Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075702 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13260 on: February 02, 2013, 03:52:48 am »

I think I finally understand that Vanguard anime I was watching and the second season.

The issue was that they had to continue the anime but it was impossible because the deck the main character was using was just incredibly outdated.

It is weird but... in terms of quality. Yugioh was actually top notch in its category. It really is the king of games >_<

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: February 02, 2013, 07:29:58 am »

So I bothered to watch the first episode of an anime I've personally dubbed Moe Moe Mahjong, also known as Saki. From what I can tell, it's alot like K-on, except all the cute school girls are playing Mahjong instead of playing instruments.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: February 02, 2013, 07:36:57 am »

So I bothered to watch the first episode of an anime I've personally dubbed Moe Moe Mahjong, also known as Saki. From what I can tell, it's alot like K-on, except all the cute school girls are playing Mahjong instead of playing instruments.

Watch the intro sequence then. It may give you an idea of if the anime is going the dirrection you fear it is.

---

Also I just saw probably the most blatant cop out I have EVER seen in anime... to ignore the ending of a previous season. It is so astounding in fact that I am not even mad, it is kinda funny.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:42:41 am by Neonivek »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #13263 on: February 02, 2013, 09:58:38 am »

So I've been under a hideously wrong misconception.

I thought Tsukihime was supposed to be the prequel to Fate/stay night. I didn't actually know what was in Tsukihime, but I had assumed that since FSN had such a well-developed backstory, and that Tsukihime was made before it, that Tsukihime was the prequel.

I was about as wrong as is possible.

This also made me think that Fate/Zero was the anime of Tsukihime and I should play the game first and then watch the anime. After figuring out Tsukihime has nothing to do with the Grail Wars, I forgot about Fate/Zero for a bit until I watched Gigguk's Youtube series "Anime Zone Reviews" which featured Fate/Zero.

It has begun.

And it is great.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:58 am »

Ahh then the best kind of wrong!

I wish I was wrong that way more often.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: February 02, 2013, 12:14:21 pm »

It's hilarious that you assumed Tsukihime has no anime itself though.  (it doesn't)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: February 02, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »

It's hilarious that you assumed Tsukihime has no anime itself though.  (it doesn't)

People don't consider the anime of Tsukihime to be a proper adaptation? (Mind you I have neither played the game nor watched the anime)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:25:01 pm by Reelya »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: February 02, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

People don't consider the anime of Tsukihime to be a proper adaptation? (Mind you I have neither played the game nor watched the anime)

It does not exist
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: February 02, 2013, 12:36:38 pm »

Ahh, it's like the Star Wars Holiday Special, I see.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: February 02, 2013, 12:38:41 pm »

The what now?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: February 02, 2013, 02:11:24 pm »

I may have been giving Saki too much credit when I watched the first ep. In each ep, there's MAYBE five minutes of legit Mahjong, and the rest of episode is shameless loli fanservice.

It'd be hard to say if it's even legit Mahjong playing anyway, since the scenes are condensed down to "I gotta good hand", "Yeah, lucky draw!" "Ron bitch!" "I just tsumo'd you for points bro!" and that's it. I mean, I don't know enough about Mahjong for in-depth playing to be really meaningful to me, but come on!

I'm not quite sure where the demographic for Mahjong lovers and schoolgirl fanservice fans overlaps, but if you knew nothing about anime and watched this, you'd think it was a circle with how shamelessly they go about it. In the second ep there's a joke about a camera guy focusing his attention on the bust of one of the main characters; this guy might as well just be controlling the perspective camera in each scene and episode, cause it's FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR too often where the camera just lingers on a character's chest and ass. Alot of scenes OPEN with the camera resting right on somebody's rump, and there seems to be scenery-censored bathing scenes just awkwardly inserted into each episode Popotan-style. That's kind of doing it a disservice though, I mean, Popotan was VERY LITERALLY a hentai game translated into an anime, and it's bathing scenes were frequent but they never felt gratuitous, or even sexual in alot of cases and that was full softcore nudity! Saki's are just forced as all hell, and it's obvious and it's irritating.

It often feels that these guys just are not sure how to make something intrinsically entertaining, so fallback to something that seems like a safe bet.These guys need to take a page from Fukumoto, cause Jesus Christ...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:12 pm »

It often feels that these guys just are not sure how to make something intrinsically entertaining, so fallback to something that seems like a safe bet.These guys need to take a page from Fukumoto, cause Jesus Christ...
Did you finish Part 3 of Kaiji Josh?  Part 4 has begun!  And it's awesome.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: February 02, 2013, 03:43:27 pm »

I finished part 3, and yeah, I'm surprised this guy is an author of all things. A bad one, but I like where this is going.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: February 03, 2013, 06:33:48 am »

I am starting to watch "Death Note", all i have to say is this is REALLY good  :D

I need to watch/read anime more

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: February 03, 2013, 06:44:25 am »

I am starting to watch "Death Note", all i have to say is this is REALLY good  :D

I need to watch/read anime more

I HIGHLY recomend for your enjoyment that you do not seek out the Death Note Fanbase.

Your faith in humanity depends on it!
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 2193