Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078752 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14385 on: August 01, 2013, 06:30:41 pm »

Mind you the first one did SOME things in interesting ways.

Absolutely. It did some neat things, it did some things not so neat. Some things were awesome, some things were kind of silly and stupid. Fanfiction. Decent fanfiction, anyway.

Also, Zangi's got it down, I'd go with that. Are you sure that nothing prior to ep. 25 is changed for B1-10, though? Like some plot point that will confuse everyone? If not, then that's probably the best recommendation.
I watched to compare when I posted that. There are minor differences as mentioned, but overall, the plot is the same as the manga.  The original just had more episodes to flesh things out, which is part of the reason why it is better then B1-10, but not the main reason.
So yea, you can always watch B1-10 after Original 1-25 if you want to compare, if you are curious/have the time.  Its just Original 1-25 is going to give a better impression of FMA in my opinion.

But I love the first FMA Brotherhood OP.  :(
I'm not saying its bad.... >.>  I just like the Original OP more.
Walking around pure opinion territory.  :P
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: August 01, 2013, 06:35:18 pm »

Well there are animes out there where one of three things happen
1) The anime is legitimately better
2) The anime is different but stands on its own then the Manga.
3) The anime isn't necessarily better, but it fleshes things out a lot better then the Manga, especially when it comes to the side characters.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14387 on: August 01, 2013, 07:36:49 pm »

Well there are animes out there where one of three things happen
1) The anime is legitimately better
2) The anime is different but stands on its own then the Manga.
3) The anime isn't necessarily better, but it fleshes things out a lot better then the Manga, especially when it comes to the side characters.

4) The anime is different but terrible.
5) The anime is the same but poorly executed and not worth watching.

There are crappy anime adaptations, after all.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: August 01, 2013, 07:51:53 pm »

Indeed and I watched sooo many of them.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:29 pm »

You're forgetting

6) The anime is good, but overruns the manga and the writers shoehorn in a terrible false ending/truckloads of terrible filler.

Also, mein Gott, those colors. That crispness. That's it, next chance I get I'm sitting down and marathoning the Madoka movies.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: August 01, 2013, 11:02:11 pm »

I can now say that I have watched the first episode of Lucky Star. I can see the appeal. Konata the main character plays loads of vidyah games and watches anime, that's an automatic connection with at least 50% of the potential viewing audience.  :P Also dat intro is hypnotizing.

Probably my first time really watching a "slice of life" anime, I never realized how Seinfeldian these kinds of shows could be. Lucky Star spends almost the first seven minutes of the first episode on an in depth discussion of how to eat food, yet it's oddly enjoyable.

Also tried watching Nichijou. For being called "my Ordinary Life" the show is crazy wack, dawg. It's like Lucky Star on weed, man. Within the first couple minutes I saw a dude with an afro, a dude with a mohawk, explosions, a dude riding a goat, and a weenie flying through a mohawk at mach speed. There is no sense, context, or meaning to its absurd off-the-chain randomness yet it's hilarious in its absurdity. It has a pretty neat art style too.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: August 01, 2013, 11:09:58 pm »

You're forgetting

6) The anime is good, but overruns the manga and the writers shoehorn in a terrible false ending/truckloads of terrible filler.

Also, mein Gott, those colors. That crispness. That's it, next chance I get I'm sitting down and marathoning the Madoka movies.

It is one of the many reasons why a LOT of anime (I would even go as far as to say most anime that doesn't outright suck) have what I like to call the "Devolve Factor"

Sure, you can find an anime that is good throughout and has a lot of quality... but can you have one that doesn't just devolve into a mess before the end?

Heck Dagan Rampa a visual novel-esk game I love... quite a bit... But even that just sort of devolved.

Now the worst anime for Devolving is hard to quantify... Since some animes devolve steadily and thus you get a long period of the plot and narrative dissolving into a pile of goo. Then you get that just turn right near the end into a indistinguishable mess right there at the end (or have one REALLY bad crazy season). It is sort of like Yakkate Japan versus Rurouni Kenshin: One had a whole season where it just sort of devolved into total nonsense and the other had the most What the heck adventure.

But that is why I came up with this saying: When it comes down to it, writing a story is a completely different skill then just writing an ending.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:24:49 pm by Neonivek »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »

I can now say that I have watched the first episode of Lucky Star. I can see the appeal. Konata the main character plays loads of vidyah games and watches anime, that's an automatic connection with at least 50% of the potential viewing audience.  :P Also dat intro is hypnotizing.

Probably my first time really watching a "slice of life" anime, I never realized how Seinfeldian these kinds of shows could be. Lucky Star spends almost the first seven minutes of the first episode on an in depth discussion of how to eat food, yet it's oddly enjoyable.

Also tried watching Nichijou. For being called "my Ordinary Life" the show is crazy wack, dawg. It's like Lucky Star on weed, man. Within the first couple minutes I saw a dude with an afro, a dude with a mohawk, explosions, a dude riding a goat, and a weenie flying through a mohawk at mach speed. There is no sense, context, or meaning to its absurd off-the-chain randomness yet it's hilarious in its absurdity. It has a pretty neat art style too.
Nichijou is special, special that each episode gets loonier and loonier.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:40 pm »

Neo I'm not trying to critisize you here but... have you considered googling words/titles you're having trouble spelling n  order to make sure prior to pressing the post button? Apologies, it just seems really jump out at me whenever you have difficulties with that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14394 on: August 01, 2013, 11:25:23 pm »

Neo I'm not trying to critisize you here but... have you considered googling words/titles you're having trouble spelling n  order to make sure prior to pressing the post button? Apologies, it just seems really jump out at me whenever you have difficulties with that.

Fixed... Usually I don't bother because they are so esoteric that google wont' know what I am talking about.

Which is sad when I am trying to find a REALLY obscure title.

---

I love anime but between my Horrible taste and my horrible luck and my horrible "It can be good, even though it wont" having an anime that is good, stays good, and doesn't hit the devolve factor HARD is tough.

Honestly if you want to find the one bad anime in a list, just get me to pick it.

---

I find if funny that Initial D always seems to at least half-consider Street Racing a bad thing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:48:49 am by Neonivek »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: August 02, 2013, 11:56:58 am »

Just watched the first episode of Nekomonogatari White and its beautiful.

It opens up with the depressing life of Hanekawa. Then we get an implication that Araragi kidnaps Mayoi(the loli for those uninformed). Hanekawa then becomes the straight man to Senjogahara's jokes. We also see Senjogahara go full dere on Hanekawa. Then she goes yuri for Hanekawa with alot of posing in her underwear. The next episode probably opens up with them in the shower.

I think that this all happens after the events of Kabukimonogatari or during the events of Hanamonogatari.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14396 on: August 02, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »

Are there any decent war anime out there? And I mean anime about actual war, not just set during a war. Preferably one that isn't mecha, but thats not important, really.

Ones I managed to remember that I've already seen:
LotGH
Gundam
Robotech
Blue Gender

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14397 on: August 02, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »

Are there any decent war anime out there? And I mean anime about actual war, not just set during a war. Preferably one that isn't mecha, but thats not important, really.

...  .........
SaiKano
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14398 on: August 02, 2013, 12:49:48 pm »

...  .........
SaiKano
Seen it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: August 02, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »

...  .........
SaiKano

:3

It just keeps on going
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 2193