Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079647 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14055 on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:14 am »

I haven't seen Spirited Away since i was like 7. Those were good times, i should watch it again. At least i think it was Spirited Away i saw, damn it to hell my memory is so hazy, all i remember is Spike Spiegel's hair.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:35:30 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Nagelfar^^

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14056 on: June 27, 2013, 02:28:30 am »

Short answer: No
Long answer: No I don't like anime
Nothing is more graphical than a person's imagination, which is the graphics card that DF uses.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14057 on: June 27, 2013, 02:33:02 am »

*shrug* Thats okay.

Nagelfar^^

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14058 on: June 27, 2013, 03:42:19 am »

But I don't dislike people for liking anime if that's any consolation  8)
Nothing is more graphical than a person's imagination, which is the graphics card that DF uses.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14059 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:40 am »

So, since you're around, why don't you explain why you don't like anime?

Nagelfar^^

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: June 27, 2013, 04:02:12 am »

Well.. I can't say I don't like anime per se, as I would have to actually have watched/read anime to form a nuanced opinion.

I guess the genre doesn't really speak to me that much, and I haven't really been giving it a try because... well.. because I don't watch cartoons. I don't watch spongebob or dora the explorer neither  :P
to be fair.. I know anime is a big genre, and not only for kids. But i'm in no way intrigued by it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14061 on: June 27, 2013, 04:09:36 am »

I understand. Thanks for telling me that.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14062 on: June 30, 2013, 12:36:30 am »

I haven't seen Spirited Away since i was like 7. Those were good times, i should watch it again. At least i think it was Spirited Away i saw, damn it to hell my memory is so hazy, all i remember is Spike Spiegel's hair.

It came out in 2002, so that might help in determining if it's the one you saw. I do not recall Spike Spiegel's hair being in Spirited Away (which I rewatched recently for a class), unless you mean that all of your memories contain Spike Spiegel's hair, in which case all I can say is that they could contain worse things.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14063 on: June 30, 2013, 12:49:20 am »

It came out in 2002, so that might help in determining if it's the one you saw. I do not recall Spike Spiegel's hair being in Spirited Away (which I rewatched recently for a class), unless you mean that all of your memories contain Spike Spiegel's hair, in which case all I can say is that they could contain worse things.
Yeah i looked it up I'm about 98% sure it's what i saw. Yes by the way my memories do contain Spike Spiegel's hair. It's strange at times.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: June 30, 2013, 02:37:03 am »

So Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is pretty fantastic. From what I've seen of the comments section on Crunchyroll, if you like Attack on Titan, you'd probably like Gargantia too. It starts pretty WTF-y, but it explains more as it goes.

Think Waterworld meets Giant Japanese Space Mechs meets Zerg Rush, and you get a basic description of Gargantia's concept. Yeah, it sounds ridiculous at first, but it works. After binging on all 11 episodes available, I'd say it's quite good. It has some uber kawaii anime girls with swimsuit fanservice too. It's got aliens and boats and giant robots, totally manly men anime material, no fanservice, nope nope.

I've yet to check out Spirited Away, though I added it to my list.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14065 on: June 30, 2013, 04:54:30 am »

"The Cat Returns" Is another great Miyazaki movie. Not one of his louder ones, but it's one of my all-time favorites.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14066 on: June 30, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »

I've seen all the Studio Ghibli movies, and my favourite has to be Lupin III.

Also, Spike Spiegel's hair is in Spirited Away (thats the one I've watched the least)?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: June 30, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »

I absolutely adore Princess Mononoke, even more so than some of the other SG movies I love.

I think Steel might have meant that all he remembers from that age is Spike's hair, but it's funnier imagining Chihiro with his hair.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14068 on: June 30, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »

I think Steel might have meant that all he remembers from that age is Spike's hair, but it's funnier imagining Chihiro with his hair.
Yeah that's what i meant but i agree it is funnier and now I'm imagining all the things from my childhood with Spike's hair. I didn't have a bad childhood but it still was improved quite a bit to picture a stormtrooper with the hair.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: July 01, 2013, 01:57:43 am »

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU is an interesting take on the differences between extroverted people and introverted people, as well as including the obligatory anime cliches such as the romantic triangle, lots of tsundere, snarky and unreliable narration on par with Kyun from Melancholy of Haruhi, a high school setting, yaoi references, a swimsuit episode, and did I mention the tsundere? There's some tsundere in it. Also cute anime girls, but that seems required for any anime.

Anyway, it's enjoyable, funny, and the fixation on differences between the slightly awkward introverted loners that are the main characters and... the other "normal" people... are an excellent parody of the usual cliche of all high schoolers being perfectly happy social groupies. I want to call it satire, although that might make it seem negative. It's a good kind of satire.

While there's no giant robots or time traveling espers or man eating titans it does have the main character discussing his wanting to be reincarnated as a bear in the second episode. That's got to count for at least some factor of awesome.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 2193