Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078755 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14370 on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:17 pm »

Neyvn's a wonderful person who brings light into the darkest corners of something something thanks for the links.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14371 on: July 31, 2013, 06:29:55 pm »

YAY!!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14372 on: August 01, 2013, 12:48:17 am »

Should I watch original series Fullmetal Alchemist or skip straight to Brotherhood?
 I feel like I've asked this before.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14373 on: August 01, 2013, 12:52:19 am »

Should I watch original series Fullmetal Alchemist or skip straight to Brotherhood?
Either way is fine. I watched the original before I got to Brotherhood. Brotherhood is better, if I remember right, or at least in my opinion, and I like to save the best for last.

Now that I think about it, you should probably watch the original first. The endings are important.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14374 on: August 01, 2013, 12:55:29 am »

I just remember a few scattered episodes and scenes from watching it when it was on TV many years ago.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14375 on: August 01, 2013, 12:56:20 am »

Okay. Watch the original first. I never finished Brotherhood I think. ((I think?!))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14376 on: August 01, 2013, 02:38:31 am »

My opinion is start with Brotherhood.

Both animes cover the same ground and like Dragon Ball Kai you can end up experiencing the exact same material in everyway that counts.

Or rather... they aren't that different.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14377 on: August 01, 2013, 04:30:41 am »

The original is wildly divergent after it lost the manga, and the plots, conclusion, character identities, all sorts of stuff are nowhere near the same. Brotherhood follows the manga and has a consistent plot with a proper conclusion and better integrity. Just consider the original something like a fanfiction AU of the series (with a good bit of what that entails), with Brotherhood being the proper version. Because of that, you may wish to watch Brotherhood first so you don't spoil yourself, as Brotherhood tends to have better quality everything and it would be best to experience the series that way the first time around.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14378 on: August 01, 2013, 04:32:25 am »

Mind you the first one did SOME things in interesting ways.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14379 on: August 01, 2013, 07:25:09 am »

Here is my copy-pasta recommendation:

Original FMA, up to episode 25.
FMA: Brotherhood, episode 10 and beyond.
Episode 25(and some of 24) and episode B10 is the same episode, but I'd watch it anyways to ease into Brotherhood.
There will of course be some contradictions since the original FMA did not follow the manga as closely as Brotherhood does.

The original's first 25 episodes is much more satisfying and better paced then 1-10 of brotherhood.
Intro/End Songs of original are way better too.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14380 on: August 01, 2013, 11:44:23 am »

Mind you the first one did SOME things in interesting ways.

Absolutely. It did some neat things, it did some things not so neat. Some things were awesome, some things were kind of silly and stupid. Fanfiction. Decent fanfiction, anyway.

Also, Zangi's got it down, I'd go with that. Are you sure that nothing prior to ep. 25 is changed for B1-10, though? Like some plot point that will confuse everyone? If not, then that's probably the best recommendation.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14381 on: August 01, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »

But I love the first FMA Brotherhood OP.  :(

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14382 on: August 01, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »

Woot, just watched the first Madoka movie! (There are two out right now..the first covers the first 8 episodes, while the second covers the remaining 4 episodes...the third movie coming out in October will feature new content.) It was super good, better than I was expecting, even. There wasn't really any new content, but all the animation was much better, sharper, and there was a ton more detail in the scenes (particularly in the backdrops). Overall, it was beautiful! There wasn't really anything cut down to shorten it that bothered me much, the pacing of the movie was much quicker (a good thing) than the series. The only things that I am sad they left out were:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The music and transformation scenes were all improved a bit too, to bring them in line with the rest of the movie.

It was great! I'm sad I didn't go see it while it was in theaters, now. Here's a few screenshots I saved for wallpapers, if anyone wants to see the difference in the style a bit: http://imgur.com/a/hYqa9

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14383 on: August 01, 2013, 06:13:55 pm »

Holy crap.  I liked the soft and fuzzy look a bit better, but the colors... those are nice, and if they changed the pacing...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14384 on: August 01, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »

Holy crap.  I liked the soft and fuzzy look a bit better, but the colors... those are nice, and if they changed the pacing...
Those were both from Mami's transformation, or right before it, so they aren't totally representative of the majority of the show. But the pacing was way better, simply because you didn't have to sit through 3 entire episodes to get to the actual show. A lot of Madoka's painful to sit through conversations with her mother and the school scenes where nothing happens but psychic conversation were dropped.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 2193