Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079772 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13980 on: June 07, 2013, 11:12:56 pm »

Shall I break out the sarcasm tags before he gets the wrong idea?
...I'd say yes. after binging on anime episodes of Girls und Panzer and Attack on Titan for...several several hours at this point, I'd just say yes.

Anyway, made it to episode five of Attack on Titan, and good kung fu action jeezus the whole thing gets crazy. The writers for this really know how to suckerpunch an audience. Not only do they know how to pull a suckerpunch, but they know how to pull a wombo combo and knee you in the crotch and curbstomp your face while you're down. Jeeeez.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: June 08, 2013, 09:48:57 am »

EERR, BAKA AND TEST, BRAIN HURTs
To be fair, the Title can be loosely translated as...
Idiots, Tests and Summoned Beings...
WHICH this Manga is all about...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: June 08, 2013, 10:14:55 am »

Well i'll tell you i didn't like the anime version.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: June 08, 2013, 10:27:01 am »

Manga is always better, Don't even get me started on Anime version of Naruto. BELIEVE IT!!! (FFS WHY DID THEY DO THAT TO NARUTO!!!)

Anyway... Manga of the Day...
Disclaimer - This manga is NSFW, its an Ecchi Manga (Means Perverted if you didn't know) but doesn't stray too deep into anything overly naughty. This Manga is about Kinbaku. Japanese Bondage. Basically though its about SM Play but never reaches the stage of Adult. This is for Mature Teens. I will say again, NSFW. But, its good...

Nana to Kaoru... http://www.mangahere.com/manga/nana_to_kaoru/
This Manga is about a young man named Kaoru who has a SM Fetish. But is ranked in as a 'secondary character' in terms of his looks, brains and well, personality...
Nana is a young woman who can't say No to the duties put on her by her friends, colleagues and teachers, she is pretty much both the School Idol and Girl to Go to with major things such as Festivals and Speeches...
Kaoru and Nana are Childhood friends, neighbors since practically forever. Both only childs to a single parent. Walk to school together. Common Childhood Story. And well. Nana is someone who you could easily say is WELL above Kaoru's "Weight", but still, he has a Major crush on her...
Oh yeah, did I mention that Kaoru has a SM Fetish, kinda big. It kinda melds with his Crush over Nana, he would love to include her in both his life and fetish if ya know what I mean...
Did I also mention that Nana is constantly intrusted with everything, heck even her studies are important to her. Even to the point where she can't fully relax...

Well, Kaoru's Mum isn't a full Hands on kinda Mum, he lets him do what he wants to do with his money even if its something perverted, but one day, punishes Kaoru for something he didn't do (homework) by taking his latest purchase away from him. Stumbling into Nana, she offloads the item in question to her, intrusting her to keep it from Kaoru cause he could easily find them in their place. Cause hey she knows she can trust Nana, she is like a Daughter she never had. When Kaoru comes home, he finds all his "Material" on the bed and everything gone, only thing left was a key. Fear ya Mum's fury...

Nana of course accepts it, I mean she can't say no. But after a while Curiosity gets the better of her and she looks inside the bag to examine the item. Turns out its a Leather One piece Corset. Kinky huh. Well an innocet girl like her would put it back right. Oh wait. Mirror, heh looks like it would fit huh, lets put it bac.... She put it on. Heh Kaoru knows her sizes (cause he constantly is perving on ya girl). Still its kinda an interesting premiss, I mean, the thrill of wearing something perverted like this sends chills down her spine and everything like that. Then she notices the padlock, if locked the outfit can not be removed, so good things she didn't loc..... Did I mention she is a Klutz of sorts... Did I also mention, that the Key left in Kaoru's hands is the same key for this outfit...

Just a Reminder. This Manga doesn't step further then the play, there is nothing that would push this into a full on Adult Manga, there is many references and alot of suggestive themes. But this Manga contains little no nudity and no sex or such thing at all. BUT STILL, not suited for younger readers and so NSFW...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: June 08, 2013, 05:38:45 pm »

Manga is always better, Don't even get me started on Anime version of Naruto. BELIEVE IT!!! (FFS WHY DID THEY DO THAT TO NARUTO!!!)
Watching it with subs wouldn't make it not boring shonen with an eye fetish, nor would it remove the metric fuckton of filler episodes. Actually, I owned the first few volumes of it, and they're filled with evidence that Kishimoto completely winged it for the vast majority of the series, and that he had no fucking clue where he was going when he started it, given that a bunch of stuff was basically copypasta from his earlier dabblings that he was playing with to make something new. Hell, IIRC at some point one of his notes was basically "Haha, I have no idea where I'm taking this."

Mind you, there are a few damned good Naruto fanfics that I like despite disliking the series. It's that old standard: the best works for fanfiction are the ones with just enough drabbles of worldbuilding for people to go absolutely crazy and take it in all sorts of directions which are far more interesting than the one the author chose.

:|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: June 09, 2013, 05:17:53 am »

Do i like anime? Ofcourse i do! I have watched alot of various anime, my favorite is definitely TTGL, all the way.
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
Rawr

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: June 09, 2013, 11:34:11 am »

Do i like anime? Ofcourse i do! I have watched alot of various anime, my favorite is definitely TTGL, all the way.
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
Australian blu-ray release should be coming out in a month or two...

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #13987 on: June 10, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »

Another Manga to check out folks...
Hey does anyone actually like seeing these or should I just leave it be???
*raises hand as well*, I really liked that 'Friendly Winter' one you posted the other day.

This was heavily recommended to me by a friend. Apparently, the feels are overwhelming. I don't have the time right now to read through it though.

http://mangafox.me/manga/the_friendly_winter/

"A 19 year old girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a small child meets a boy with a mental disorder, who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old's body. A Friendly Winter shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations."

>=(

The manga version of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha that I like updated recently. I like how it was kind of a filler recap but also actually had a lot of development given all the stuff that happened off-screen that they explain in the recap.

If anyone likes the Nasuverse and/or Fate/Zero, check out the Steel Fenders AMV (no link because I'm lazy atm). Imagine if Frankenstein was absolutely gorgeous. This is kind of the AMV equivalent of that, considering there are a ridiculous number of different animes that were stitched together to form a brand new story.

WOLFY, PLEASE UPDATE UMI NO MISAKI. I NEED CHAPTERS 113 AND 114! Your author's notes at the end of each chapter are the only scanlator notes I actually read from any one or any group! /cry

Done with the first route on Tsukihime, will work on the others soon. I'm like 2/3rds of the way done with Fate/Zero, and I need to watch the latest SnK/AoT episode.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: June 10, 2013, 02:30:07 pm »

Done with the first route on Tsukihime
It doesn't get easier.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13989 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:56 pm »

Attack on Titan? Never heard of it.

We don't get much call for shows of that nature around here, so I'm not sure people will be interested, sorry. :D

-snip-

Weren't we just talking about it a few pages ago? I distinctly remember that last week, but I don't think anyone used the gaijin title before.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »

We don't get much call for shows of that nature around here, so I'm not sure people will be interested, sorry. :D

-snip-

Weren't we just talking about it a few pages ago? I distinctly remember that last week, but I don't think anyone used the gaijin title before.

And this is why I made the post about the sarcasm tags
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13991 on: June 10, 2013, 08:52:06 pm »

-snip-

And this is why I made the post about the sarcasm tags
*shrug*

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: June 10, 2013, 10:51:14 pm »

I wasn't keeping track of the thread for a while and I waste spend enough time on the internet already without reading each and every post made in every thread I've ever posted in.

Plus I posted that after just finding the anime and not yet finding how incredibly awesome or how popular it is.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: June 15, 2013, 01:04:29 am »

I just started watching Attack on Titan

What the shit

What the fuck

What is even happening

Spoiler: Conjecture (click to show/hide)

I don't even know

This is like a motherfucking emotional rollercoaster, but the rollercoaster has improperly timed jokes and huge motherfuckers eating dudes and this weird mix of idealism and cold, hard cynicism that smacks you around like a figurative punching bag.

And I love it so much
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:04:00 am by ggamer »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: June 15, 2013, 01:49:05 am »

I need to get a movie editing program so I can make a video featuring Guile with attack on titan music.
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 2193