Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078601 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14445 on: August 10, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »

That's what happens when you read those.
And now I'm confused.

EDIT: I understand now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:27:31 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: August 10, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »

EDIT: you know someone's an accidental pervert when you see the something like the bottom of this page. (No, it's not ecchi, don't worry.)

http://www.mangareader.net/209-14848-15/mahou-sensei-negima/chapter-15.html

And the kid's 10. TEN.
Trust me, you don't want to go further if you feel scared about that. Your only up to what, the 4/5th book..
This manga is what happens if you put Magic World, Epic Magic/Melee Combat and Fanservice all in one story... Seriously. Good read though, sadly ends poorly with not enough explanation with some of his student's back stories unrevealed and even hinted at mere moments before the ending. Felt rushed in the end which is sad considering...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14447 on: August 10, 2013, 03:46:37 pm »

Grisaia no Kajitsu.
Oh gawd.
Sure, it's a Visual Novel and not properly an anime but then again, where else to post my 'Oh Gawd' somewhere else?

First off, while it does have its 'Eroge' scenes, they are usually always at the end and easily avoidable. (Frankly, even though I'm a perfectly sane male, I actually skipped them all) I'm going through the plot of the various routes, having done the Common one plus the others, and the choices are not only few, but simple as well.
There are both Good ends and bad ends and...
Oh well...
I'm going back to finish another route.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: August 10, 2013, 04:07:53 pm »

EDIT: you know someone's an accidental pervert when you see the something like the bottom of this page. (No, it's not ecchi, don't worry.)

http://www.mangareader.net/209-14848-15/mahou-sensei-negima/chapter-15.html

And the kid's 10. TEN.
Trust me, you don't want to go further if you feel scared about that. Your only up to what, the 4/5th book..
This manga is what happens if you put Magic World, Epic Magic/Melee Combat and Fanservice all in one story... Seriously. Good read though, sadly ends poorly with not enough explanation with some of his student's back stories unrevealed and even hinted at mere moments before the ending. Felt rushed in the end which is sad considering...
I'm not scared, I just thought that it was the very best example of that that I've seen so far.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

Mangafox doesn't host series with licensed translations. Try this instead.

Also, PoH, you're in something of a lull before another big reveal. Not going to spoil more than that.
Um.........
Did you even look at my last post???
Shingeki no Kyojin, FIRST DAMN LINK...
Sorry if I sound angry, I am just annoyed that you stated that with such a sure sounding way. Yes Mangafox doesn't host SOME Licensed Manga, but then again it hosts ONE PIECE, NARUTO and countless others. Sometimes you should really double check your statements before you go posting stuff... I mean its Right there...

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) - http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/
Yeah do Not really need to explain this one do I...
Mangafox doesn't host Shingeki no Kyojin.
Quote from: In a big red box on the page
The series Shingeki no Kyojin has been licensed, it is not available in Manga Fox.
And if you try to read one of the chapters it has listed farther down, it tells you it is licensed and won't show you any of the pages.

Sometimes you should really double check your statements before you go posting stuff.  :P
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: August 10, 2013, 05:42:09 pm »

Man... I watched the intro to Steins;Gate and was totally turned off.  Anyone want to convince me it's worth seeing?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: August 10, 2013, 06:14:29 pm »

Mangafox doesn't host series with licensed translations. Try this instead.

Also, PoH, you're in something of a lull before another big reveal. Not going to spoil more than that.
Um.........
Did you even look at my last post???
Shingeki no Kyojin, FIRST DAMN LINK...
Sorry if I sound angry, I am just annoyed that you stated that with such a sure sounding way. Yes Mangafox doesn't host SOME Licensed Manga, but then again it hosts ONE PIECE, NARUTO and countless others. Sometimes you should really double check your statements before you go posting stuff... I mean its Right there...

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) - http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/
Yeah do Not really need to explain this one do I...
Mangafox doesn't host Shingeki no Kyojin.
Quote from: In a big red box on the page
The series Shingeki no Kyojin has been licensed, it is not available in Manga Fox.
And if you try to read one of the chapters it has listed farther down, it tells you it is licensed and won't show you any of the pages.

Sometimes you should really double check your statements before you go posting stuff.  :P
PRETTY SURE I AM FUCKING READING THE LATEST CHAPTER RIGHT NOW IN MANGAFOX!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:42:49 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

Man... I watched the intro to Steins;Gate and was totally turned off.  Anyone want to convince me it's worth seeing?
Mmm, let's see...
- It can get dramatic & gripping as well as down right hilarious. Personally wasn't bored through out my watch.
-Time traveling & alternate time line shenanigans that has well defined solid set of rules as well as consequences.
- characterization build up is slow but effective enough. Almost everyone displays some depth beneath their eccentricities/idiosyncrasies.
- The earlier episodes is slow to build up steam sure, but was still entertaining throughout.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: August 10, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »

I was baffled at this MangaFox argument, so I looked and Attack on Titan is most definitely available there.

Also I finished Chapter 23 and weird shit has started happening again. I am satisfied.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: August 10, 2013, 08:02:44 pm »

I just sort of realized...

All the women in Initial D are motivated by men... Odd.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: August 10, 2013, 08:41:46 pm »

FTFY. I need to catch up on that anime sometime.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: August 10, 2013, 08:46:57 pm »

How's the anime compare to the manga?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: August 10, 2013, 08:51:22 pm »

Sorry, just proving a point...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: August 10, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »

Huh. Now that is strange.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait. I think I know the problem, it's licensed in the US, but not in [other parts of the world], so if you are reading from there, it doesn't block you, but if you are reading from the US, it does. Well, that's my guess anyways.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »

How's the anime compare to the manga?

As far as I know it follows the manga pretty faithfully, and there's minimal filler despite the fact the manga is still ongoing and the anime could risk catching up completely and run out of plot. They have some tricks to shave time off like consistent recaps of past episodes that lasts a couple minutes each episode, and cliffhangers (cliffhangers at all the most gripping moments. You love 'em and hate 'em) but there's still plenty of substance in each episode. No swimsuit episodes or random deviations from the main storyline.

If you're reading the manga already you wouldn't miss out on plot stuff, but the animation and art and scenes in the anime make it worth watching anyway, in my opinion. There is some awesome moments.

Sorry, just proving a point...
It's cool, don't worry about it. I didn't read the page anyway, no spoilers for me, nothing to worry 'bout. Probably no big plot points or anything ruined for anyone.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 2193