Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075743 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13275 on: February 03, 2013, 06:46:35 am »

Plus, I had the ending spoiled for me through forum posts (Moronic Yahoo Answers cartoon section users put the damn spoilers in the thread titles so you can't even avoid clicking them :o) so avoid reading anything about it in general for maximum enjoyment. Avoid Wikipedia until you've finished the whole thing.

Generally avoid Yahoo Answers cartoons section, I saw a post there once which was titled "how did you feel when these characters died: A B C D E F" (A-F being the names of 6 well-known protagonists) - he managed to spoilerize the endings of 6 major anime series without you even clicking the link. Seriously ruining 6 series for everyone in a goddamn thread title has to be some sort of record.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:52:56 am by Reelya »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: February 03, 2013, 08:22:04 am »

Avoid Yahoo Answers altogether unless it's a compilation of funny questions about human biology.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: February 03, 2013, 09:14:00 am »

Plus, I had the ending spoiled for me through forum posts (Moronic Yahoo Answers cartoon section users put the damn spoilers in the thread titles so you can't even avoid clicking them :o) so avoid reading anything about it in general for maximum enjoyment. Avoid Wikipedia until you've finished the whole thing.

Generally avoid Yahoo Answers cartoons section, I saw a post there once which was titled "how did you feel when these characters died: A B C D E F" (A-F being the names of 6 well-known protagonists) - he managed to spoilerize the endings of 6 major anime series without you even clicking the link. Seriously ruining 6 series for everyone in a goddamn thread title has to be some sort of record.

Did you finish watching Code Geass, Reelya? :) Looking back at it I can safely say I found it heartily enjoyable (if in a way involving a variety of emotions.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: February 04, 2013, 05:00:29 pm »

I finished part 1 of Gantz last night (volume 20).

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAYYYOOOOOOOO

I'll probably do a dumb image dump since last time after classes.

(I also finished the Rewrite common route [it's loooonng] and might [re]write something there...)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:02:02 pm by ToonyMan »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: February 05, 2013, 07:56:08 pm »

Spoiler: yes (click to show/hide)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: February 05, 2013, 09:01:37 pm »

-snip-
For knowing Majhong rules, I really don't know how you could make an interesting story out of it. It's luck and maths, with a bit of strategy, but still.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: February 05, 2013, 09:39:19 pm »

-snip-
For knowing Majhong rules, I really don't know how you could make an interesting story out of it. It's luck and maths, with a bit of strategy, but still.
Incapable of making a decent story? Maybe. But it can make for a great deal of over-the-top absurdity.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: February 05, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »

Akagi is a very interesting anime.

Heck I'd still be watching it if it didn't have one incredibly annoying flaw: I thinks it is a lot smarter then it really is.

To the extent where I HONESTLY wonder if the fact that they keep building up Akagi as a super genius is supposed to be a joke. Since they will claim his ultimate mastery over the world for the most mundane of tricks or understanding.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: February 05, 2013, 09:49:29 pm »

Have you watched Kaiji Neonivek?  You should if you haven't.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: February 05, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »

Have you watched Kaiji Neonivek?  You should if you haven't.

Does it still have the same problem?

You know the one that goes like this

"Akagi is... BREATHING!!! Clearly he is far more intelligent then we can ever hope to be and on such a higher plane that it is impossible to even know what he is doing"
Me: "He is regulating his heart beat by slowing down his breathing"
Akagi: "I am regulating my heart beat by slowing down my breathing"
"Whoa! I didn't see that comming! Clearly Akagi is onto a god!"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »

Wow. People weren't kidding when they said that Kaiji was Yu-gi-oh with mahjong (or did they say that YGO is Kaiji with card games?).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »

The question revolves around whether it is sillier to get that excited over Mahjong or a children's card game which can occasionally steal your soul. Or something, I was never really clear on that.

Unless you're boring and going by the first release of material, in which case Kaiji is a narrow leader (probably), as the first chapter was published sometime in 1996, while the first chapter of YGO was published in December 1996. In any case, close enough that any cross-inspiration either occurred later or solely in the mind of a fan.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:05 am »

Well you could probably go even earlier since honestly they are both kinda like those animes with strategists who are near omnisentient trying to predict the others moves a thousand turns in advance with big speaches about their plans.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: February 06, 2013, 06:57:43 am »

Does it still have the same problem?
Not really.  Kaiji isn't meant to be a huge genius and he often screws up.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: February 06, 2013, 08:10:12 am »

I am just waiting for the next episode of Robotics;Notes to be subbed while I decide if whether I should attempt to watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo or just skimp for a couple weeks so I can buy Shuffle!. Personally I'm leaning towards buying Shuffle! after I get my government ID renewed next week, though that will mean staying inside for most of the next two or three weeks as a means of saving money. Cabin fever here I come I suppose...
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 2193