Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079096 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14340 on: July 27, 2013, 10:26:42 am »

I saw this and I just had to share it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: July 28, 2013, 07:19:16 am »

The 2nd opening for Shingeki no Kyojin... is not as great.  Too much hope, not enough... anger?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: July 28, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »

The 2nd opening for Shingeki no Kyojin... is not as great.  Too much hope, not enough... anger?
What is this "hope" you speak of?
It sounds like something the Titan's ate.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: July 28, 2013, 01:57:08 pm »

RWBY ep2 is up. http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more

Disappointed that it's a 5min introduction of the other character and a guy who may become Ruby's bumbling sidekick.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: July 28, 2013, 02:12:45 pm »

Well actually from what is known of the plot hes likely to become one of the most skilled cast members somehow
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: July 28, 2013, 02:13:18 pm »

Finished Season 1 of Initial D

And it went from being one of my potential "Best animes I ever seen" list and kind of fell flat.

Lets just explain this for a second though. The main character is a Mary Sue, he is a super genius who never has to work. Now there are other animes where this also happens. Master Cooking Boy, which I love, also features a super genius who never needs to really work. Yet Master Cooking Boy sustains itself off its other elements and Mao is actually an entertaining protagonist.

To sort of understand what the protagonist of Initial D is like... Imagine someone who is constantly under the effects of Tranqs. He just drones on and on and sleeps through everything. He is a entertainment blackhole, even light cannot escape. Everyone around him work constantly and very hard on their skills, but he never as much as practiced once in the span of the anime.

The ONLY good thing about Initial D is its races. Which is good enough that it certainly is a good anime, I like watching it and want to see where this thing goes. But it just doesn't make it on my favorites list. It was really close though.

Note: I am watching the English dub... so that could make a huge difference.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:30:53 pm by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14346 on: July 28, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »

What is this "hope" you speak of?
It sounds like something the Titan's ate.
I mean the music... does it not ooze of hope and 'not getting eaten by Titans' to you?  It also has an imperialistic tone to it too, but that fits.

Well actually from what is known of the plot hes likely to become one of the most skilled cast members somehow
Like half of the other anime that have a bumbling male character in the first few episodes.  He will become 'awesome' and Little Red Riding Hood will fall for him hard.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14347 on: July 28, 2013, 03:41:29 pm »

Finished Season 1 of Initial D

And it went from being one of my potential "Best animes I ever seen" list and kind of fell flat.

Lets just explain this for a second though. The main character is a Mary Sue, he is a super genius who never has to work. Now there are other animes where this also happens. Master Cooking Boy, which I love, also features a super genius who never needs to really work. Yet Master Cooking Boy sustains itself off its other elements and Mao is actually an entertaining protagonist.

To sort of understand what the protagonist of Initial D is like... Imagine someone who is constantly under the effects of Tranqs. He just drones on and on and sleeps through everything. He is a entertainment blackhole, even light cannot escape. Everyone around him work constantly and very hard on their skills, but he never as much as practiced once in the span of the anime.

The ONLY good thing about Initial D is its races. Which is good enough that it certainly is a good anime, I like watching it and want to see where this thing goes. But it just doesn't make it on my favorites list. It was really close though.

Note: I am watching the English dub... so that could make a huge difference.
You wouldn't leave it on your list after season 1 anyways, the animations for the driving scenes for whatever reason got worse i mean REALLY worse. They turned up the CGI way too high it started looking like a crappy video game.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:56:04 pm by Tellemurius »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: July 28, 2013, 04:06:47 pm »

The song is called Wings of Freedom so it's not gonna be entirely negative.  It's not as intense as the first but I like the counterattack riff in the middle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: July 28, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »

I find the full version of it sounds a lot better. Also I love all that glorious forshadowing thats been in the second ending.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14350 on: July 28, 2013, 04:30:49 pm »

You wouldn't it on your list after season 1 anyways, the animations for the driving scenes for whatever reason got worse i mean REALLY worse. They turned up the CGI way too high it started looking like a crappy video game

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why!?! It was the only thing going for it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:03:33 pm by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14351 on: July 28, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »

I find the full version of it sounds a lot better. Also I love all that glorious forshadowing thats been in the second ending.
Huh, it has part of the old OP embedded into it too.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14352 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:02 am »

Everyone around him work constantly and very hard on their skills, but he never as much as practiced once in the span of the anime.
He's been taking tofu deliveries over the mountain since he was in middle school. From what I understand, he had a really hard time doing it at first, but with half a decade of practice on what is supposedly one of the roughest courses in the area, its natural that he'd gain some talent. The second season its addressed when he joins the traveling drift team. In pretty much the entire first season he's just racing the same course, the one he's so used to, so he gets a rude awakening when he realises he needs to learn these new courses in advance. There's whole episodes dedicated to him learning the new course he's heading to.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14353 on: July 29, 2013, 08:51:03 am »

Everyone around him work constantly and very hard on their skills, but he never as much as practiced once in the span of the anime.
He's been taking tofu deliveries over the mountain since he was in middle school. From what I understand, he had a really hard time doing it at first, but with half a decade of practice on what is supposedly one of the roughest courses in the area, its natural that he'd gain some talent. The second season its addressed when he joins the traveling drift team. In pretty much the entire first season he's just racing the same course, the one he's so used to, so he gets a rude awakening when he realises he needs to learn these new courses in advance. There's whole episodes dedicated to him learning the new course he's heading to.

That and the second season focuses on him a lot less, and focuses more on the other characters. And what we do see of the main character, it's shown he's obsessed with practicing, having practically no social life outside of it, and still feeling like he's worse than his dad.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: July 29, 2013, 02:15:18 pm »

He's been taking tofu deliveries over the mountain since he was in middle school. From what I understand, he had a really hard time doing it at first, but with half a decade of practice on what is supposedly one of the roughest courses in the area, its natural that he'd gain some talent

Which he did without trying because he is bored and pushed his driving very slowly... Now this would be good as a sort of head start for the character but no, he is now miles ahead of everyone else.

He didn't gain "Some talent" he gained super talent that allowed him to never need to try again. Anytime anything new comes up that could use some practice, he doesn't do any. Whenever he needs to do a new technique he doesn't need to practice he just does it.

He is Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh GX without the personality. (All of Jaden's practice and training is entirely contained in the past. He never does any afterwards)

Which is funny because in ANOTHER anime he would flat out be the villain. The Bored Prodigy that is better then everyone else without really trying and doesn't practice or prepare?

That and the second season focuses on him a lot less, and focuses more on the other characters. And what we do see of the main character, it's shown he's obsessed with practicing, having practically no social life outside of it, and still feeling like he's worse than his dad.

Well that is good, because everyone else was a lot more interesting then he is... But it sounds like he might get more boring... I wanted a balance so he sounded serious.

Mind you that makes sense because the first season was ENTIRELY about him learning that he loves driving so he can take it seriously.

There's whole episodes dedicated to him learning the new course he's heading to

First season? Because if it is the first season he doesn't do that by practicing he does that by copying his opponent. He didn't have to work for that victory at all. Heck he copied their moves BETTER then they did.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:29:40 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2193