Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079626 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14070 on: July 01, 2013, 02:01:22 am »

I want to call it satire, although that might make it seem negative. It's a good kind of satire

No such thing sort of. It could be a light hearted parody with elements of satire though.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14071 on: July 01, 2013, 02:55:21 am »

Or you have Un, but then you wouldn't be able to hear anything.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14072 on: July 01, 2013, 04:44:10 am »

FINALLY it took a long time but Kindaichi finally had a good mystery. Sure it was short as heck (two episodes as opposed to the usual 3-4) but he managed to not have everyone die (even if he didn't stop the murder spree).

Now it just needs to keep that basic quality and have a few great episodes and I am hooked!

IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF KINDAUCHI SHOUNEN NO JIKENBO: The Detective cannot get through an opening between two bars because he won't angle his shoulders! Clearly quality animation.

Dang it Anime! I gave you a chance!

----

Have any of you ever wanted to inject the music from one anime into another just because it was better and would make watching it more interesting?

Every episode I just go "Dang, would Conan's theme go great here"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:29:46 am by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: July 01, 2013, 06:58:19 am »

Nope. Never did
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: July 01, 2013, 07:17:18 am »

Well I got to the end of the watchable series. It ended on a lot of stupid.

It was a pretty sad way for the series to end really... It was just starting its up swing, I actually thought the show was improving and then this constant stream of stupid.

I really want to see more since frankly I don't want to end the series on this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:23:30 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14075 on: July 01, 2013, 11:01:40 am »

Yeah I know how you feel.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14076 on: July 01, 2013, 12:21:20 pm »

I forgot to set my alarm. ;_;
Griffith did it.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: July 01, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

I want to call it satire, although that might make it seem negative. It's a good kind of satire

No such thing sort of. It could be a light hearted parody with elements of satire though.
Well, if you want to be completely grammatically correct about it. "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" is a semi-drama-comedy-slice-of-life-thing based around interactions between introverts and extroverts in a high school.

It's unique in how it looks in depth into the psychological motivations and differences between the two groups, and stuff. It's more thought provoking than most of the love-triangle animes set in high schools I could think of and just the fact it includes and addresses introverted and less sociable "loners" as compared to "normal people" in the show is pretty impressive. I feel like the topic of extroversion and introversion is otherwise unaddressed most of the time.

Long story short, it's good, man.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14078 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:44 pm »

Well, if you want to be completely grammatically correct about it. "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" is a semi-drama-comedy-slice-of-life-thing based around interactions between introverts and extroverts in a high school.

It's unique in how it looks in depth into the psychological motivations and differences between the two groups, and stuff. It's more thought provoking than most of the love-triangle animes set in high schools I could think of and just the fact it includes and addresses introverted and less sociable "loners" as compared to "normal people" in the show is pretty impressive. I feel like the topic of extroversion and introversion is otherwise unaddressed most of the time.

Long story short, it's good, man.
Do they favour either side, or is it more analytical?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: July 02, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »

It's focused more on the members of the Service Club, who are all introverts or "weird" or different in some way, while the "normal" not lonely people are at first portrayed negatively. As the series goes on it becomes more neutral as the introvert group develops friendships and "grow in character"and stuff.

I'd say it's analytically portrayed though. The snarky narrator tends to do that about both the lonely and not lonely sides.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14080 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:43 pm »

Maybe I will give it a go it then. At first I got the impression that it was sort of a hate letter to "normal" people, which doesn't sound fun to watch.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: July 02, 2013, 06:28:30 pm »

Maybe I will give it a go it then. At first I got the impression that it was sort of a hate letter to "normal" people, which doesn't sound fun to watch.
The first episode starts kinda "hatey" with the narrator's opening essay but that's more than likely to set the example of how antisocial the narrator starts off in the series.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »

So the next Gundam series seems to be based off those gundam mangas that take place in the real world where people play simulations arcade games using their model kits....  I'm not sure what to think about this. Ah well at least some neat models should come out of it, and seeing the suits from different continuities fighting each other in animation should be neat, not to mention the sidestory MS showing up seeing that the Blue Destiny 1, Knight Gundam, and the Bearguy were in that trailer.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:36:15 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: July 03, 2013, 02:30:50 pm »

CUSTOM ROBOOOOOO

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: July 03, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »

Welp I've decided I'm looking forward to it, and for the serious stuff there's still the Last episode of Unicorn, along with the Gundam The Origin anime they say they're making, along with that thing Tomino's been making.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 2193