say the EXACT moment this happened. It would be immediately after the Snow battle in the tournament. That was when the anime became irredeemable because it had no self-awareness.

I... I don't know what to say to that because I wasn't talking about Marchen Awakens Romance, and I'm not sure I know about a "Snow battle in the tournament" in Negima. The only time I recall snow is during one of Eva's training sessions for Asuna.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: August 28, 2013, 11:31:02 pm »

LOVE AND PEACE
Tripeace???

Tripeace = http://mangafox.me/manga/tripeace/

Site Blurb -
Nana, a young boy suffering from extreme amnesia, has forgotten his real name. After helplessly witnessing the unjust death of three children during one of his trips, he vows to eradicate all wars of the surface of the earth.

He then joined Tripeace, a small group of activists whose members use all kinds of weapons and will stop at nothing, not even the violence, bring peace to the world. But soon, the new registration number 102078 of Tripeace is faced with a dilemma: can we protect the peace at any price?

Personal Blurb -
Crazy, stupid and hilarious. Sadly ends with a "Damn it, last chapter cause of being removed from Magazine, gotta finish story" curse...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: August 29, 2013, 01:58:00 am »

I... I don't know what to say to that because I wasn't talking about Marchen Awakens Romance, and I'm not sure I know about a "Snow battle in the tournament" in Negima. The only time I recall snow is during one of Eva's training sessions for Asuna.

Sorry I thought you were. Since if the creator of Marchen Awakens Romance was trying to stretch the stupidity to see how bad he could make his stuff without people complaining... I wouldn't be surprised.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14863 on: August 29, 2013, 03:06:41 am »

Nah, it's fine. I was still talking about Negima concerning

The whole point of Negima was that it was a shonen adventure/fighting series disguised as a harem comedy.

Really? I thought it was Eichi disguised as a harem. Hence all the implies sex and making out.

and

What implied sex? That was like the one thing he didn't put in.

Sort of.

Lets just say it sort of enters the same arena as the Dorothy battle in Marchen Awakens romance. It isn't Tentacle rape, but you are meant to treat it like such.

Thought the "tentacle rape" comment was from one of the Negima OVAs, in which a clothes-eating tentacle monster attacks the cosplayer and humiliates and tickles her until she is saved.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: August 29, 2013, 03:10:36 am »

This conversation is just getting depressing... Given I brought up completely different hack writing and somehow it wasn't unique.
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 2193