Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078693 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14430 on: August 09, 2013, 11:26:48 am »

Arpeggio of Blue Steel is getting an anime.

Here's a preview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30GHXmIyWJk

Tsundere heavy cruiser Takao, the flagship of my heart.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: August 09, 2013, 11:39:55 am »

Then suddenly there's a scene transition exactly like 24 that comes out of nowhere. My sides have been split.
24 is pretty popular in Japan.

Here's a preview.
I was kind of interested in reading the manga, that PV though holy crap the CGI...the CGI...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14432 on: August 09, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

Here's a preview.
I was kind of interested in reading the manga, that PV though holy crap the CGI...the CGI...
[/quote]

Thats too much CGI for me and this is looking like a meh for me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14433 on: August 09, 2013, 03:38:29 pm »

Huh I thought they would have moe-anthropomorphic mecha sooner.

Spoiler: HIGHLY RELEVANT (click to show/hide)

I love you <3
What is that?

EDIT: Watching Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:44:25 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14434 on: August 09, 2013, 04:03:03 pm »

I read the first four chapters of Attack on Titan.

This stuff is fucked up, man.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: August 10, 2013, 08:09:15 am »

I must agree to an extent. I also must say, however, that I quite enjoy it and the premise that seems unique to me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: August 10, 2013, 10:39:45 am »

I must agree to an extent. I also must say, however, that I quite enjoy it and the premise that seems unique to me.
It gets better. SO MUCH BETTER. By which I mean worse-better. In a good way, not a bad way. Now I'm talking like some sort of villain who reverses their usage of "good" and "bad" for the sake of a silly theme.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: August 10, 2013, 10:41:37 am »

Sadly I haven't been seeing any new or old Manga that might interest anyone, including me. As not much has come out that's attracting my attention as much as many of the other ones...
BUT...

If you are looking for something, a style or maybe a certain "Plot" (a term I will use very loosely), let me know, I might be able to point you towards some good and such Manga out there...

Though I wonder if I have shared this one yet...

Big Order - http://mangafox.me/manga/big_order/

Site Blurb -
A new manga by the creator of Mirai Nikki and Hanako to Guuwa no Tera. The main character Hoshimiya Eiji is an introverted high school boy that secretly wishes for the destruction of the world.

Personal Blurb -
Gonna expand on the aforementioned blurb from the site. Big Order is about a Young Man who lives in a world where amazing "Gifts" have been given to people all around the world. In the form of Wishes people have gained amazing powers and fortune. Say for example you wished for Money, your power would be that of being able to Successfully get your hands on any amount with realtive ease, such as if you robbed a bank for example. Other wishes could be great strength and so forth. For the young man, what he wished for ended up destroying a huge chunk of the world, fearful of his power due to an accident with his family he refused to ever use it again. The world not knowing who it was that caused this catastrophe also marked him as the ultimate villain though they can't point to him exactly...
Things change when a new Transfer comes to his class though, as they always do...
Oh yeah, did I mention that the one that had been giving these powers to people seems to tag along with him for some reason, but that's only for a few chapters. Confusing slightly there...
What is his actual power though? Well... Sometimes you need to be the badguy to save the world...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: August 10, 2013, 11:00:01 am »

Your description made it sound much more lighthearted than the first thirds of the first chapter actually are.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: August 10, 2013, 11:01:58 am »

Your description made it sound much more lighthearted than the first thirds of the first chapter actually are.
Its kinda odd though, the manga switches between the two...

EDIT::
Ah
Found one that is great...
Also... Attack on Titan Manga for those interested...

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) - http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/
Yeah do Not really need to explain this one do I...

Nanatsu no Taizai - http://mangafox.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/
Site Blurb -
The "Seven Deadly Sins", a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, daughter of the king, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins", and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

Personal Blurb -
Now this one is great, don't need to explain much as the Site's Blurb is perfect for explain it...
Though, be warned, there is a bit of Ecchi moments, and the main character is kinda grabby towards the Princess. Butt, Boob, everything. But nothing too NSFW mind you. Still, be warned...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:13:43 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14440 on: August 10, 2013, 11:49:33 am »

I finished chapter 20 of AoT last night. It's getting a little boring. Not much crazy shit is going on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:24 pm »

Mangafox doesn't host series with licensed translations. Try this instead.

Also, PoH, you're in something of a lull before another big reveal. Not going to spoil more than that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: August 10, 2013, 02:20:07 pm »

Mangafox doesn't host series with licensed translations. Try this instead.

Also, PoH, you're in something of a lull before another big reveal. Not going to spoil more than that.
Um.........
Did you even look at my last post???
Shingeki no Kyojin, FIRST DAMN LINK...
Sorry if I sound angry, I am just annoyed that you stated that with such a sure sounding way. Yes Mangafox doesn't host SOME Licensed Manga, but then again it hosts ONE PIECE, NARUTO and countless others. Sometimes you should really double check your statements before you go posting stuff... I mean its Right there...

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) - http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/
Yeah do Not really need to explain this one do I...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14443 on: August 10, 2013, 02:50:14 pm »

Sadly I haven't been seeing any new or old Manga that might interest anyone, including me. As not much has come out that's attracting my attention as much as many of the other ones...
BUT...

If you are looking for something, a style or maybe a certain "Plot" (a term I will use very loosely), let me know, I might be able to point you towards some good and such Manga out there...

Though I wonder if I have shared this one yet...

Big Order - http://mangafox.me/manga/big_order/

Site Blurb -
A new manga by the creator of Mirai Nikki and Hanako to Guuwa no Tera. The main character Hoshimiya Eiji is an introverted high school boy that secretly wishes for the destruction of the world.

Personal Blurb -
Gonna expand on the aforementioned blurb from the site. Big Order is about a Young Man who lives in a world where amazing "Gifts" have been given to people all around the world. In the form of Wishes people have gained amazing powers and fortune. Say for example you wished for Money, your power would be that of being able to Successfully get your hands on any amount with realtive ease, such as if you robbed a bank for example. Other wishes could be great strength and so forth. For the young man, what he wished for ended up destroying a huge chunk of the world, fearful of his power due to an accident with his family he refused to ever use it again. The world not knowing who it was that caused this catastrophe also marked him as the ultimate villain though they can't point to him exactly...
Things change when a new Transfer comes to his class though, as they always do...
Oh yeah, did I mention that the one that had been giving these powers to people seems to tag along with him for some reason, but that's only for a few chapters. Confusing slightly there...
What is his actual power though? Well... Sometimes you need to be the badguy to save the world...
Well, after 4 chapters, I have concluded that this manga institutes major changes to the plotline at least one every chapter.

And usually without warning. It's very confusing.

EDIT: you know someone's an accidental pervert when you see the something like the bottom of this page. (No, it's not ecchi, don't worry.)

http://www.mangareader.net/209-14848-15/mahou-sensei-negima/chapter-15.html

And the kid's 10. TEN.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:54:54 pm by Doomblade187 »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: August 10, 2013, 03:04:37 pm »

That's what happens when you read those.
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 2193