Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077416 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13560 on: April 17, 2013, 06:57:52 am »

Yeah, the Hansel and Gretel arc was one of the most emotionally disturbing things I'd seen in a long while. Especially when you remember what their backstory is.
Balalaika: I SAID KNEEL! *shivers*

It really was one of their best arcs...it really is such a pity & it hits you darn hard just how "irredeemable" they were because of how "damaged" they were.
Oh, and Dog Days? Once again the mighty spell "Summon Teenaged Student" is a success
Hey! You know Teenaged students always have the most power!
Japanese kids/teenagers. Damn magical girls & determinator hotblooded youths are frickin' everywhere. And yeah, seems like a good season for new shows. Hopefully it stays consistent enough.

ALso, a friend showed me this "VN"
http://hima.gptouch.com/games/jurassic_heart/
...what the EFF?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:03:03 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:20 am »

ALso, a friend showed me this "VN"
http://hima.gptouch.com/games/jurassic_heart/
...what the EFF?
That's glorious.

On another note, started watching Btooom! Yeah, it's corny, but it managed to make the whole "death game" thing at least slightly fresh. I won't spoil anything, so I'll limit myself to stating that the first protagonist we meet is a NEET who manages to be an unlikeable jackass and a sympathetic character at the same time. Though I was still hoping he would get blown up for a while. Heh, the game itself is a perfect prediction of the future of FPS, I think, sort of like Bomberman crossed with Blacklight: Retribution.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:02:34 pm by ToonyMan »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13563 on: April 20, 2013, 11:34:22 am »

Little Witch Academia is officially on Youtube, so now there's no real excuse to not watch it.

There's a lot of people that want a full-length series of the show, but I honestly don't know if they can stay consistent with the quality if they do so. If anything, I'd want a movie.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:40:10 am by Patchouli »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: April 20, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »

But it's a magical girl anime.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: April 20, 2013, 12:26:40 pm »

Spent yesterday watching Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer with my cousin who had just finished the series a couple days ago. Twas hilarious watching her reactions as she slowly realized that it was actually the Gundam equivalent of Final Fantasy Advent Children.
It's FEF, not FEOF

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: April 20, 2013, 05:43:59 pm »

Spoiler: AT phone home (click to show/hide)
That is completely in character for her.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: April 20, 2013, 06:14:39 pm »

Little Witch Academia is officially on Youtube, so now there's no real excuse to not watch it.

There's a lot of people that want a full-length series of the show, but I honestly don't know if they can stay consistent with the quality if they do so. If anything, I'd want a movie.
Daw, that was adorable.

I'm guessing you're right about not being able to pull exactly that off in show form, though. It had a very movie vibe to it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13568 on: April 20, 2013, 06:18:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: April 20, 2013, 06:22:39 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: April 21, 2013, 04:24:50 am »

Or how about Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, the one about the girl with magical ever-growing hair, who just happens to meet up with a boy with magical scissors? (at least that sounds a little original). This one will either be a nice little quirky one, or totally forgettable.

oh oh hohohoho this ones a bloodbath >:D

*goes to see if anybody has been talking about now that has watched it*

Yeah, never saw that coming from the description they gave. Sometimes it gets a little too creepy but after watching the 3rd Episode I'm reasonably impressed by the show. Seriously, I did not expect

when I read "magical girl with hair that can't be cut."
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: April 21, 2013, 06:07:49 am »

Definitely "turns to shit" lose all hope, you will be a lot happier with the series if you just skip it entirely
I actually really liked the second season, although not as much as the first. It takes away a fair bit of tension when
That and nothing has been able to compare to the season 1 finale. I actually cried. Real tears were shed.

Also, on the topic of "emotionally disturbing", Elfen Lied is a top contender in that category. That is a seriously messed up anime.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: April 21, 2013, 01:25:11 pm »

Or how about Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, the one about the girl with magical ever-growing hair, who just happens to meet up with a boy with magical scissors? (at least that sounds a little original). This one will either be a nice little quirky one, or totally forgettable.

oh oh hohohoho this ones a bloodbath >:D

*goes to see if anybody has been talking about now that has watched it*

Yeah, never saw that coming from the description they gave. Sometimes it gets a little too creepy but after watching the 3rd Episode I'm reasonably impressed by the show. Seriously, I did not expect

when I read "magical girl with hair that can't be cut."

So anime wise its good? is it following the manga?

Definitely "turns to shit" lose all hope, you will be a lot happier with the series if you just skip it entirely
I actually really liked the second season, although not as much as the first. It takes away a fair bit of tension when
That and nothing has been able to compare to the season 1 finale. I actually cried. Real tears were shed.

Also, on the topic of "emotionally disturbing", Elfen Lied is a top contender in that category. That is a seriously messed up anime.
Elfin Lied and Evangelion will always mindfuck me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: April 21, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »

Spoiler: RAAAEEEEG AHOY (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:13:01 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: April 21, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »

Spoiler: RAAAEEEEG AHOY (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 2193