Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077152 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13470 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »

Ok linked fixed. Yeah, most new ones seemed kinda lame. How about Yuyushiki - the anime about 3 highschool girls in the "data processing club"? That one sounds like a winner!

Or how about Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, the one about the girl with magical ever-growing hair, who just happens to meet up with a boy with magical scissors? (at least that sounds a little original). This one will either be a nice little quirky one, or totally forgettable.

I like the "quirky" style ones, but it's sometimes hard to tell from a brief synopsis whether these are the quirky slice of life ones i enjoy, or lame slapstick / harem comedies, so i'll probably do what i normally do and let people review a few episodes before worrying.

BTW, i forgot the full remake of the original Yamato is starting soon, that at least should be something good.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:14:30 pm by Reelya »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:46 pm »

Or how about Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, the one about the girl with magical ever-growing hair, who just happens to meet up with a boy with magical scissors? (at least that sounds a little original). This one will either be a nice little quirky one, or totally forgettable.

oh oh hohohoho this ones a bloodbath >:D

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: April 07, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

Does that list include re-airs?  Because I'm pretty sure Katanagatari is done.

e: right rerun, why include reruns on a chart
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:21:34 pm by Leafsnail »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: April 07, 2013, 03:44:04 pm »

Gargantia is something I've been interested in - Director is from Code Geass and FMA:Brotherhood movie, Urobochi from PMMM is the writer, and the setting is maybe something I'd describe as "Wind Waker but with mechas".

I've heard Valvrave described as "maybe the next Code Geass-like except maybe this time it won't suck like Guilty Crown did", but I don't know much else about it.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: April 07, 2013, 03:50:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that series is annoying so many people by its mere existence that my sides have probably left the galaxy and are headed to the nearest spacefaring civilization in order to spread the news of an event so joyous

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #13475 on: April 07, 2013, 06:08:33 pm »

I'm really surprised it's getting so much hate, because it's the only show I've had any interest in watching this season. I enjoyed the first episode well enough. The animation is a bit choppy but I didn't have any problem with the character designs. In fact, I actually like how detail slowly fades into them as they approach the camera. The BG art was fantastic and it was nice to hear voice work that sounded like actual Japanese. I don't really see what all there is to hate about the show.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: April 07, 2013, 06:10:13 pm »

I'm really surprised it's getting so much hate, because it's the only show I've had any interest in watching this season. I enjoyed the first episode well enough. The animation is a bit choppy but I didn't have any problem with the character designs. In fact, I actually like how detail slowly fades into them as they approach the camera. The BG art was fantastic and it was nice to hear voice work that sounded like actual Japanese. I don't really see what all there is to hate about the show.

I could use my hate sensors on it to dig up any possible flaw it may have.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: April 07, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »

I am amused by "Tomodachi wa Mahou" being in that list.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: April 07, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »

I'm thinking about picking up Yuyushiki when it becomes available if only because I'm genuinely curious how a moe moe data processing anime will pan out.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: April 07, 2013, 08:33:41 pm »

Very amused.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:01 am »

Very amused.

Wow, they even redid the OP in Japanese. Which is kinda ironic since people tend to scream "philistines!" when dubs redo the songs in English.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: April 08, 2013, 02:24:42 am »

Gargantia is something I've been interested in - Director is from Code Geass and FMA:Brotherhood movie, Urobochi from PMMM is the writer, and the setting is maybe something I'd describe as "Wind Waker but with mechas".

I've heard Valvrave described as "maybe the next Code Geass-like except maybe this time it won't suck like Guilty Crown did", but I don't know much else about it.

The first episode was pretty good at least. They also did something to avoid a trope I hate, which won it additional points.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: April 08, 2013, 02:25:46 am »

Very amused.

Wow, they even redid the OP in Japanese. Which is kinda ironic since people tend to scream "philistines!" when dubs redo the songs in English.

If there's one thing I've learnt since I started learning Japanese, it is that there is a huge amount of loanwords. It comes as little surprise that songs are sprinkled liberally with Engrish.

"Aisukure-mu" for example. Roll it about in your head for a bit. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: April 08, 2013, 02:30:23 am »

No thanks, that made my brain freeze for a second.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13484 on: April 08, 2013, 03:24:00 am »

I could use my hate sensors on it to dig up any possible flaw it may have.
Quickly, to the Neomobile!

No thanks, that made my brain freeze for a second.
I prefer ke~ki.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 2193