Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077274 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13485 on: April 08, 2013, 03:28:48 am »

I prefer ke~ki.
Me too, it goes well with my cohee.

Well, i just found what is bar-none the worst dub I have ever heard. Even worse than the infamous Bible Black dub! Whilst looking for dubbed shoujo animes for my dyslexic lady-friend, I discovered that Maid Sama was dubbed (to my surprise). Well first up, i can only ask why that one? - and not Kimi ni Todoke or Toradora! which are both much better shows. Then I booted it up to check, and the dub is so bad I'm actually grateful that whoever did this didn't ruin those other shows forever by getting the licenses. The amazing thing is, it's not even the voice actors this time - it's whoever set up the recording equipment. Everyone sounds mechanical and far away, like they're speaking into tin cans or something, or like mp3s recorded at 64kpbs. (i checked other copies online to make sure it wasn't just this one batch). Overall - major dubbing failure if you can't even record someone's voice correctly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:43:25 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: April 08, 2013, 04:41:00 am »

I could use my hate sensors on it to dig up any possible flaw it may have.
Quickly, to the Neomobile!

Now if I knew what anime I am supposed to analyze I'd be all set.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: April 08, 2013, 04:44:39 am »

I think it's the first on the chart i linked - Otona Joshi no Anime Time.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #13488 on: April 08, 2013, 02:02:38 pm »

Nah, Aku no Hana is the show people are getting up in arms about.

Although I did consider watching Otona Joshi, but from the description of the first arc it sounds like just another "romance solves everything" anime. Like Aoi Bungaku but not as good.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: April 08, 2013, 04:02:51 pm »

Surprised that the Sailor Moon remake wasn't on that list, or maybe thats for summer.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: April 08, 2013, 05:56:50 pm »

Just finished watching through Girls Und Panzer. For all it's crimes against logic, it's a surprisingly entertaining show. The characters are distinct, the plot is a coherent if somewhat standard sports story, and the visuals are excellent. The volleyball team is a bit annoying, though.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: April 08, 2013, 06:25:20 pm »

The only thing that really bothered me about Girls und Panzer was the way everyone acted as if the technobabble anti-penetration coating somehow made everything perfectly safe barring environmental conditions. Because, y'know, special armor doesn't do much when you're a competent commander who rides around turned-out most of the time, especially when people are prone to blindly spraying MG fire from secondary mounts to burn off impotent frustration.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: April 08, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »

That was, in fact, one of the "crimes against logic" to which I referred. At least they pointed out once that riding outside the turret wasn't the best idea, to which the main character replied (paraphrased) "Well, people rarely get hit, but if it will make you feel better, I'll get in."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: April 08, 2013, 08:07:13 pm »

It's actually a statement on the horrors of war, and how for many of those fighting death would be a sweet release.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:11 pm »

Where do you guys normally go to keep up with current season shows? Normally I marathon finished series / seasons but I'd like to start staying up to date with new stuff now.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: April 08, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »

Where do you guys normally go to keep up with current season shows? Normally I marathon finished series / seasons but I'd like to start staying up to date with new stuff now.
I tend to fall back on the standard procedure of googling the show name and the episode number and seeing if I can pull anything up (which you almost always can). With newer shows it can be quite a crapshoot depending on how recent the episode you want is, what show you are looking for, and whether or not an american company holds a copyright on it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:09 am »

Hmm well i guess i'll just continue to stay behind the times by a few months then. I'll be checking out

- Bakuman season 3
- Girls Und Panzer
- Robotic;Notes
- Shinsekai Yori

from the previous season.

Did anyone catch Little Busters? How was it?

Other than those shows i mentioned, anyone else recommend anything worth watching that aired in the Oct - March season?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:53:26 am by Reelya »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: April 09, 2013, 02:12:57 am »

Little Busters is ok for being a Key anime and you would like more than the VN..... THE VN (i hate that baseball game some much T_T)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: April 09, 2013, 08:29:33 am »

Angel Beats, full of wtf at the end.  I don't particularly... agree with how things end. 

In a 'I can't think of anything better, but I still don't like it way.'
I just can't accept the concept of acceptance/fulfillment... and then you cease to be/poof.  Without a word or anything. 
Who knows what could have happened, maybe instead of 'ascension', you were taken by force and hidden away somewhere...    The cruelest part is that most of the time, they are leaving people behind, friends, without a word or explanation.
Noone would be the wiser...

Also, reincarnation is debatable in that world if I remember correctly.  You may just cease to be, forever.

Meh, I guess it is like choosing to lay down and die, but with peer pressure.  Everyone else is doing it at the end.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: April 09, 2013, 08:48:52 am »

Spoiler: Angel Beats ending (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:00:54 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 2193