Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079584 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14010 on: June 17, 2013, 10:13:18 pm »

Okay, I have a question for anyone who has watched Sword Art Online. Warning, big spoilers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At what point in the series?
Just before

You're still probably better off not watching past that episode, though. It's a much better ending than the shit that they pulled with the rest of the show.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: June 17, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »

Ok I am in the mood

Anyone know a non-case closed, Detective Q, Agatha Christie, or ventroliquist man detective series?

(Actually the Agatha Christie anime was very mixed... It was usually poor... but it did have my favorite episode of all detective animes... and it wasn't even a murder)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: June 18, 2013, 06:21:55 am »

Ok I am in the mood

Anyone know a non-case closed, Detective Q, Agatha Christie, or ventroliquist man detective series?
Mmm, I've seen some episodes of Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation where they found a sci-fi way to see the memories of dead people to solve murder cases...though I haven't finished it myself.

Ghost Hunt & its supernatural mysteries is a rather interesting watch...though the anime stops around before the final arcs of the manga.

Some shows that a pal have recommended but I haven't checked out yet are: Master Keaton, UN-GO & Kindaichi Case Files.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: June 18, 2013, 08:42:27 am »

Ffffeck. I'm going back and trying to finish what's available for Mahou Sensei Negima's manga after giving up at chapter 350-ish last time. Does anyone know where I can find a list of chapters with the important events in them (each of the Pactios, maybe even the beginnings and ends of each arc)? I'm searching but can't find anything like that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: June 18, 2013, 10:40:46 am »

Be warned it has the most dissapointing ending ever due to Akamatsu rebelling against his publishers in protest of a movement that could have taken away many of the rights of manga artists
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: June 18, 2013, 11:43:14 am »

Thanks for spoiling that for me then!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: June 18, 2013, 11:55:58 am »

._. I did not think of it like that sorry
It's FEF, not FEOF

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: June 18, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »

Watching the Persona Anime, and I have to ask, should I play the game before I watch the show to it's end?

Also, are there any american tv stations (Besides Toonami) that broadcast anime? Trolling through Hulu is fine for me but I rather like not sinking days into that sort of commitment like I did with Casshern Sins and Gurren Lagann

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: June 18, 2013, 03:30:00 pm »

Watching the Persona Anime, and I have to ask, should I play the game before I watch the show to it's end?

Also, are there any american tv stations (Besides Toonami) that broadcast anime? Trolling through Hulu is fine for me but I rather like not sinking days into that sort of commitment like I did with Casshern Sins and Gurren Lagann
In a sense this would be a spoiler for the game so i would advise yes but i don't think it would matter. The persona anime is interesting as the Main char didn't had much dialog himself in-game and throughout the episodes he maybe says a couple of sentences (there are spouts of speeches also). It does portray the flexibility of his emotions as the hero and his relationships too.

it aint the greatest but definitely not the worse.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14019 on: June 18, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »

Be warned it has the most dissapointing ending ever due to Akamatsu rebelling against his publishers in protest of a movement that could have taken away many of the rights of manga artists

I still think it's worth reading, if only for the continued enjoyment of Akamatsu's one-up on the publishers by making a shounen manga anyway. Do not expect closure from the ending, though. It kind of pulls a reverse Bleach, where instead of continuing on way past it should have ended, it hypes the next grand arc but then sort of ends. Thankfully it doesn't do this mid-arc so it's even more of a wtf, it does it almost right after the last arc so at least you get some closure from that.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: June 18, 2013, 07:06:08 pm »

I still think it's worth reading, if only for the continued enjoyment of Akamatsu's one-up on the publishers by making a shounen manga anyway. Do not expect closure from the ending, though. It kind of pulls a reverse Bleach, where instead of continuing on way past it should have ended, it hypes the next grand arc but then sort of ends. Thankfully it doesn't do this mid-arc so it's even more of a wtf, it does it almost right after the last arc so at least you get some closure from that.

Yep. Despite what I said, its still a really fun read.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14021 on: June 18, 2013, 10:26:26 pm »

Ok I am in the mood

Mmm, I've seen some episodes of Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation where they found a sci-fi way to see the memories of dead people to solve murder cases...though I haven't finished it myself.

Ghost Hunt & its supernatural mysteries is a rather interesting watch...though the anime stops around before the final arcs of the manga.

Some shows that a pal have recommended but I haven't checked out yet are: Master Keaton, UN-GO & Kindaichi Case Files.

How many of those are traditional detective shows? Or rather clue based investigation and actually needing to piece together things with logical reasoning?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:32 am »

Ghost Hunt is about half and half.
They spend most of an arc searching for clues, utilizing equipment, researching, investigating, and interviewing people. The rest is crazy ghost stuff and Naru being Mr. Genius Man.
I liked it well enough (Especially the Bloodstained Labyrinth arc), but I found the conclusions for the chapters tended to be anti-climatic and the ending was a facepalm.

So if you can enjoy a show for the journey and not just the destination and can deal with a lot of shoujo, it's entertaining.
Also that ED song.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: June 21, 2013, 12:47:36 am »

What about Conan? :0 Or does that fall under ventriloquist man series?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:09 am »

What about Conan? :0 Or does that fall under ventriloquist man series?

Detective Conan is also known as Case Closed.
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 2193