Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077624 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14820 on: August 27, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »

Apparently next month is going to premier an Attack on Titan spinoff manga about Levi.

Also a manga based off the prequel light novels started a couple days ago apparently.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:51:03 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14821 on: August 27, 2013, 04:44:55 pm »

I'm not surprised its related to Levi. He's pretty awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14822 on: August 27, 2013, 05:07:39 pm »

one thousand page reached.
Hurray anime thread.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: August 27, 2013, 05:13:01 pm »

Hurray anime thread.
12 posts to 15k replies.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: August 27, 2013, 06:01:02 pm »

Hurray anime thread.
I'm only on page 600 :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14825 on: August 27, 2013, 06:04:54 pm »

Hurray anime thread.
I'm only on page 600 :I
SHUT UP

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14826 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:41 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: August 27, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »

Apparently next month is going to premier an Attack on Titan spinoff manga about Levi.

Yesssssss good
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: August 27, 2013, 06:27:39 pm »

Hi again thread im looking for a anime like rainbow's begining in where it's a prison with fucked up shit going on.

Anything like that in the anime world or do the japs just trow that horrible world in the shadows?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: August 27, 2013, 07:22:03 pm »

"Japs" is a slur, and I don't think anime is really the medium I'd turn to if I wanted to write a story exploring the grim reality of prison life.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: August 27, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »

"Japs" is a slur, and I don't think anime is really the medium I'd turn to if I wanted to write a story exploring the grim reality of prison life.

Why not? every other medium has done it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: August 27, 2013, 08:01:37 pm »

Because it would inevitably either center on a bishonen who was accidentally sent to a prison full of underaged women or a prison where the guards and prisoners trained their martial arts styles and ki attacks by constantly fighting each other, centered on a character with an indomitable will and the goal to escape with all of their friends?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:49 pm »

Why not? every other medium has done it.

Deadman wonderland had peoples eyes taken from their skulls, grave of the fire flies had human tragedy in war, and rape was shown in the anime rainbow.

The Japaneese have used anime for a multitude of issues before. An yeah i wouldn't mind an anime that has prison boxing/brutal fighting where winners gain credits and the protagonist does his/her best to escape while dealing with the gravity of their crimes, prison factions, douchebag guards, and the fact that their best friend is a stuffed doll.
Anyone daring to steal this idea may do so i just want the entertainment.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: August 27, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »

Yeah, but "prison" isn't a Japanese issue in the same way that it's an American issue.  They have a really low crime rate and my understanding is that a lot of criminals choose suicide/many are able to avoid prison through displays of shame and repentance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: August 27, 2013, 10:51:13 pm »

Yeah, but "prison" isn't a Japanese issue in the same way that it's an American issue.  They have a really low crime rate and my understanding is that a lot of criminals choose suicide/many are able to avoid prison through displays of shame and repentance.

Prison in of itself isn't necessarily a commonly covered issue, but I distinctly recall a Japanese live action movie about a man falsely accused of groping that was basically screwed by the system because everyone in the justice system barring the accused stands to gain nothing if the verdict is "not guilty".
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 2193