Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078757 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14400 on: August 02, 2013, 01:00:54 pm »

:3

It just keeps on going

VECTOR. VeCtoR, wHat have you Done to me
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:38 pm »

Are there any decent war anime out there? And I mean anime about actual war, not just set during a war. Preferably one that isn't mecha, but thats not important, really.

Ones I managed to remember that I've already seen:
LotGH
Gundam
Robotech
Blue Gender

Watch/read Zipang. Anime is sadly horribly unfinished.

Or you could watch war anime from insane 4°C studio - First Squad/Perviy Otrjad

They have both the joining link in WW2, but they are nothing alike.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: August 02, 2013, 02:26:39 pm »

Are there any decent war anime out there? And I mean anime about actual war, not just set during a war. Preferably one that isn't mecha, but thats not important, really.

Here is something for ya from the Manga World...
And for everyone else...

Ares - http://mangafox.me/manga/ares/

Site Blurb -
The story takes place in an era similar to that of ancient Rome in a country called Cronos. It follows a group known as the Temple Mercenaries. In particular, the manhwa is about Ares, Michael and Baroona, three young warriors with mysterious pasts and surpassing skills...

The manhwa is notable for its subtle use of anachronistic elements (Ares' shoes are similar to that of classic Adidas), as well as very dynamic and fluid action sequences.

Personal Blurb -
Now I read this ages ago, and it sadly hasn't been updated since 2011, BUT, its quite good. The amount of combat and movements that each character makes is wonderful and the story feels like one of those Wartime JRPRTS Games (Japanese Role Playing Real Time Strategy) that just draws you in like they did back in the day, or for me anyway. The Art is quite nice along with how each character 'speaks' as it gives them the perfect personalities to match their combat skills. Give it a try anyway...

Ryuurouden - http://mangafox.me/manga/ryuurouden/
Site Blurb -
A shounen story where 2 teenagers went back in time to the "Three Kingdoms" period of China. An entertaining action series with some light moment & a bit of romance. You also get to learn a bit about that era.

From JanKenPon:
Middle schoolers, Shiro and Masumi, encountered a mysterious dragon that brought them back to the time of the Three Kingdoms; situated in ancient China. As soon as they arrived, they were rescued by the Han Kingdom. Not long after these events, Masumi was kidnapped and Shiro barely escaped death... Soon the story gets more complicated as they are stuck in the past.

Personal Blurb -
I have already posted this a while ago, with a collection of other timetravel manga about young people being dragged back into the timelines of Romance of the Three Kingdoms or Sengoku Jedai (wait did I spell that right...) Still a great read...

Anatolia Story - http://mangafox.me/manga/anatolia_story/
Site Blurb -
Yuri lived the peaceful, average teenage life until Queen Nakia drew Yuri across time and space into the ancient Hittite Empire to use her as a sacrifice! Yuri meets many different friends throughout her journey to find a way home, but when the season of the North Star comes, enabling Prince Kail to send Yuri home, can she make it back, or have her growing feelings for Kail become too much? Check out Anatolia Story to find out!

Personal Blurb -
I think I included this with the Timetravel manga collection a while ago, but gonna post this regardless, goes back to the Hittite era where Turkey was not Turkey and Iron Ore was an unknown substance. See some real Primitive combat and stuff here...

TriPeace - http://mangafox.me/manga/tripeace/
Site Blurb -
Nana, a young boy suffering from extreme amnesia, has forgotten his real name. After helplessly witnessing the unjust death of three children during one of his trips, he vows to eradicate all wars of the surface of the earth.

He then joined Tripeace, a small group of activists whose members use all kinds of weapons and will stop at nothing, not even the violence, bring peace to the world. But soon, the new registration number 102078 of Tripeace is faced with a dilemma: can we protect the peace at any price?

Personal Blurb -
Ok this one Starts great, goes funny weird (Main character Crossdresses a alot) and then sadly ends with the "OH SHIT MANGA IS GETTING SHUT DOWN GOTTA FINISH" endings sadly. But still great read...

Sorry I ain't putting much heart into it atm, its late late and need to go to bed...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:14 pm »

Ones I managed to remember that I've already seen:
LotGH
Gundam
Robotech
Blue Gender
Watch/read Zipang. Anime is sadly horribly unfinished.
Or you could watch war anime from insane 4°C studio - First Squad/Perviy Otrjad
They have both the joining link in WW2, but they are nothing alike.
Oh hey these both look really cool.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14404 on: August 02, 2013, 03:36:51 pm »

I've been turning into a big manga fan lately, so thanks for those! And the anime too. At least one of those two look interesting.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:46 pm »

I've been turning into a big manga fan lately, so thanks for those! And the anime too. At least one of those two look interesting.
You should totally look into "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer". That's probably one of the few manga that I've read that I really wished had some kind of anime adaptation. It's not super long, and has a giant hammer in space that is waiting to destroy Earth, so it can't be bad, right?

Also, possibly the best anime gif:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:09:00 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14406 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »

You should totally look into "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer". That's probably one of the few manga that I've read that I really wished had some kind of anime adaptation. It's not super long, and has a giant hammer in space that is waiting to destroy Earth, so it can't be bad, right?

Access Denied
The owner of this website (funnymama.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/store/130731/200592_v0_600x.gif). (Ref. 1011)

Timestamp: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:07:02 -0700

Your IP address:

Requested URL: funnymama.com/store/130731/200592_v0_600x.gif

Error reference number: 1011

Server ID: FL_15F7

Process ID: PID_97f1bd1c62403d0

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: August 02, 2013, 08:09:18 pm »

Access Denied
The owner of this website (funnymama.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/store/130731/200592_v0_600x.gif). (Ref. 1011)

Timestamp: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:07:02 -0700

Your IP address:

Requested URL: funnymama.com/store/130731/200592_v0_600x.gif

Error reference number: 1011

Server ID: FL_15F7

Process ID: PID_97f1bd1c62403d0

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36

That's what I get for trying to steal images off of the internet. fixed :S
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: August 02, 2013, 10:24:48 pm »

That is pure class right there.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: August 02, 2013, 10:28:24 pm »

For some reason i just can't stop watching it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: August 02, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »

Probably because it is a really good dance on its own and the muzzle flashes only emphasize this.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: August 02, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »

It gets better. (Because everything with music is better. Plus the leek polka song with gunshot sounds in it is just great.)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: August 03, 2013, 09:42:04 am »

It gets better. (Because everything with music is better. Plus the leek polka song with gunshot sounds in it is just great.)
Sorry I do not see any problems with this image/vid. This is how all characters shoot isn't it...

Regardless..
Nearly 2 weeks of waiting for the newest Onepunch-Man chapter to come out. Find out its only 11pages long. STILL WORTH IT...

Spoiler: SO FUCKING (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: WORTH IT... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:44:55 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: August 03, 2013, 09:17:07 pm »

I like the little sound effect note for "punch" in the corner there. It just seems so anticlimactic compared to the artwork.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: August 03, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »

Also, I just read the wikipedia article on it, and saw the 'killer daily workout' description. And then I realized that probably a lot of athletes can probably easily do more than that each day. The 10k a day thing is probably the only 'killer' about it. So I'm gonna have to call superpowers there.

And yeah, that sfx trans note just looks so out of place...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 2193