Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077904 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14700 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:18 am »

Saw 00 years ago, tis what got me into mecha anime. It's actually my second favorite of the Gundam series I've seen. Except for the movie. A Wakening of the Trailblazer why did you have to be the Advent Children of the franchise.
NO NO THAT DOES NOT EXIST WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:24 am »

What is odd is I have no idea if we are meant to like emotionally disturbed red head in Gundam Seed.

Since frankly everyone else, especially Kira, glorified her. which means either that the anime wanted to draw upon a disconnect between what everyone thought of her and what she was really like... Or this is another anime that doesn't QUITE know when their own character is utterly despicable. Which for an anime both are very likely. Anime often lacks self-awareness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: August 23, 2013, 02:03:18 am »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:50:58 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14703 on: August 23, 2013, 03:55:11 am »

Get your heads out of good anime and watch some of the drenches like I have and you will see how formulaic it can get.

NO NEONIVEK, DO NOT TEMPT US! The entire point of us banding together is to help us determine if it's the cream of Sturgeon's Law or not before we watch something! If some poor soul bites the bullet and comes back, traumatized from the experience, we meet them with open arms and thank them for their service! Unless they repeatedly subject themselves to the vile bottom 90% of anime, in which case they're asking to become jaded. I'm looking at you, Neonivek. =P

... incidentally, I'm about six episodes from finishing Gaogaigar* (barring the OAVs and... anything else that might exist). Kinda' itching to keep digging around super robot stuff. Any... any suggestions? Beyond, hrm. Gurran Lagan, I guess sorta' Nadesco (however the blazes it's spelled)? Big-O, G-Gundam... don't think escaflowne counted... or Eva, of course. Seen those. Probably some more. I... can't recall what I've watched over the years :-\

Big O is... uhh... not really super robot stuff. I mean it is completely super robot while at the same time being completely not about it at all. If you've not seen Code Geass, SEE IT. NOW. Eureka Seven is also a mecha anime. I think that's it... WAIT, NO. ZOIDS. HOW COULD I FORGET ZOIDS. Zoids, man. Zoidz.

I loved me some Zoids, at least when I was WAAAAYYYY younger.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: August 23, 2013, 06:10:44 am »

Big O always struck me as a mix of Batman and mecha.

Also, I just remembered an anime from my childhood, but I don't remember a title. It was 'fighting' anime, where a boy and a girl were pitted in some celestial/divine championship against monsters and beings that live on/inside stained glass windows. Said anime was definitely from early-to-mid 90's.

Anyone has any clue what the title might be? v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14705 on: August 23, 2013, 06:35:39 am »

Soooo... is Hate Plus and the prequel worth getting? It looks a bit interesting, and the reviews are all about "THERE BE DRAMA AND GOOD WRITINZ 'N' FEELS". Since it sounds like some of you have experience, do any of you recommend it/against it?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:24 am »

Soooo... is Hate Plus and the prequel worth getting? It looks a bit interesting, and the reviews are all about "THERE BE DRAMA AND GOOD WRITINZ 'N' FEELS". Since it sounds like some of you have experience, do any of you recommend it/against it?
Do you like reading a lot of things? Because almost everything in Analogue is reading. (somewhat more reactions and talking in Hate Plus as far as I've seen so far)

For the drama and stuff, yes, they do have them, and I'd reccomend the two, yeah. Probably not the best reccomendation, but I can only do so much from a 3dsxl browser.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: August 23, 2013, 08:39:57 am »

Big O always struck me as a mix of Batman and mecha.
That's pretty much what it was. Oh, and now I'm being hit by Zoids nostalgia as well. I remember going back to try and watch one of the series again not too long ago (without much success), so I'm pretty sure it isn't as good as my child-self insists it was.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: August 23, 2013, 03:05:06 pm »

Michiru's route finished.  Gonna have to slow down with school starting now...

Didn't really see any apple metaphors, but I suppose
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
will have to count.

Next would be Sachi and then Amane.  Don't really know what to expect with Maid-sama, something involving selflessness, selfishness, and the pursuit to helping others at the cost of your psyche.  Amane should hopefully be at least entertaining, I hope.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: August 23, 2013, 03:14:58 pm »

-snip-
This is my main arguments of why this series suck. It bugs the hell out of me about these character designs.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: August 23, 2013, 03:39:23 pm »

yeah SnK definitely has some of the worst characterization I have ever seen

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: August 23, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »

I heard that Attack on Titan was responsible for 9/11.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: August 23, 2013, 04:23:28 pm »

Just... I'unno. Kinda' reminds me of Mirai Nikki. Least the female part of it. I'm... I'm way behind on anime watching right now. Or manga reading. Except I think the horrific violence on the part of the female lead actually did mess with stuff in MN, so... dunno

Honestly that wasn't the anime I was referring to. The anime I was referring to was one I picked completely at random trying to find another anime (which is mostly about politics and talking in a medieval China setting... the one I was looking for not the one I saw)

It was also the most fast paced in terms of laying down the ground work. First episode the entire premise of the show was resolved and second episode all the plot was on the table.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: August 23, 2013, 05:43:58 pm »

I don't think there was ever any suggestion at all that Eren's gear was sabotaged.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:27 pm »

I don't think there was ever any suggestion at all that Eren's gear was sabotaged.

His equipment was damaged "in a way that the sarge had never seen before."  That gave me the impression of sabotage...

I really like the show but I'm guessing that I'll prefer the manga incarnation.  The stuff I've brought up is all complaints I routinely have of any manga => anime property, so.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 2193