Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075357 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12705 on: October 15, 2012, 01:51:44 pm »

I remember one harem anime where EVERYONE beat the main character up
That would be what you call a masochism fetish anime.

Odd compared that the one I am refering to is Love Hina

I was pretty sure it was Love Hina, which is definitely not a masochism fetish anime. It's just the typical "Nice, innocent guy is so misunderstood" comedy routine, taken to (rather abusive) extremes. There are several fics that actually take it to the logical extreme that it is actual abuse (and portray it well, such as underlying reasons why some of the girls do what they do and delving into psychology and issues and recovery); the other logical extreme is that he has super powers. Those are also fun fics.

Just watched the first episode of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Pretty funny, but I hope that they tone down the frequency of over-the-top reaction faces soon because it feels like they're the punchline to every other joke.

This is anime... Over the top reaction faces are pretty much a staple.

That might be an excuse if it weren't for the fact that Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo isn't an anime. Well, it is, but it's more "LOLWHATISGOINGON". It's like Fooly Cooly and Abenobashi's Magical Shopping Arcade meets the Animaniacs and Freakazoid.
And that combination is terrifying
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:21 pm »

Where did you get Majikoi in english? Last I heard, it's still translating Wanko route. If there's a finished translation, can you PM me a link?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: October 15, 2012, 03:11:32 pm »

"Mushishi is getting a second season!"

aaaaaa

you guys

aaaaaaaa

source apparently
I can't understand anything in the link, but I will celebrate with you!

aaaaa

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:30 pm »

Is it Aa of Ectasy, or Aa of Terror? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26:21 pm »

Where did you get Majikoi in english? Last I heard, it's still translating Wanko route. If there's a finished translation, can you PM me a link?
Miyako's should be done soon too!  Yandere's site is all messed up and I don't remember where I got it but simple searching should work.

New Berserk chapters, yaaaaaaaaaaaah

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: October 15, 2012, 06:20:35 pm »

To answer the original post: Not that much, no!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: October 15, 2012, 06:45:38 pm »

Just finished Gunslinger Girl like the others.

I didn't really get the last chapter for a while, and I was just waiting for it to take a turn for the worst (which is referenced the chapter before on what could potentially happen), and then it was handled quite well. I don't know of Fugo Mueller is a new character or not. I also don't know if the last convicted guy was ever referenced before (the journey's been so longgggg). I'm not sure if I mind that not all of the plot bunnies, esp. with the girls, was addressed. The ending was well done in my opinion, and I'm glad it didn't slip back into grimdark.

Assessment: excellent, excellent series.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: October 16, 2012, 01:01:23 am »

I just started watching Arakawa Under The Bridge, i'm liking where this is going, if i could work out where it's going (a bit unpredictable is a good thing).

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: October 16, 2012, 01:19:41 am »

I just started watching Arakawa Under The Bridge, i'm liking where this is going, if i could work out where it's going (a bit unpredictable is a good thing).

I remember that one. It's like they decided to try to make a series where every single character was insane, and see where it went.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: October 16, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »

I remember that one. It's like they decided to try to make a series where every single character was insane, and see where it went.

... Paranoia Agent without the dog?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: October 16, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »

So far nobody is homicidal. Paranoia Agent has more "peak insanity" whereas Arakawa just lacks any sane people whatsoever. Arakawa Under The Bridge seems to be on the same basic wavelength as Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko or Mawaru Penguindrum.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:42:12 pm by Reelya »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: October 18, 2012, 01:48:25 am »

I've been watching One Piece. Subbed, since I heard they messed up the sub. This show is both ridiculously awesome and awesomely ridiculous. And all the characters are great, especially Luffy; he's just so insane and sure of himself.

The only thing I don't like so far is the overly-long fights of the sort that pop up in shonen series like this, just because I feel compelled to keep watching until they reach a resolution. I just finished the first one; I doubt it will be the last. Still, even though it was long (like, probably 4 hours total), it was still enjoyable, and I'll look forward to more in the future.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: October 18, 2012, 01:53:05 am »

Subbed, since I heard they messed up the sub.
Perfect sense.

But yeah, 4kids is terrible for that alone.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: October 18, 2012, 01:54:59 am »

I quite liked One Piece up until episode 180 or so. For a long running shonen series, it kept rather fresh for a long time.

Once the Baroque Works arc was over though, it became really damn tedious. Not much after it worth watching, save a few select parts (like the Ussop/Luffy duel).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: October 18, 2012, 02:01:33 am »

Subbed, since I heard they messed up the sub.
Perfect sense.

But yeah, 4kids is terrible for that alone.

Has 4Kids actually ever done anything WELL?
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 2193