Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075385 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13155 on: January 16, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »

Watched the first fifteen episodes of Code Geass. I like. Good show, only had one terrible episode thus far.

I'm a bit miffed, because I WANT to watch NGE, but there is no place I can find it.

It shouldn't be too hard to find if you don't mind a mug of rum and a peg for a leg. Getting a physical copy might be tad trickier.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #13156 on: January 17, 2013, 01:37:11 am »

In other news I just finished watching Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail tonight. Rock certainly changes a lot over the course of the show.
Black Lagoon was something I thought would be pretty good, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It turns remarkably dark in the second season and carries that through in the OVA.

If only the manga would get started back up again...

To those saying that the characters of NGE have no depth or make no sense, that there are many plot holes, etc., I assure you you are, for the most part, incorrect. This isn't the place to discuss it because it will just become NGE spam, but if you'd like some answers to your questions about the series, PM me and I'll likely have an answer.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: January 17, 2013, 08:25:59 am »

Considering it's the anime discussion thread I don't see the problem with having a discussion about anime in it?

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: January 17, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

We should only mention every anime once and only once

who wants to be in charge of the committee for anime discussion.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: January 17, 2013, 04:42:44 pm »

We'll have to have a primary for the chair, the co-chair, the treasurer and the secretary, as well as a rotating group of 5 committee members capable of passing amendments. We also naturally have to have some kind of database for how many times a particular anime is mentioned to prevent overuse.   
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: January 17, 2013, 05:04:24 pm »

We'll have to have a primary for the chair, the co-chair, the treasurer and the secretary, as well as a rotating group of 5 committee members capable of passing amendments. We also naturally have to have some kind of database for how many times a particular anime is mentioned to prevent overuse.   
Clearly, we'll need to set up a committee to organize all of this.  We'll also want a focus group for the database creation and maintenance to ensure that it runs efficiently and effectively as well as maintaining a regular update schedule to reflect changing thread content as rapidly as possible, which should report to the organizational committee as well as, once it's created, the primary committee for anime discussion.  I make a motion for preliminary recommendations to be drafted and a review board to be established in order to generate a structural constitution for the organizational committee. 

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #13161 on: January 17, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »

No no, you're thinking politics. This is the anime thread, so clearly we have to follow the Kujibiki Unbalance rules. Who's ready to draw lots?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: January 17, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »

No no, you're thinking politics. This is the anime thread, so clearly we have to follow the Kujibiki Unbalance rules. Who's ready to draw lots?
I swear i get stuck being the Cat Girls Ambassador again......

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #13163 on: January 18, 2013, 12:04:15 am »

So I'm looking for recommendations of manga with good art. I'm not really concerned about genre or plot or characters or even if it's been translated, just that the art is good. I'm looking to brush up on my drawing skills, so I need references.

The things I value in art are clean drawings, beautiful landscapes and architecture, subdued and more realistic character design, subtle use of expression and posture, and interesting use of angles and layout. The manga I've read that I'd say had particularly noteworthy art would be: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Mushi-shi, Pieta, Aria, and Coelacanth.

Of course, if you feel something has especially excellent art and it doesn't align with my tastes, go ahead and recommend it anyway. It's best not to confine yourself too narrowly to your tastes, and you don't want to limit yourself when you're trying to learn.

Any help is appreciated.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: January 18, 2013, 05:16:38 am »

Well Berserk, Vinland Saga and Vagabond spring to mind as all having good art though Berserk is a little rough at the start.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:08 am »

Hm, Otoyomegatari also comes to mind:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:05 am »

Oh damn, the details :o

I'm almost tempted to start reading.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: January 18, 2013, 11:56:14 am »

So I'm looking for recommendations of manga with good art. I'm not really concerned about genre or plot or characters or even if it's been translated, just that the art is good. I'm looking to brush up on my drawing skills, so I need references.

The things I value in art are clean drawings, beautiful landscapes and architecture, subdued and more realistic character design, subtle use of expression and posture, and interesting use of angles and layout. The manga I've read that I'd say had particularly noteworthy art would be: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Mushi-shi, Pieta, Aria, and Coelacanth.

Of course, if you feel something has especially excellent art and it doesn't align with my tastes, go ahead and recommend it anyway. It's best not to confine yourself too narrowly to your tastes, and you don't want to limit yourself when you're trying to learn.

Any help is appreciated.
X/1999. Or ANYTHING by CLAMP for that matter.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: January 18, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

Are Japanese Corporations allowed to, and do normally, fund and run their own police forces?

I've seen this more then once so I am wondering if this is just a coincidence or if it actually is a thing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: January 18, 2013, 02:12:27 pm »

Are Japanese Corporations allowed to, and do normally, fund and run their own police forces?

I've seen this more then once so I am wondering if this is just a coincidence or if it actually is a thing.
i think they are exaggerating the security stuff
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 2193