Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078398 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14550 on: August 18, 2013, 12:10:36 pm »

Kabukimonogatari is showing but for some reason, it's lumped together with Nekomonogatari(white). It kinda throws me off but for those interested to watch it, Neko(white) ends at episode 6.

Story spoilers below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: August 18, 2013, 01:24:39 pm »

Kabukimonogatari is showing but for some reason, it's lumped together with Nekomonogatari(white). It kinda throws me off but for those interested to watch it, Neko(white) ends at episode 6.

Story spoilers below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's because they're calling it Monogatari Series Second Season and it's supposed to go over Nekomonogatari White, Kabukimonogatari, and a couple of others over 26 episodes.
Also often called Boowells.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: August 18, 2013, 01:26:53 pm »

Thats nice but they should have just lumped both Nekos instead.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: August 18, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »

Soo... you were a part of Mirror Moon, or is Mirror Moon not handling Fate/hollow Ataraxia?
No no, Mirror Moon haven't touched the Type-Moon fandiscs like Kagetsu Tohya and Fate/hollow.  I believe Kagetsu Tohya is by some random guy and Fate/hollow is by a bunch of people over at Beasts' Lair while being hosted on TLWiki as well.
Mahoyo is being done by Commiesubs, the demo was translated by some Russian dude that doesn't really know what they're doing.  He also did Phenomenomo or whatever in English and you could really tell, eugh.
Yep, exactly. I have access to the Mahoyo scripts and our translation is extremely different from cokesakto's. Our translator (native Japanese speaker) was baffled by some of his choices -- he invents sentences out of nowhere to add 'flavor', and at times his additions are incongruous or downright contradictory. I haven't done any work on VNs, but as an avid VN reader, inventing details is a step over the line. Commie's typically viewed as being extremely liberal when it comes to our editing style, but it really varies from project to project. You'll never see honorifics or TL notes, but the meaning of a sentence is always preserved.
THE EOTENA ONSLAUGHT

I caught one of the Commiesubs for SnK recently and that was ridiculous.  I think it's funny really, but it can be hard to process.

Actually, I read that entire stupid chat log on their site when SnK first started airing because it was so interesting/funny.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: August 18, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10

this can go here, right

Seeing it in manga form is one thing but seeing it in live action is too much for me.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: August 18, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:10:32 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: August 18, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »

THE EOTENA ONSLAUGHT

I caught one of the Commiesubs for SnK recently and that was ridiculous.  I think it's funny really, but it can be hard to process.

Actually, I read that entire stupid chat log on their site when SnK first started airing because it was so interesting/funny.
My favourite is the bit where he points out they're called "giants" rather than titans in the manga once, therefore of course a totally different word should be used.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: August 18, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: August 19, 2013, 02:12:06 am »

Finished Lucky Star. Man, that is just a good anime. It's got this self-aware humour which I've yet to see in another anime that makes it so much more enjoyable. The countless anime references, self-deprecating yet loving jokes about anime culture such as otaku/weaboo/lollicon or cons or cosplay, the credit songs always consist of characters singing other anime intros and outros, and it's pretty much the essence of all anime compressed into an anime.

Despite it being slice-of-life and comedy there's character development, plot arcs, timeline consistency between episodes, and solid touching emotional moments too, which never lose the up-beat and witty comedy vibe that the show constantly has going for it. It's got all the feels to feel.

Good character design, animation, writing, it's great. All around solid in everything. Ten out of ten, would watch again (possibly again and again), would recommend to friends, would totally high-five the creator if I met them. I'd call it a must watch anime experience.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: August 19, 2013, 09:46:59 am »

Finished Lucky Star. Man, that is just a good anime. It's got this self-aware humour which I've yet to see in another anime that makes it so much more enjoyable. The countless anime references, self-deprecating yet loving jokes about anime culture such as otaku/weaboo/lollicon or cons or cosplay, the credit songs always consist of characters singing other anime intros and outros, and it's pretty much the essence of all anime compressed into an anime.

Despite it being slice-of-life and comedy there's character development, plot arcs, timeline consistency between episodes, and solid touching emotional moments too, which never lose the up-beat and witty comedy vibe that the show constantly has going for it. It's got all the feels to feel.

Good character design, animation, writing, it's great. All around solid in everything. Ten out of ten, would watch again (possibly again and again), would recommend to friends, would totally high-five the creator if I met them. I'd call it a must watch anime experience.

There are at least five people reading this and grinding their teeth while doing acrobatic backflips.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: August 19, 2013, 12:37:55 pm »

Yeah, mostly because the joke setups and camera angles were samey enough that I knew what the punchlines were before anyone said anything, like, 6 episodes in.

I liked it and thought it was cute, but it wasn't what I look for in a show.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: August 19, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: August 19, 2013, 07:20:45 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10

this can go here, right
HENTAI IS JUSTICE
If i had a nickel for every time i heard that, i would be a rich man.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:46 pm »

There are at least five people reading this and grinding their teeth while doing acrobatic backflips.

I never knew my unprofessional, inexperienced reviews of anime series had the power to cause people to spontaneously backflip. I should do this for a living, I obviously have a knack for it.  :P

I enjoyed the show. Different strokes for different folks, y'know.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:09 pm »

I never knew my unprofessional, inexperienced reviews of anime series had the power to cause people to spontaneously backflip. I should do this for a living, I obviously have a knack for it.  :P

I enjoyed the show. Different strokes for different folks, y'know.

Oh, I don't think it's particularly bad. It's certainly a competent show with some really funny moments, but some people dislike it for many of the reasons you stated.
It's basically a massive tribute to otaku, and complete pandering. You could probably blame the combination of Azumanga Daioh, Suzumiya Haruhi, and Lucky Star for the current state of anime, since they showed that you could make a show essentially about nothing and get money hand-over-fist.
I'm not in a position to complain though, as I personally think the show Nichijou is really good. If you liked Lucky Star, you should check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2193