Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075862 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13305 on: February 11, 2013, 09:41:15 pm »

This weeks Tower of God is just... Woah.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: February 15, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »

Spent the last couple days reading The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, very good, I highly recommend it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13307 on: February 15, 2013, 11:22:51 pm »

Seen the official ending to Persona 4 animation. Pretty epic all things considered.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: February 18, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »

Think I got some good watchin' ahead, I started Mushishi just now, looks pretty awesome, and have the series Shiki & Monster to follow that.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13309 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:51 pm »

Maybe it's only tangentially related to Anime, but sometimes when I'm watching a series on Crunchyroll *insert hipster boos* my internet burps and the video freezes at incredibly appropriate times to the point where, for a few seconds anyway, I don't realize the video is actually frozen instead of it being a really drawn out awkward moment. Sometimes I think the internet problems improve the scene or add hilarious new perspectives, which is rather impressive for happenstance.

e.g. I'm watching Amnesia which is some kind of dating sim cast into anime form. The protagonist (aka player stand-in) is starting a new game path where she's thrown into sudden "we need to talk" meeting with the man-harem's reserved brooding intelligent guy. This protagonist is incredibly annoying because she's basically a "cute" anime girl version of Gordon Freeman (cannot finish a sentence to save her life). They're sitting at the table and she thinks "I wonder what he wants to talk about" and then the screen just freezes with the two staring at each other as if neither wanted to be the one to start the conversation. I found it wonderfully meta.

Or maybe I'm too easily amused.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13310 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:33 am »

I had Fullmetal Panic BSoD my computer when I was on the second to last episode of the first season or something and it was right when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It froze for a few seconds too so it was totally surreal.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:48 pm »

I had Fullmetal Panic BSoD my computer when I was on the second to last episode of the first season or something and it was right when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It froze for a few seconds too so it was totally surreal.
She was hacking your computer bro

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: February 20, 2013, 08:37:23 pm »

Watching the first episode of Girls und Panzer. Ohmagerd. Adorable girls in adorable short skirts with adorable Japanese voices (sprinkled with bits of German, never before have I appreciated my German class so) driving WWII era tanks.  The conflicting super-kawaiidesu school-girls and pure testosterone of heavy metal tanks is just so fantastically fanservice-ly brilliant!

Dub some rock or metal into an AMV and this is the best. anime. ever.

I've not watched any anime series with the original Japanse voice-actors before, it's interesting too, and adorable.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02:54 pm »

Has anyone seen Another?  I saw it recommended somewhere, watched a little, wasn't sure about it.  Opinions appreciated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:09 pm »

Has anyone seen Another?  I saw it recommended somewhere, watched a little, wasn't sure about it.  Opinions appreciated.
I watched it with Taz last year, genuinely enjoyed the atmosphere of the first four episodes but it gets really dumb, like Final Destination levels.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: February 21, 2013, 06:15:44 am »

I had Fullmetal Panic BSoD my computer when I was on the second to last episode of the first season...
I suggest finishing it already to get to the juicier KyoAni versions.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

I did finish the first season, but it was so awful (punching myself in the head) I've only watched two episodes of Fumoffu.  Fumoffu at least understands that this series is a complete joke and is pretty funny. 

I haven't watched much anime since starting Rewrite two months ago though.  Because I fucking love 200 hour long VNs.  I'm almost done with the heroine routes...yes it has a higher line count than Fate/stay night.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:16:54 pm by ToonyMan »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13317 on: February 21, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

I did finish the first season, but it was so awful (punching myself in the head) I've only watched two episodes of Fumoffu.  Fumoffu at least understands that this series is a complete joke and is pretty funny. 

I haven't watched much anime since starting Rewrite two months ago though.  Because I fucking love 200 hour long VNs.  I'm almost done with the heroine routes...yes it has a higher line count than Fate/stay night.
oh god really? ok so how good can you compare it with Clannad and Air?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: February 21, 2013, 01:30:00 pm »

I've only played Little Busters and Planetarian.  If Little Busters is a 3/10 then Rewrite is probably a 6/10 so far.  It's definitely the best Key game I've played.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »

I did enjoyed Little Busters alot more than Air and Planetarian is limbo for me, you never played Clannad? O_o
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 2193