Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079632 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14040 on: June 25, 2013, 04:48:32 am »

For all those so inclined, the third Berserk movie appears to have been released.

Did they ever continue that series? I know the anime stops very early in the series, but there have been animes that have been continued long after the original series has ended.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14041 on: June 25, 2013, 05:07:34 am »

The anime stopped at the end of the first arc and did not get continued beyond.
The plan of the movies is to extend past that point and eventually cover the entire series, if they are successful enough.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14042 on: June 25, 2013, 05:39:46 am »

I haven't watched any anime since around January to March but that's because nothing that has been airing recently has caught my attention and because I don't have the money right now to buy the series I want to buy. I kind of have a thing about not pirating anime that is licensed in the United States unless if it's not able to even be purchased used from a reseller of some kind, of which there are maybe a couple series I might want to check out if I can be bothered to watch them. I'm kind of fixated on a few I want to purchase so that's not helping at all with that part. Oh well, at the very least I might finally be able to get a copy of Eden of the East or Afro Samurai in a couple months if I'm able to get a new computer and a broom by that time.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14043 on: June 25, 2013, 05:45:56 am »

I kind of have a thing about not pirating anime that is licensed in the United States unless if it's not able to even be purchased used from a reseller of some kind

There was a series I watched all of, then bought, and somehow their quality was actually less then the fansubbers... and they never completed the series AND their dub is one of the worst dubs I ever heard.

It really sucks when something gets licensed but it is either abused or sat on. (Mermaid melody for example was licensed but nothing was ever done with it)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14044 on: June 25, 2013, 08:12:37 am »

That's one of the main reasons why I usually stick to fansubs and can count the series I own outright on the fingers of one hand. I'm not about to support companies that are incompetent, lazy, or greedy enough to charge money (usually quite a lot of it, too) for a product that's of lower quality than that released by a handful of people who did it for free.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14045 on: June 25, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »

For all those so inclined, the third Berserk movie appears to have been released.
The plan of the movies is to extend past that point and eventually cover the entire series, if they are successful enough.
Yaaaaay

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14046 on: June 25, 2013, 02:21:25 pm »

I've been eyeballing valvrave for a while, is it any good?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14047 on: June 25, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »

Hahahaha...no...

I've been reading a lot of JoJo lately, almost done with Part 2.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14048 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »

It went from promising, to horrible, to somewhat watchable, to wtf WHY?! You aren't edgy, deep, or anything. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE SUCH A STUPID HORRIBLE SCENE?! Why accompany it with that cheesy music?! And then it had absolutely no redeeming value.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14049 on: June 25, 2013, 04:13:02 pm »

I kind of have a thing about not pirating anime that is licensed in the United States unless if it's not able to even be purchased used from a reseller of some kind

There was a series I watched all of, then bought, and somehow their quality was actually less then the fansubbers... and they never completed the series AND their dub is one of the worst dubs I ever heard.
That's why I don't purchase titles I've watched as fansubs and also why if I'm going to make a purchase of anime, manga, or anything multimedia-related I read several reviews on the internet from various sources to decide if it would be a good purchase. There isn't any excuse to not take advantage of what the internet has to offer in regards to that in order to make a good purchase and if you're not doing that you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

Furthermore most of the fansubs I see these days are actually kind of poor compared to how they were a few years ago in my opinion, though that may also be largely due to the fact that too many people in this day and age have a lust for high definition everything and I cannot watch most fansubs that come out because of that and because of people encoding the videos in mp4 or some other non-Flash codec. My computer has a difficult time streaming anything that isn't FLV or SWF despite it's ability to play DVD-quality video, but then again that's only doable on my machine if it's actually on a DVD. I mean call me old fashioned but do we really need to watch videos twenty feet wide outside of a cinema?

Speaking of that I'm also kind of old-fashioned when it comes to the whole anime thing because I like being able take the disc or the tape and put it in the device I have which can play it before I watch it in the comfort of my own home. All this streaming nonsense just doesn't seem right to me. It may be the wave of the future but personally I don't like it and I never will like it because it just feels wrong to me to not have a hard copy of the anime I like watching so that I can watch it again and again without having to download enormous files or stream from sites that either shouldn't be streaming it because of the legality of the whole thing or end up taking my money every month for some stupid reason.

That's one of the main reasons why I usually stick to fansubs and can count the series I own outright on the fingers of one hand. I'm not about to support companies that are incompetent, lazy, or greedy enough to charge money (usually quite a lot of it, too) for a product that's of lower quality than that released by a handful of people who did it for free.
Might I recommend the RightStuf bargain bin and Amazon.com then? You can get the DVDs for a series for cheaper if you use one or both of those sites for your purchases. When I buy a DVD boxset I'm usually paying $20 at most if I use one of those sites, which is a lot cheaper than it would be buying them in the stores or from most any other site.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14050 on: June 25, 2013, 07:32:48 pm »

It went from promising, to horrible, to somewhat watchable, to wtf WHY?! You aren't edgy, deep, or anything. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE SUCH A STUPID HORRIBLE SCENE?! Why accompany it with that cheesy music?! And then it had absolutely no redeeming value.
Really? It seems surprising that you could mess up an anime about dancing Gabe Newell. I don't care if someone else made that joke I'm running it into the ground until it pops up in China.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #14051 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:54 am »

A potentially silly question, but does anyone happen to recognize the source of this GIF? disregarding the edited in words, it looks like a neat anime but I have no clue how to find its source due to no mention of it from the GIF's webpage on Know Your Meme.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I mean, common, it's a dragon getting harassed by seagulls, I'd love to know the context! Going by the colours and "faded sepia" appearance I'd assume it's an older anime (those clouds look watercolored or painted or something, it's lovely) but otherwise I no clear idea of the source.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14052 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:08 am »

Spirited Away? Been a while since I've seen it but it looks familiar.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14053 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:44 am »

That's 100% Spirited Away. And while I won't spoil it, those aren't seagulls.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14054 on: June 27, 2013, 01:32:48 am »

Thats Spirited Away.
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 2193