Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079779 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13965 on: June 06, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »

Not giving anything away, but towards the end of Abenobashi there are some plot reveals that derail certain ideas you might have right now as to why things are happening: so it does get a lot more deep, relatively.

Ohhh I am sure they will eventually get bored of boobs.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: June 06, 2013, 08:45:12 pm »

I really enjoy Nichijou, and I think pretty much any fan of anime would too. The art is magnificent and its always hilarious, especially when subbed, since the humour is highly visual and the japanese voice actors do a great job of conveying emotion, so you'd hardly even need to read them anyways. Its honestly the funniest anime I've ever seen, and there's exactly zero smut or fanservice and I prefer it that way.

A lot of people compare it to Lucky Star, but the jokes in either show are worlds apart, imo.

EDIT: Speaking of dubs, what are some of the best dubbed shows you've ever seen?
Off the top of my head, probably Trigun, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop. Those shows are ones I'd never watch subbed.

Nichijou is certainly in my opinion the best slice of life show I've seen. A lot better than Lucky Star, and leagues better than K-On.
Honestly, if you made the uguu~ little girls into boys, do you think people would watch K-On? I feel they wouldn't, at least not the main demographic for it.

And for good dubs, Black Lagoon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: June 06, 2013, 08:51:48 pm »

Honestly, if you made the uguu~ little girls into boys, do you think people would watch K-On? I feel they wouldn't, at least not the main demographic for it.
I think that's what Free! is.  All I know about its reception is that people on 4chan got very angry about it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:03 pm »

Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh for slice of life / gag animes.

Maybe shows like Aria and Hanasaku Iroha for slice of life / drama.

Really, there are at least a couple of sub genres in "slice of life". Overall, i tend to prefer the story-driven slice of life's to the gag ones.

for people who like relaxing / atmospheric shows i'd suggest the OVA Hotarubi no Mori e (1 episode, 45 minutes long), and watch Natsume Yūjin-chō if you enjoy that, it's from the same Mangaka, and seen as an extension of the basic premise.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:04:09 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: June 06, 2013, 09:01:02 pm »

I like my story Driven gag animes to the non-story driven gag animes.

There is something about anime and when the focus is on being funny, but the plot doesn't move anywhere... that makes it just very unfunny.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13970 on: June 06, 2013, 09:46:18 pm »

Another Manga to check out folks...
Hey does anyone actually like seeing these or should I just leave it be???
*raises hand* Well, I enjoy reading manga. Its something I can do while I'm listening to music.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: June 07, 2013, 09:46:16 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:05:26 pm by Bronimin »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: June 07, 2013, 10:37:21 am »

Well then 2 folks wanting manga is enough for me...
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Now imagine this. Your school is all about improving yourself, you are tested on your knowledge and as with many different schools you would get ranked and placed into specialized classes to help improve your education, those that score high on tests get placed together and are trained with even higher graded stuff while those that struggle are lumped together so that the base knowledge can be shared over the group and their scores improve by working together in support...

BUT...

What if your Scores could be visually view as a "Physical Thing"...
In this Manga, the school has a special system, classes are ranked from A to F, Smartest to well, dumbest. But thats not all, your score in each field of study represents your strength, or better yet, the strength of your Summoned Being, an embodiment of your Studies. Exams are actual battles between the Classes with these said Summoned Beings, where your Test Levels give them strength. Say you perform well in Math, your Being could have the strength of 300 (your Test Score) but if your suck at History it might have the score of something abysmal as say, 10........

The Manga follows the lowest class, Class F. Stuck with Low Tables and Cusions for Desk and Chairs and a Blackboard that doesn't even come with Chalk, they have the poorest kept classroom in the whole school, even the tables themselves are falling apart. Meanwhile Class A. HIGH TECH EVERYTHING!!! Computers for everyone, check. Electric Blackboard, Check. MASSAGING RECLINERS CHAIRS, DOUBLE CHECK. Now the Exam rules are simple, Using your Beings to fight based on the Subject related to the attending Teacher you battle, lose and you will need to go to remeidial lessons to get your strength back and if your Being "Dies" in combat, Detention. BUT The reward is oh so sweet. The WINNING Class is able to Upgrade their classroom by swapping with the losing class. Naturally you don't swap down, but swapping up, now thats a nice prize...

Will Class F succeed??? Is there anything more to add??? MAYBE!!!

Go read...
http://mangafox.me/manga/baka_to_tesuto_to_shoukanjuu/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: June 07, 2013, 01:02:18 pm »

EERR, BAKA AND TEST, BRAIN HURTs

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: June 07, 2013, 02:32:49 pm »

at first i honestly thought you're making shit up

and then

seems legit

where's the confused thread when you need oneeeeeeeeeeee

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13975 on: June 07, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »

EERR, BAKA AND TEST, BRAIN HURTs

One episode of that was too much for me.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: June 07, 2013, 08:45:25 pm »

Dunno if this anime has been mentioned yet, but I just found Attack on Titan. It's an action anime with a pretty neat concept of humanity being forced into a single supercity protected by fifty meter high walls because of the abundance of man-eating giants referred to as Titans. The first episode starts out really abrupt, with more emphasis on introducing the main characters and kicking off the plot, but the second episode fleshes out the backstory more and better explains what's happening.

A more official summary from the page:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's got a really lovely art-style too. It's kinda like a blend of comic-book high contrast shading and dark outlines and semi-realistic anime styled characters. It reminds me of a mix of Death Note and One Piece and it works really well. Combined with the neat concept of a megacity with walls 50 meters high I'd say it's worth a peek. The first episode even features magical grappling hook pelvic thruster action in the first two minutes.

Online episodes can be seen here. It's neat, I like it so far.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: June 07, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »

Attack on Titan? Never heard of it.

We don't get much call for shows of that nature around here, so I'm not sure people will be interested, sorry. :D

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: June 07, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »

All I know about Attack on Titan comes from this video.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: June 07, 2013, 09:18:45 pm »

Shall I break out the sarcasm tags before he gets the wrong idea?
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 2193