Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075369 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12690 on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:46 am »

Most of the time I can predict exact words each character will say. In japanese.
See also: tsunderes.
B-baka! I-it's not like I do it for you or anything.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:29 pm »

I remember one harem anime where EVERYONE beat the main character up

But only one of the females was Tsundere. The rest just kept getting excuses to beat him up.

Or rather here is the formula
1) One character beat him up because she secretly had a crush on him
2) One character beat him up because she kept getting reasons to, he keeps ending up doing someone inappropriate.
3) One character beats him up by accident and unknowingly
4) One character beats him up lovingly

I bet you can predict this anime just by that description

Honestly though the one anime I actually dislike for the "Love/hate" sort of deal is Familiar Zero mostly because it exits "Fun pain for the protagonist" into "Full on unrelenting child abuse that we are expected to find funny". It is the only anime to actually get me to stop watching out of disgust.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:17 pm »

By the way, thanks for mentioning Sora no Woto, Reelya. I needed something short to watch.  :)

Hey that makes me feel happy that someone enjoyed watching my recommendation ;D my work here is done.

One thing just occurred to me about that show vis a vis the fan-service discussion. There was exactly 1 short fan-service-heavy ecchi scene towards the end of Sora no Woto which felt out of place, but it involved a character who was not a regular cast member.

I can really see some lines being drawn in the production team on that show with a producer saying "you gotta get some boobs in the plot!" but the art and writing team saying "not with our characters, you don't!" so they compromised and had some random girl's boobs pop out (no nipples though).

A shame really and it indicates how prevalent this stuff is, even if everything else in a show is the complete opposite.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:54:57 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: October 12, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »

Reelya why does that make me feel like an anime about the making of Sora no Woto would be more interesting then the actual anime?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: October 12, 2012, 01:55:44 pm »

Did you like Haibane Renmei or Aria? Then you'd like Sora no Woto.

The making-of-anime anime would probably be Bakuman when it gets up to that point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:57:29 pm by Reelya »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: October 12, 2012, 01:56:02 pm »

That would be what you call a masochism fetish anime.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: October 12, 2012, 01:58:38 pm »

That would be what you call a masochism fetish anime.

Odd compared that the one I am refering to is Love Hina

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: October 12, 2012, 02:17:47 pm »

Honestly though the one anime I actually dislike for the "Love/hate" sort of deal is Familiar Zero mostly because it exits "Fun pain for the protagonist" into "Full on unrelenting child abuse that we are expected to find funny". It is the only anime to actually get me to stop watching out of disgust.
The LNs of the series were worth reading to a certain degree, IMO, if only because they didn't turn into pure fanservice, and the relationships were depicted as being exactly as screwed up as they were. Between the male lead nearly letting the talking sword convince him to rape the female lead while she was sleeping, the female lead repeatedly horsewhipping the male lead (once nearly to the brink of killing him, with S&M overtones), and the female lead's mother being an unsympathetic, abusive bitch (as part of the explanations for her emotional issues) it was something of a more serious take on the 'harem + tsundere' genre without getting into School Days territory. Still not good, mind you, but screwed up in a way that was at least mildly interesting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: October 12, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

That actually does sound better.

My problem with Familiar Zero wasn't so much that there was child abuse... but that we are expected to find it hillarious.

Though yeah still not good >_<

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: October 12, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »

Finished reading Gunsliger Girl...personally found the end quite nice & satisfying after all the deaths, regrets & despair.

Also This, something nice: TYPE-MOON Festival Event OP Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nPn0IThJU
Nice video...awesome BGM/OST. Been that long huh...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: October 13, 2012, 10:38:37 am »

Soukou no Strain's fanservice is mostly limited to one episode, and it's fairly short, too.

However, it featured some of the most gratuitous and low quality CGI I've ever seen, and some of the character design is a bit... off.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: October 14, 2012, 01:14:51 pm »

I finished Wanko and Yukie's route in Majikoi.  Wanko's was okay.  Yukie's has a neat arc and ends afterwards quick enough not to bother me but it wasn't really that good compared to Wanko's.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
References references references

I hear Yandere is going to actually release Miyako's route soon and it's the best one yet!  (They're always the best ones yet)

I finished volume 11 of DKaiji and volume 10 of Angel Densetsu too.  I've been busy the last few days though because MID-TERMS so I can only finish like half a dozen things a day instead of a dozen...
Spoiler: Angel Densetsu (click to show/hide)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: October 14, 2012, 03:47:29 pm »

Buffet of fabulous.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: October 14, 2012, 07:41:00 pm »

Just watched the first episode of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Pretty funny, but I hope that they tone down the frequency of over-the-top reaction faces soon because it feels like they're the punchline to every other joke.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: October 14, 2012, 11:01:01 pm »

Just watched the first episode of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Pretty funny, but I hope that they tone down the frequency of over-the-top reaction faces soon because it feels like they're the punchline to every other joke.

This is anime... Over the top reaction faces are pretty much a staple.

----

Side note I watched a series of "Bad and silly" animes... and I actually liked about 50% of them

I have problems.

MIND YOU for a few I think the people who put that list up just have little taste/tollerance.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:59:18 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 2193