Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079871 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13935 on: June 04, 2013, 09:01:20 pm »

They're 3D Maneuver Gear.  And yes, there is neat training sequences.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13936 on: June 04, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

Gah! This show (SnK) really knows how to induce a feeling of hopelessness. I'm on episode 6 right now. Its pure genius, but its so painful to watch. It reminds me of the end of Berserk, and vaguely of a few other shows, as well as one creepy single volume manga I read about a mountain that deforms people (*shudder*) but none so potent or surreal as this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: June 04, 2013, 10:17:00 pm »

You should really read Berserk if you haven't already.  Unless you want to stay in constant despair.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13938 on: June 04, 2013, 10:24:43 pm »

You should really read Berserk if you haven't already.  Unless you want to stay in constant despair.
I've already gotten over my Berserk despair. The very second I finished the last episode I jumped online and started reading. There was so much crap that just gets left hanging in the air, like how the hell did Guts get a freaking arm cannon?

But of course you find out that..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
..I had to know, that I never would have found out otherwise!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: June 05, 2013, 04:00:13 am »

So I was listening to the music in Okami (videogame) and well...

I think I know the anime I want to watch... a very beautiful Anime.

Is there one?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: June 05, 2013, 04:40:20 am »

Mushishi came to mind when you asked that.

Google Images / Mushishi screenshots

Aria is another quite pretty, relaxing series. Also, Spice And Wolf has some great backgrounds. Aria or Mushishi if you want something more contemplative.

For action series, Macross Zero is pretty damn pretty, like a lot of people say, you wouldn't know it came out in 2002, looks a damn sight prettier than most current series.

Google Images / Macross Zero Screenshots
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:50:07 am by Reelya »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:28 am »

Mushihi's downright gorgeous, I can also recommend it. It's a slow pace, but it relaxes you out as you watch it. The slow pace is good for you.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #13942 on: June 05, 2013, 08:27:41 am »

shingeki no kyojin dansu paati

Now do it again, but with 3D maneuver gear.

So I started reading the SnK manga. 100 pages in and its super intense.

I heard that everyone recommends you watch it instead of read it. Apparently, the story order is improved, the action is really nice, and the suspense in animated form is so good that it's just better to watch it. Not sure if some of that info is from posters on here or if I read them in the Crunchyroll comments, but in any case, figured I'd let you know.

So I was listening to the music in Okami (videogame) and well...

I think I know the anime I want to watch... a very beautiful Anime.

Is there one?

The visuals for SnK are actually crazy good. Same with Fate/Zero, and the Rebuild of Evangelion movies are also pulling out all the stops.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: June 05, 2013, 08:41:04 am »

I heard that everyone recommends you watch it instead of read it. Apparently, the story order is improved, the action is really nice, and the suspense in animated form is so good that it's just better to watch it. Not sure if some of that info is from posters on here or if I read them in the Crunchyroll comments, but in any case, figured I'd let you know.
+1 to this. The anime has been pretty true to the manga so far and the flow of the story is better arranged. 
Then read the manga after if you want to spoil yourself.  (I already did.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13944 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:31 am »

+1 to this. The anime has been pretty true to the manga so far and the flow of the story is better arranged. 
Then read the manga after if you want to spoil yourself.  (I already did.)
Already watched all 9 episodes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: June 05, 2013, 12:44:51 pm »

The visuals for SnK are actually crazy good. Same with Fate/Zero, and the Rebuild of Evangelion movies are also pulling out all the stops.

Based on what Neo's said about his difficulties with blood and gore I'm not sure if...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: June 05, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

Based on what Neo's said about his difficulties with blood and gore I'm not sure if...

Yeah... The closest to Gore I could handle without hurting my experience was from Eureka 7.

Though I meant beautiful not so much "high quality visuals".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: June 05, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »

Wait, didn't you watch Umineko?  That's probably gorier than F/Z and NGE.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: June 05, 2013, 06:14:13 pm »

Wait, didn't you watch Umineko?  That's probably gorier than F/Z and NGE.

I did, it was the most soul draining anime I ever experienced. I do want to see the end but the anime ended early.

Mind you hearing of the insanely stupid plot twists that came afterwards, I was perhaps spared.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: June 05, 2013, 06:14:44 pm »

I would say yes, but it also drops the ball a lot in the emotional scenes and censors out most of the violence and deaths.
For an example, the scene where
Spoiler: episode 6(?) spoilers (click to show/hide)
They also make Mikasa a bit less obsessive about Eren and more emotionally together.

So if you want it to be more disturbing, you should read it. If you want better action scenes and flow you should watch it.

Yeah... The closest to Gore I could handle without hurting my experience was from Eureka 7.

Though I meant beautiful not so much "high quality visuals".

You could try Mononoke (or the prequel chapter in Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, episodes 9-11 which I personally felt were fantastic) but it will probably be too weird for you. Or most people. It's incredibly strange in both presentation and storytelling but displays some extremely dark stories without resorting to constant gore.
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 2193